Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FS Bora Bora anyone

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Smile FS Bora Bora anyone

Planning a trip for next summer. Any recent trip reports (did a search and they seem to be dated)? Advice on specific bungalow? Thank you
Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:47 am

With my favorite resort, the Hotel Bora Bora closed for a much needed refit, the FS Bora Bora is a welcome and superb addition. One of my favorite FS properties and one of the few FS resorts that can compete with an Amanresort... I would recommend the Premier Mountain-View Over-Water Bungalow Suite and above in terms of room category.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blackbook
With my favorite resort, the Hotel Bora Bora closed for a much needed refit, the FS Bora Bora is a welcome and superb addition. One of my favorite FS properties and one of the few FS resorts that can compete with an Amanresort... I would recommend the Premier Mountain-View Over-Water Bungalow Suite and above in terms of room category.
Thank you Blackbook- can you advise as how you did transfers to and from resort? Also which pontoon did you stay in ? I heard there is some sort of helicopter transfer? We are planning to combine with a couple of nights in moorea- any advice there??

Thanks again
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by off2rome
Thank you Blackbook- can you advise as how you did transfers to and from resort? Also which pontoon did you stay in ? I heard there is some sort of helicopter transfer? We are planning to combine with a couple of nights in moorea- any advice there??

Thanks again
I did the boat transfer... I stayed in the East Pontoon- I believe it was one of the suites- numbered 401-433. I liked how it was a little bit farther out than the other Pontoon. I have not been to Moorea in quite some time and I didn't find the properties comparable.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks any other recent tr?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD

Thanks again
The hotel is built on the motu (small islands), a boat transfer is the only way to reach FS. You can either chose shared or private boat transfer between hotel and Airport. I believe it's around $120 person round trip, or $ 400 for private transfer. The helicopter only apply to those people arriving from Tahaa island.

I would recommend visit Bora Bora during Heiva Festival by end of June until mid July, but it's also a windy season too. Or early August if you prefer to enjoy a peaceful and quite Bora BOra.

It's better request Mountain view with sunset direction, either 200 or 400 pontoon. 100 - 200 is very close to facility and 300 - 400 East pontoon usually took around 10 minutes walk to the restaurant.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks- let me understand is June the windy season??
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:14 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Thanks- let me understand is June the windy season??
June and July are windy season.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:00 am
Original Poster

How windy is June? Are some areas windier than
Others ? Is it the same for moorea?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Transport to/from the airport is expensive (my transfer to the St. Regis cost ~$90 for all of the 7 min ride).

To be honest, majority of the bungalows are the same with the only difference being the view. I think it was a $250/night difference between the mountain facing and ocean facing (believe $300+ difference between the resort/beach facing).

During the summer months, the water is cooler in case you plan on doing cannonballs from the bungalow deck.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 2K/2MM
Great thread - thanks

Planning BB in July next year - FS one of the places I am looking at. Please keep the thoughts coming!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by silver-tls
Transport to/from the airport is expensive (my transfer to the St. Regis cost ~$90 for all of the 7 min ride).

To be honest, majority of the bungalows are the same with the only difference being the view. I think it was a $250/night difference between the mountain facing and ocean facing (believe $300+ difference between the resort/beach facing).

During the summer months, the water is cooler in case you plan on doing cannonballs from the bungalow deck.
I definitely plan on canon balling off the deck! To that point when you say water is cooler what temp are we talking?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:50 pm

We stayed at the FS Bora Bora in May. Loved it! We booked through a travel agent who provides packages throughout Tahiti. The total price included amazing boat transfers on the FS yacht.The trip cost was lower in cost through the package than booking flights/hotel/transfers individually. We were also upgraded, buffet breakfast was included, and received a free night.

The tub in the bathroom is amazing. Our friends remodeled their bathroom using the same designer as the FS bora bora - tub and all.

We stayed in the pontoon closest to the main amenities of the resort. Definitely do not book the lowest category beach view unless you are sure you will be upgraded. In the mornings you'll probably hear and see the landscape crew cutting grass and raking the beach.

My favorite experience was the lagoon snorkel tour with the resident Marine biologist. The fish naturally come in from the sea and make their own habitats from the coral that Oliver, the marine biologist grows. No sharks - if any come in - Oliver removes them at the request of FS management. Ask for a box and take some bread with you from breakfast to feed to the fish in the lagoon.

We stayed in Moorea before our visit to the FS Bora Bora and looking back I wish we never went to Moorea and stayed at the FS longer. My friend told me that before I booked, but I didn't listen to him. I wish I had!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by needmorevacay
lagoon snorkel tour with the resident Marine biologist. The fish naturally come in from the sea and make their own habitats from the coral that Oliver, the marine biologist grows. No sharks - if any come in - Oliver removes them at the request of FS management.
thanks, very interesting..

the main lagoon or the small FS lagoon?
http://www.fourseasons.com/borabora/...on/resort_map/

Originally Posted by needmorevacay
The part of the lagoon that is to the right of "chill island" and extends past the right of the tennis courts and left of the chapel. Oliver has built up this area with lots of coral attracting lots of tropical fish, puffers, moray eels, and etc.

The area titled "Lagoon" on the map is closed off at the moment. The residences are planned around this lagoon. Oliver said he plans to extend the guest snorkeling to this area in the future.
perfect, thanks

some residence sites front the lagoon in question, others front pacific ocean >
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8313/iyu.png

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 6, 2013 at 3:18 pm
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
thanks, very interesting..

the main lagoon or the small FS lagoon?
http://www.fourseasons.com/borabora/...on/resort_map/
I think he means the hotel lagoon. Also does anyone have a room number map that also identifies what category the rooms are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.