Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amangiri Trip Reports (combined threads)

Amangiri Trip Reports (combined threads)

Old May 14, 19, 12:26 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post

And I am counting on that for the future!
Haha, as you know, we are up for Giri in Jan...Just couldn't make it this time around.
Cool crisp air with fire places and heated pool sounds great to me
instyleprincess and bhrubin like this.
Old May 14, 19, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BESVISOR View Post
Haha, as you know, we are up for Giri in Jan...Just couldn't make it this time around.
It is!

And, for me, going around that time means I'm not broken up over missing so many of the incredible sights/hikes/etc that are so nearby.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 14, 19, 12:40 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I know. Here’s hoping in the next few years we can meet up there in winter. We now are thinking about it for a future Thanksgiving trip (maybe the weekend before Thanksgiving to avoid the “crowds”) or mid December trip (to avoid the holiday crush and concomitant rates). Or just a return in January, hopefully without the LA scene morons.
FlyerEC and BESVISOR like this.
Old May 14, 19, 12:40 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
Originally Posted by aa213bb View Post
It is!

And, for me, going around that time means I'm not broken up over missing so many of the incredible sights/hikes/etc that are so nearby.
Flyertalk group trip to Giri. Jan, 2020!
FlyerEC, aa213bb, LinLant and 1 others like this.
Old May 14, 19, 10:45 pm

On a serious note, do you happen to know how much a buyout would be per night? It would be an awesome property for a corporate retreat over, say, a long weekend, but I have no idea what something like that would cost. Is it as simple as adding up the nightly rates of every single room and suite plus the Mesa Home and multiplying that by however many nights you want to buyout the place for? Cheers!
Old May 15, 19, 7:32 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by MicSanToro View Post
On a serious note, do you happen to know how much a buyout would be per night? It would be an awesome property for a corporate retreat over, say, a long weekend, but I have no idea what something like that would cost. Is it as simple as adding up the nightly rates of every single room and suite plus the Mesa Home and multiplying that by however many nights you want to buyout the place for? Cheers!
No, it wound't be the same as just adding up the nights over the amount of rooms. When I book mid to large size events (10 - 150 rooms per night) for my corporate clients, I usually negotiate a discounted rate. Usually get the fees for event spaces (meeting/ball rooms) waived by attaching catering for the event. So it would just depend on the dates and amount of rooms needed, but should be a discounted rate.

Giri would be an amazing corporate retreat spot
bhrubin and MicSanToro like this.
Old May 15, 19, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

The one time we went, a few years ago (maybe more? sheesh) they resort had just been bought out for, I believe, a week for Land Rover NA.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 15, 19, 2:11 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Now you all want to go in January after I just did? Darn followers. I better see all of your doors open to let in that fresh, cold desert air...

Sadly, I will be on my 50th bday extravaganza in the not-so-cold Yucatan in Jan 2020. I don't know how you can go to a meet in the cold without the King of Cold, honestly. You really won't believe it until you see me walking in shorts when it's 45-50 F.
BESVISOR and MicSanToro like this.
Old May 15, 19, 2:21 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by aa213bb View Post

The one time we went, a few years ago (maybe more? sheesh) they resort had just been bought out for, I believe, a week for Land Rover NA.
Oh nice!

Ha, Giri seems like a natural choice for Land Rover
bhrubin and MicSanToro like this.
Old May 15, 19, 9:09 pm

No, it wound't be the same as just adding up the nights over the amount of rooms. When I book mid to large size events (10 - 150 rooms per night) for my corporate clients, I usually negotiate a discounted rate. Usually get the fees for event spaces (meeting/ball rooms) waived by attaching catering for the event. So it would just depend on the dates and amount of rooms needed, but should be a discounted rate.

Thanks for the insight, Hao!

Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
I don't know how you can go to a meet in the cold without the King of Cold, honestly.
Too funny! :P

Anyone down for group White Desert trip to Antarctica without bhrubin? That would be cold... and a ton of fun, especially since it's a trip he really wants to do IIRC.
bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.
Old Jan 11, 20, 2:36 am

Is there a souvenir/gift shop there? Do they sell hats?
Old Jan 11, 20, 10:54 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by cheesedawg View Post
They have hats in the rooms. As far as I know every Aman has a boutique.
Old Jan 11, 20, 11:29 am
formerly htang333

Agreed with offerendum But Aman Kyoto is the exception no boutique yet but they do give away an Aman Kyoto bag in the room to be kept/taken.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 24, 20, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by cheesedawg View Post
They sell hats. I can't recall if they had a wide range but they had some Nike hats with Amangiri branding that struck me as a lot nicer than hats I've seen at many Amans.
Old Jan 28, 20, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by jja34-1 View Post
They sell hats. I can't recall if they had a wide range but they had some Nike hats with Amangiri branding that struck me as a lot nicer than hats I've seen at many Amans.
Yes - I have two of the Nike hats and still wear them with some regularity! Much nicer than some of the other Aman hats.

And unless they changed the layout of the property in the last two years, there is a boutique right by the main entrance on the right before you reach the reception area. They sell the usual sunscreen, hats, t-shirts, as well as art / jewelry / other high end stuff. When we were there was a resident artist (German I think?) who used local rocks / minerals as her medium and created some spectacular pieces.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: