FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Choices in Frankfurt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1458994-choices-frankfurt.html)

sguy Apr 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Choices in Frankfurt

Any thoughts on the best hotels in Frankfurt?

Staying in Villa Kennedy now, and although very nice thinking of changing to avoid boredom :O.

Would Jumeirah, Hessicher or something else be as nice or better?

offerendum Apr 17, 2013 2:39 am

Originally Posted by sguy (Post 20602591)

Staying in Villa Kennedy now, and although very nice thinking of changing to avoid boredom :O.

Jumeirah has a perfect location and is really new. I would have a look on the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, highly rated in German hotel-guides. Location is very central, building is nice, but Iīm not a big Steigenberger-Fan.

If you are in Frankfurt you can ask at the hotels to see a room. Itīs relative common in German to walk in, ask for free rooms and have a look.

cathaana Apr 17, 2013 5:08 am

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 20605129)
Jumeirah has a perfect location and is really new. I would have a look on the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, highly rated in German hotel-guides. Location is very central, building is nice, but Iīm not a big Steigenberger-Fan.

If you are in Frankfurt you can ask at the hotels to see a room. Itīs relative common in German to walk in, ask for free rooms and have a look.

I would also recommend those two.
Or do the Villa Rothschild if you don't need to be right in the city.

vuittonsofstyle Apr 17, 2013 8:01 am

Originally Posted by sguy (Post 20602591)

Jumeirah definitely! Great spa there and unusually caring service.

roadwarrior365 Apr 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Stayed at both Jumeirah and Villa Kennedy. Jumeirah best hard product in the market and great service for a hotel in Germany...Villa Kennedy was so so.

sguy Apr 18, 2013 4:23 pm

Jumeirah

Thanks for the quick responses!

Stayed at Jumeirah for one night where there were only three of the standard rooms left....none of which were ideal for me.

Ended up staying in room 911, although I'm not super-superstitious that seems to be tempting fate!

Other than that the bathroom is a great hard product and everything is really new! Still really enjoyed Villa Kennedy so it will be a tough choice next week.

NYBanker Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof was the compulsory hotel for us at JPM. It was very nice, very (unduly?) traditional/classic decor and centrally located.

My default residence is Villa Kennedy now however. Much nicer property.

LakerAirwaysDC10 Aug 19, 2013 10:06 am

Do you know the brand of the toiletries at Westin Grand and Steigenberger Frankfurter

I have a choice of either hotel and I am a bit of a brand snob when it comes to bathroom items. Do you know the brands at both hotels?

Blackbook Aug 19, 2013 11:19 am

Originally Posted by LakerAirwaysDC10 (Post 21298417)
I have a choice of either hotel and I am a bit of a brand snob when it comes to bathroom items. Do you know the brands at both hotels?

Neither of these hotel groups had any brands worth remembering from my experience... I prefer the Villa Kennedy in Frankfurt.

uggboy Aug 19, 2013 12:23 pm

During our stay, over 3 years ago at the Steigenberger Hotel Frankfurter Hof we had the following amenities:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2783/4...1f135364_z.jpg
Our Delxue room @ The world-famous Steigenberger Hotel Frankfurter Hof - Frankfurt/Main - Germany - The grand dame of the city - one of the best hotels in the country and Europe! 02/2010 - Enjoy!:) by || UggBoy♥UggGirl || PHOTO || WORLD || TRAVEL ||, on Flickr

offerendum Aug 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by uggboy (Post 21299230)
Our Delxue room @ The world-famous Steigenberger Hotel Frankfurter Hof - Frankfurt/Main - Germany - The grand dame of the city - one of the best hotels in the country and Europe! 02/2010 - Enjoy!:)[/url] by || UggBoy♥UggGirl || PHOTO || WORLD || TRAVEL ||, on Flickr

I can confirm, itīs not nearly the best Germany has to offer:)

Blackbook Aug 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 21299461)
I can confirm, itīs not nearly the best Germany has to offer:)

^^ I agree!

OliverB May 13, 2016 8:51 am

Has anyone stayed at the Frankfurter Hof recently?

I just booked a Dlx Room on a prepaid rate because we have an overnight stopover coming back from Venice and I didn't feel like spending more on the Kennedy for an 18hr layover. Just curious if anyone has spent a night at the Steigenberger recently as this thread is a few years old?

uggboy May 13, 2016 9:23 am

Originally Posted by OliverB (Post 26619954)
Has anyone stayed at the Frankfurter Hof recently?

I just booked a Dlx Room on a prepaid rate because we have an overnight stopover coming back from Venice and I didn't feel like spending more on the Kennedy for an 18hr layover. Just curious if anyone has spent a night at the Steigenberger recently as this thread is a few years old?

We haven't stayed there recently, but we enjoyed our stay at this superb property. The Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof was fully recently renovated, it also boats a Michelin starred restaurant, other outlets, plus Spa, beside large rooms and a spot on location. Cheers & Safe Travels. :)

Please share your impressions/experiences with us here on FT, would be interesting to hear/read about newer experiences from this landmark hotel. ^

speedbird001 May 13, 2016 11:19 am

I have also stayed at Villa Kennedy, nice but nothing special. I had lunch on the terrace of Steigenberger about a week ago which was delightful. The bistro restaurant was closed for renovation. I felt the lobby had a nice charm to it and would appreciate hearing if anyone has seen the newly renovated rooms.