Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Starwood "Luxury Privileges" program

Starwood "Luxury Privileges" program

Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:55 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Zero change for now (well for 2018 at least I am told but anything is possible). The future will bring a stream-lined program. Marriott already consideration Edition park of the Ritz family of upscale MikeFromTokyo
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:43 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
I got the scoop today from my Marriott Luxury rep: Luxury Privileges will go away ... and STARS will take its place.

(1) STARS does offer a breakfast amenity at BAR rates (flexible rates, including Members rates), 4 p.m. check-out, free WiFi.
(2) All St. Regis, Luxury Collection, and W Hotels will now have a "guardian angel" which is very good from the perspective of a TA. It means it will be easier to VIP your stay.
(3) There are only 50 U.S. STARS agencies, many, many more Luxury Privilege agencies. The number of participating agencies will be much closer to 50 than to the current roster of Luxury Privileges agencies. (But most FlyerTalk-based TA's are with agencies like Brownell, Pro Travel, and Valerie Wilson Travel that are STARS members).
(4) Virtuoso will always trump STARS. STARS is a recognition-based rather than an amenity-based program. Useful, though, when dealing with a non-Virtuoso Starwood or Ritz luxury property.
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
So, any intel on what will become of the Luxury Privileges rate post-programme merger - is it staying around? There are many Ws in particular that are part of Luxury Privileges but not FHR/Virtuoso and they'll become somewhat less attractive to me if Marriott decides not to keep this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:21 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Great info!

By the way, is STARS the only chain-based TA program (for lack of a better word) that provides less amenity benefits than Virtuoso? FSPP, Fan Club, etc are seem to match or exceed Virtuoso in most cases
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Great info!

By the way, is STARS the only chain-based TA program (for lack of a better word) that provides less amenity benefits than Virtuoso? FSPP, Fan Club, etc are seem to match or exceed Virtuoso in most cases
Fewer benefits.

No, I think other programs like Hyatt Privé also have comparatively few benefits.

STARS is a very good program, and just because there is not a published upgrade benefit does not mean that in practice guests will not be upgraded. It’s always possible for TA to negotiate.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
As I generally use the $100 F&B/Resort Credit to justify the increased cost of paying BAR over my corporate / the prepaid rate, this certainly makes the non-Virtuoso properties less appealing in a city where there's competition from Virtuoso and/or cheaper MR/SPG hotels
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:16 am

Do Lux Priv bookings earn SPG?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:25 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Do Lux Priv bookings earn SPG?
Yes they do
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by United747

Yes they do
As do Virtuoso bookings.

What doesn't earn SPG points are "wholesaler" bookings.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Virtuoso/ Lux Priv bookings also show at your SPG-account if you mention your number at time of booking. The SPG-benefits are also granted additionally to Virtuoso amenties.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
No surprise but the Luxury Privileges page listing properties and amenities is now no longer active:

http://www.starwoodpromos.com/partne...yout=amenities
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:37 am
Original Poster

... but the good news is that Luxury Privileges rates are currently still available.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I used to use the code 399330 to see the Luxury Privileges rate on the Starwood website. It no longer seems to work on the Marriott website.
Is there an alternative? I know it's usually the flex rate, but I'd like to be sure... Also it was nice to see the benefits listed directly.
I don't always want to bother a TA just to see if LP might make sense.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Try the code LU3
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks! That helped.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:37 pm

Booked a Luxury Privileges rate through my TA. The hotel is listed as “upgraded at booking” however my room type still shows the same. Is there something I need to do for the upgrade?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.