Choices in Frankfurt

Old May 14, 2016, 6:10 am

I also stayed at the Jumeirah, mainly because it's pretty new, as well as within walking distance to everything Frankfurt has to offer. It's a good stop if you're there for a day and want to explore. Solid service too.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: United, Bonvoy, NEXUS/GE, Amex Plat
Couldnt find a newer Frankfurt thread in the forum, apologies if there is one! Debating between the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, Sofitel Opera, and Villa Kennedy for a quick, one night stay in Frankfurt. Would love anyones thoughts who has been to one of the three!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:59 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by MTan
Couldnt find a newer Frankfurt thread in the forum, apologies if there is one! Debating between the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, Sofitel Opera, and Villa Kennedy for a quick, one night stay in Frankfurt. Would love anyones thoughts who has been to one of the three!
I'm a fan of Villa Kennedy. I've sent many clients there for short stop overs and always received good feedback. Actually, I'm heading there Sunday night for a stop over stay myself
MTan likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:46 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
I'm a fan of Villa Kennedy. I've sent many clients there for short stop overs and always received good feedback. Actually, I'm heading there Sunday night for a stop over stay myself
I've had many good stays at Villa Kennedy, and would still recommend it as No.1 option in Frankfurt, but lately the rooms have gotten quite worn and shabby. They starting updating them last year, so be sure to get one of the renovated ones.

On my last stay i tried Sofitel Opera, and was disappointed. Incompetent Front Desk, very odd room layout, terrible bar, uninviting lobby, F&B hit and miss. Good location in the heart of Frankfurt though. Back to Villa Kennedy next time.
MTan likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:13 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by livefromtuscany
I've had many good stays at Villa Kennedy, and would still recommend it as No.1 option in Frankfurt, but lately the rooms have gotten quite worn and shabby. They starting updating them last year, so be sure to get one of the renovated ones.

On my last stay i tried Sofitel Opera, and was disappointed. Incompetent Front Desk, very odd room layout, terrible bar, uninviting lobby, F&B hit and miss. Good location in the heart of Frankfurt though. Back to Villa Kennedy next time.
Great to hear

Yes, I booked one of the renovated Jr. Suites. Hoping the weather will be nice and we can enjoy a good meal in their courtyard during the quick layover.

P.S. potentially visiting Tuscany (Rosewood) in December for Christmas. If so, will reach out and would love to stop by to say "hey!" or have a meal.
Although, I'm sure you guys will be busy at that time.

Cheers!!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:23 am
formerly vienna-resident

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Great to hear

Yes, I booked one of the renovated Jr. Suites. Hoping the weather will be nice and we can enjoy a good meal in their courtyard during the quick layover.

P.S. potentially visiting Tuscany (Rosewood) in December for Christmas. If so, will reach out and would love to stop by to say "hey!" or have a meal.
Although, I'm sure you guys will be busy at that time.

Cheers!!
Yes please do so! We'll be closed in winter for renovations (again!) but as we live on property we'd be most happy to have you visit!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:22 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by livefromtuscany
Yes please do so! We'll be closed in winter for renovations (again!) but as we live on property we'd be most happy to have you visit!
Wonderful!! Will be great to meet/chat and see the special property you guys have
Once the trip is finalized, I will reach out to align. Cheers!!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:28 am

In my view the choices are between:
- Villa Kennedy: rooms are getting dated, location not great but at least closer to airport, best spa / pool area, nice courtyard to sit outside in the summer
- Sofitel: best location but awkward service and room layout
- Jumeirah: good location and hardware. Feels a bit tacky and don't like the breakfast area

I usually revert to Villa Kennedy unless I want to be more central
livefromtuscany likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:13 am
formerly vienna-resident

Originally Posted by DonJ
In my view the choices are between:
DonJ has nailed it. Perfect summary of the hotel scene in Frankfurt.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Just checked-in at Jumeirah. First I got an upgrade from my 559 Grand Deluxe Suite to a 519 Skyline Junior Suite. I complained and showed the rate but they still claim it's an upgrade and the system is wrong. JS should be more expensive but no day I checked it is. At least in the end I got the Grand Deluxe Suite which is much bigger, the Skyline Junior Suite is incredible small. So far a desaster......
Old Dec 18, 2019, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum
Just checked-in at Jumeirah. First I got an upgrade from my 559 Grand Deluxe Suite to a 519 Skyline Junior Suite. I complained and showed the rate but they still claim it's an upgrade and the system is wrong. JS should be more expensive but no day I checked it is. At least in the end I got the Grand Deluxe Suite which is much bigger, the Skyline Junior Suite is incredible small. So far a desaster......
I hate when hotels claim you've gotten an upgrade but it's worse than what you paid for. You should have been given whatever is above the Grande deluxe suite!
offerendum likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
I hate when hotels claim you've gotten an upgrade but it's worse than what you paid for. You should have been given whatever is above the Grande deluxe suite!
Its a 2500 suite. Alone this i If I book something more expensive I saw the less priced alternative and decided to pay more. Who is happy to get the cheaper one? She even painted for me on a sheet its an upgrade. How stupid do they think I am? By the way during my stay I had contact with 3 persons at reception. 1 spoke broken German, the other 2 only English. I would never expect someone speaks German in France, England, the U.S. or even Geneva. But in Germany I expect a person at reception speaks German. No big deal but I think its wired.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by DonJ
[left]In my view the choices are between:
- Villa Kennedy: rooms are getting dated, location not great but at least closer to airport, best spa / pool area, nice courtyard to sit outside in the summer
- Sofitel: best location but awkward service and room layout
- Jumeirah: good location and hardware. Feels a bit tacky and don't like the breakfast area
I'm from Frankfurt. For that reason, I only know these hotels from receptions and dinners, not from staying there overnight. With that qualification, I do like the Hessischer Hof and am a little surprised of nobody mentioning it.

As for location, I think it's a tie between Jumeirah and Sofitel. The location of the Hessischer Hof is a bit worse than that of Jumeirah and Sofitel, but I'd still place it ahead of the Villa Kennedy.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Trip report: Jumeirah Frankfurt

I promised a report of my stay at Jumeirah Frankfurt in December, here we go. I booked a Deluxe Suite which was around 540 per night under a Virtuoso rate.
When I arrived it took a while till a doorman took care of my car. The Juneirah is part of a shopping mall, the Lobby is relative small. I was greeted at reception. When I talked German to the staff she told me she cant understand it. I fact 3 of 3 people at reception I dealed with during my stay didnt speak German. I dont know what others think but Im not impressed by this. I have no problem to speak English at a hotel but in Germany I simply prefer German.
What now followed was the worst check-in I had to for some years. I was told as I booked via Virtuoso I would get an upgrade to a Skyline Junior Suite. A generous upgrade, as this "suite" was sold for around 40 less than my booked Deluxe Suite.
I had a look at this suite and wasnt impressed. While the view is Pretty nice the room was quite small with a small and uninspired bathroom:

I went down to reception were I wqas told again I received a great upgrade, no matter if the room is cheaper. After I didnt agree the lady took a pencil and sheet to do a painting for me. She wrote "Deluxe Suite" on the sheet and above it "Skyline Junior Suite". Now she painted an arrow from the Deluxe Suite to the Junior Suite to show me I received an upgrade. See, I learned something. At this point I had enough and asked to check-out and leave. Now they offered me a Deluxe Suite.
The Suite was on the first view pretty good, especially the bathroom. A much better room than the Junior Suite. Unfortunately the furniture was a little worn down.

I also had a free Minibar which was stocked in a wired way. Its stocked one time, otherwise you pay 18 . The bar was one of the most shabby I ever saw, half rotten......

I had dinner at the restaurant, which was pretty good. Breakfast in the morning was good, I didnt took pictures.
A real pain in the ... are the elevators. Here a video how to use them:
Bottom line: I wasnt impressed. The location in the middle of the city is good, the hotel nothing special. The rooms are a little tired, the service far from great.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
With the Villa Kennedy expected to close, what does everyone recommend for a 5 star holiday in Frankfurt?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.