Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Aman Canal Grande, Venice, Italy

Aman Canal Grande, Venice, Italy

Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:46 am

I wonder if the Countess's cousin - Prince Emanuele Filiberto Umberto Reza Ciro René Maria di Savoia has come to stay yet - he apparently won Italy's 'Strictly Come Dancing'

Saw this in the press here a couple of weeks ago - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ia-food-truck/
Old Jul 13, 2016, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scented
he seems also be rather well-known
Letīs say some people in Germany know him

Originally Posted by Trogger
probably one of the top 3 German sports celebreties ( that are still active)
I guess this is correct.

Originally Posted by Trogger
He is the captain of the German national soccer team ( and was 2014 when they won the world championship in Brazil)
This is not correct. He is the actual captain, but captain 2014 was Philipp Lahm
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by offerendum

This is not correct. He is the actual captain, but captain 2014 was Philipp Lahm
100% right... my bad. No clue why I got this wrong...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:04 am

Booked at Aman Venice next month . Booked directly . Deposit paid with the usual correspondences . After all that a few days later , I am asked to fully pay up prior to my stay . Is that the standard now ? Was at AYangYun a few months ago but there wasn’t this requirement. Any insights on this is much appreciated .
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:55 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by bearbrick
Booked at Aman Venice next month . Booked directly . Deposit paid with the usual correspondences . After all that a few days later , I am asked to fully pay up prior to my stay . Is that the standard now ? Was at AYangYun a few months ago but there wasn’t this requirement. Any insights on this is much appreciated .
Some Amans will require full payment prior to arrival, usually 7 - 15 days prior. For example, just had to do this for two clients at Amanyara, which requires it 15 days prior to arrival (paid in full). It's normal
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Amanoi wanted the same thing.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:05 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Echoing what @BESVISOR said and to clarify further, it will depend on hotel to hotel as well as season to season.

Last edited by chinmoylad; Aug 15, 2018 at 10:10 am
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

from above sounds like not standard now but more common than in past
some changes may be 'necessary' by aman increasing sales & marketing

past example for aman sri lanka >

For bookings between 20 December 2011 and 10 January 2012...full payment are required 45 days prior to arrival and cancellations made during the 45-day period will result in a penalty of the entire length of stay. Reduction on the number of nights stay can be made within 30 days of booking. If the number of nights is reduced during the stay, a 100% payment of total stay is applicable.
venice is one of smallest most expensive amans, followed japan with adding some weekend premiums

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 15, 2018 at 10:13 am
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I actually shredded some folios yesterday.. Amanera wanted prepayment as well as Amangiri...

Amansara said they would take full payment but never took it....

The one benefit of prepayment is that it kind of feels like a free vacation when you get your folio... kind of...

FDW
ctrlf and BESVISOR like this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:57 pm

I was there a few weeks ago. Yes, same thing. The full amount was charged prior to my arrival. But once you are there, they will never nickle and dime you.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:07 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by sleepro

I was there a few weeks ago. Yes, same thing. The full amount was charged prior to my arrival. But once you are there, they will never nickle and dime you.
Very true regarding Aman (in general) doesn't nickel and dime you to death!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Looking to do a joint birthday party here next year with a group of family and friends. Probably 8-10 rooms, total. Is this something that would work well here? Has Aman ever been amenable to discounted rates for booking 8+ rooms for one party?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

may be able to take a floor, could ask re layout
for example one floor has 4 rooms at 'back'
7 bedroom, 2 affresco, 4 luminoso, 6 stanza
sansovino, maddalena, papadopoli, tiepolo, canal
besides discount also confirmed upgrade, inclusions

seems event brochure no longer online

aman.com/resorts/aman-venice/dining-palazzo-kitchen
relatively new to website. 7 seats? how often?

btw villa milocer is 8 rooms when island closed
(island low - may 1 > jun 12 and sep 10 > oct 14)
callmedtop likes this.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 17, 2019 at 11:02 am
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:16 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Looking to do a joint birthday party here next year with a group of family and friends. Probably 8-10 rooms, total. Is this something that would work well here? Has Aman ever been amenable to discounted rates for booking 8+ rooms for one party?
In short, yes.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Stay April 2019

Here my report about my stay in April 2019:
Outdoors
Ground Floor
First Floor
Second Floor
Affresco Room
Video roomtour
Breakfast
Arva (restaurant)
Letīs first talk about the hardware. The public spaces are absolute stunning and alone worth a visit. The room itself was spacious enough but I found the bedroom not that great. The bathroom was generally nice, but things like the silicone are annoying. For me a real problem were the noises in the room.
Now the software. Service was good but again not legendary or something like that. For me it was a normal to good 5 star service, nothing which will be in my mind for a while. There is absolutely nothing wrong about it (quite the opposite).
Last about the location. If you leave the hotel you are in a very touristy street. There might be more central locations but I think itīs still good.
My final verdict is difficult. In my eyes you donīt really get what you pay, otherwise you are in Venice, Italy - one of the most overpriced cities in an overpriced country. This said ít was over all a good stay without major failuresī, but not one Iīm enthusiastic about. Perhaps I expected too much, thatīs sometimes a problem. Compared to CaīSagredo I would still choose the Aman as it was miles above it but from the value-point Sagredo is the clear winner.
This was my second stay at an Aman (after Amangiri) and again I had a nice but totally overpriced stay. So far I canīt understand the myth of Aman, perhaps I will have more luck during my next stay in October (Amanzoe).
obscure2k likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.