Langham Chicago

Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:57 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
As far as FHR or Virtuoso upgrades go at the Langham-- does anyone know how the club level fits into the category progression (or perhaps not at all?)?
Can't comment on FHR, but Virtuoso is not suppose to go from non-club to club. But with everything, YMMV
3rd night free offer is in the marketplace until end of May, blackouts apply.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 2:31 pm

Any recent stays or reviews here? Is club operating with Covid??

Also would you pick Langham or Peninsula for long weekend this fall?

Last edited by off2rome; Oct 1, 2021 at 11:51 am
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by off2rome
Any recent stays or reviews here? Is club operating with Covid??

Also would you pick Langham or Peninsula for long weekend this fall?
I've never stayed at the Peninsula, so can't help there. However, I did just tack a single night at the Langham on to a work trip last week. Friday night stay, booked lowest level room on Amex FHR. They were offering club rooms at a pretty hefty premium, so I would assume they are offering something, but didn't ask. Upgraded to a high floor (11) river view. Hotel only goes to floor 12, I believe. Amex FHR was a $100 breakfast credit (assume it was daily), good for the restaurant OR room service. It would not be hard to utilize the entire credit for 2 people. Also a $100 property credit, which we used to offset dinner at Travelle.

Our room was amazing, spotless, great view considering the building location and the bed/linens were top notch and incredibly comfortable.

Service was great from the bellman to the front desk to the Travelle bar (one of the bartenders brought us the wrong check, not even remotely a big deal, and another bartender comped us 2 glasses of wine because they were "training a new bartender) to the room service server. Great stay all around. We'd just come from 4 nights at the W City Center for a work event, which is a perfectly fine hotel, but it was a great contrast to see what a different level the Langham is on every front.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Stayed here this week. Hotel still running basically all cylinders. Linens, towels, housekeeping all remain top notch. Great room design (spacious bathroom, good closet space, etc) for business travel. I also sampled the pool / fitness center for the first time. I think I have a new ritual when I am in Chicago for work - do meetings all day, then relax with a swim in the pool, steam room session, then hit Travelle bar for drinks before dinner. Bar and restaurant seemed crowded both nights. Chicago as a city seems lively. It is hard for me to stay anywhere else when I travel for work as my corporate rate here is I think about $200 off of BAR or whatever.
obscure2k, dgreen12 and FlyerEC like this.

Last edited by Adelphos; Dec 5, 2021 at 8:00 am
Old Dec 9, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I've stayed there a few times in the last 12 months. I usually stay in the largest non-prestige suite (i.e., I don't do the presidential).

1) It's been OK. Service hiccups abound with certain room service things taking a lot longer to come than would be expected, or not coming at all.
2) Rooms show a bit of wear. Floors and walls are dinged up.
3) Ventliation/heating was super loud. Woke me up a few times at night.
4) Natural lighting can be bad depending on what side your room is facing. My first time was a corner suite so I had excellent lighting. My second time was a regular suite and the lighting was terrible.

I'm not sure I'll stay again when I go to Chicago. But then again not sure where I will stay.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:22 am

Was just there a few weeks ago. Everything was pretty much running as usual. Only hiccup we had was very lack luster bar service and we weren't able to dine in the restaurant for breakfast due to low staffing. We could have dined but when on vacation we aren't early risers so by the time we walked down they weren't accepting anymore diners.

We are heading back in a few weeks and will be staying club level and are very excited for that. We just did club at Langham Boston and it was very fun.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:56 am

Returned for yet another visit. This time we did a 1BR river view suite club level. The room was fantastic with great views. I personally feel the Club level here is not worth the premium. Sure it has the best view in the hotel, but I felt the alcohol selection and food was a bit lackluster. We previously did the Langham in Boston club level last month and we really enjoyed it. The alcohol is out all day (in Chicago you have to ask for wine prior to 230-3) and was of much higher quality. Boston had Tattinger as their club champagne and Chicago had some $12 bottle of cava.

We plan on heading back to Boston again this summer for another go round of the Langham.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by DetailsIM
Returned for yet another visit. This time we did a 1BR river view suite club level. The room was fantastic with great views. I personally feel the Club level here is not worth the premium. Sure it has the best view in the hotel, but I felt the alcohol selection and food was a bit lackluster. We previously did the Langham in Boston club level last month and we really enjoyed it. The alcohol is out all day (in Chicago you have to ask for wine prior to 230-3) and was of much higher quality. Boston had Tattinger as their club champagne and Chicago had some $12 bottle of cava.

We plan on heading back to Boston again this summer for another go round of the Langham.
Thanks for this. I have club reservations next month and am reconsidering based on this review. I was able to walk through it recently and the property feels a bit wedged into a skyscraper. Based on all the positive reviews, that alone wouldnt stop me from staying there--- but if the Cub is sub-par I think I may go for the much more integrated look and feel that the Pen offers. I certainly encourage anyone to object to this conclusion-- opinions would be appreciated.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
Thanks for this. I have club reservations next month and am reconsidering based on this review. I was able to walk through it recently and the property feels a bit wedged into a skyscraper. Based on all the positive reviews, that alone wouldnt stop me from staying there--- but if the Cub is sub-par I think I may go for the much more integrated look and feel that the Pen offers. I certainly encourage anyone to object to this conclusion-- opinions would be appreciated.
We are looking at returning again this winter and won't do club level. The reason we did club level in the first place was due to a promotion via AMEX FHR booking. The one pro to booking club level is the rooms should have better views. We had a 1br river view suite and it was fantastic. Corner room with amazing views.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.