REPORT: Washington DC Hotels Part 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

REPORT: Washington DC Hotels Part 1

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

probably might as well do PH over RCs unless club. likely better F&B. (think any great reports here for st regis were old and no longer apply. only thing W has going is [public] rooftop, and possibly a couple tables with views in restaurant.)

if you use an agent i think rosewood has been like capella with some unpublished agent offers. some offers may be through their preferred agency program rather than larger consortia/etc.

Originally Posted by Usairelite
upgraded to an executive suite

apologized for the inconveniences

wonderful waitress, however, tried to better the situation by comping our desserts and glasses of wine
will be interesting to see what happens under rosewood (ownership) also considering reports from NYBanker and luxury. was nice to see rosewood kept rooftop (and lounge) guests-only at least so far. kind of curious re view of 4th of july fireworks from roof, and what they have on offer then.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 17, 2017 at 2:08 am
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
probably might as well do PH over RCs unless club. likely better F&B. (think any great reports here for st regis were old and no longer apply. only thing W has going is [public] rooftop, and possibly a couple tables with views in restaurant.)

if you use an agent i think rosewood has been like capella with some unpublished agent offers. some offers may be through their preferred agency program rather than larger consortia/etc.

will be interesting to see what happens under rosewood (ownership) also considering reports from NYBanker and luxury. was nice to see rosewood kept rooftop (and lounge) guests-only at least so far. kind of curious re view of 4th of july fireworks from roof, and what they have on offer then.
Last time I walked by Rosewood, they had a small sign on the sidewalk promoting the rooftop bar. I think it's gone public (unfortunately).

re poster's question, I'd think about where the wedding was located. PH is perfectly fine for the reasons you mention. I think I prefer the Rosewood a tad more, and a good virtuoso agent can likely help you a great deal.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks, unfortunate but not surprising, happened jul 2016

Rooftop Bar & Lounge is available to guests of the hotel and to the public
Open Daily 11:30 a.m. Lunch: 11:30 a.m.
guests-only for breakfast? posted aug 14 2017 >
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
We also took breakfast up there
rosewood has rosewood elite in addition to virtuoso/etc

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 18, 2017 at 11:46 am
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:59 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
guests-only for breakfast? posted aug 14 2017 >
They were advertising a sunrise continental breakfast until 9 AM.. but did offer menu choice... I didn't see what time they served breakfast up there to unfortunately.. sorry!

FDW
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
What would you do?

Long weekend upcoming. Premium room below suite level. Pricing and benefits the same. No particular need to be near monuments/museums/neighborhoods. Not considering anything other than these two. What would you do?:

Hay-Adams - have stayed there 7-8 times before; love it and being so close to the White House.

Four Seasons - never stayed there; used to walk by when I lived in DC and was young and couldn’t afford anything close to that, thinking some day I’ll stay there ...

Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO; DL GLD
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Long weekend upcoming. Premium room below suite level. Pricing and benefits the same. No particular need to be near monuments/museums/neighborhoods. Not considering anything other than these two. What would you do?:

Hay-Adams - have stayed there 7-8 times before; love it and being so close to the White House.

Four Seasons - never stayed there; used to walk by when I lived in DC and was young and couldn’t afford anything close to that, thinking some day I’ll stay there ...

Just spent 3 nights at the Hay-Adams over the weekend. There is significant construction on a building next to the north side of the hotel. The noise starts before 7am Monday through Saturday. We had a room facing St. John's Church halfway down the building and it was irritating. If you can get a non-connecting room on the South side of the hotel, go for it. Otherwise, avoid it like the plague as there is only a single door on connecting rooms and it is paper thin. Our neighbors had conversations at a normal volume an we could hear everything they were saying.
Yahtzee and bhrubin like this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:02 pm

Do you think the noise will be an issue at the St. Regis down the street?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:02 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Yahtzee

I go to DC about once a year for a long weekend... Most of the shops/restaurants we frequent are either in Georgetown or Dupont.. so we stay somewhere in that area.. never stay near any of the tourist attractions...

Four Seasons: Something about this hotel just doesn't appeal to me. I'm not sure if it's the decor, or the drab external architecture but we've only stayed here once and never really wanted to return. We stayed in a West Wing one bedroom suite, which in my mind has quite a strange layout (basically the bedroom has no windows.. Service was quite good; I had made a couple requests that were honored to a very high standard. The location is quite good as you know; right at the start of Georgetown..

I know you're not considering anywhere else but we have stayed at the PH, which is the value leader in DC. Keep in mind Hyatt Privé bookings come with an upgrade at booking, so that can be quite valuable. Blue Duck has solid breakfast.. For the price, this is often my choice, plus of it's convenient location. Note: I haven't stayed in anything below a suite here but I would avoid the entry level rooms (which you should be able to with a prive booking) because I think they are just shower over bathtub combinations...

We have also stayed at the Rosewood.. between the FS and the Rosewood I would pick the Rosewood every time.. it's a very intimate hotel, solid service, loved the room decor.. location is right smack dab in the middle of Georgetown.. If it's just the wife and I than this is my choice everytime... my one stay here my virtuoso agent (Besvisor) was able to confirm an upgrade at booking..

FDW
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:18 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
We have also stayed at the Rosewood.. between the FS and the Rosewood I would pick the Rosewood every time..
For the Yahztee this might not be an option as the hotel is closed until end of March 2019
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO; DL GLD
Originally Posted by muran
Certainly nowhere near to the degree it is at the Hay-Adams. I can't speak to the quality of the window glazing at the St. Regis. It's more than likely fine.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:59 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ABG
For the Yahztee this might not be an option as the hotel is closed until end of March 2019
Dang I completely missed this.. any idea what the renovation will entail?

FDW
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:06 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Noise isn’t likely to be a factor, at least based on our stay for Easter 2017. We had no issues with street noise.

Poor service issues are more likely to be a factor at the StR based on our stay, and I’m about the biggest StR fan boy of them all. I’d love to hear afterward how your stay goes, if you don’t mind. I swore I’d not return until the hotel refurbished/renovated and/or had a significant change in the management team.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:46 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Dang I completely missed this.. any idea what the renovation will entail?
"Townhouse" suites and a new Cut Restaurant..... probably a few other touches here and there.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Noise isn’t likely to be a factor, at least based on our stay for Easter 2017. We had no issues with street noise.

Poor service issues are more likely to be a factor at the StR based on our stay, and I’m about the biggest StR fan boy of them all. I’d love to hear afterward how your stay goes, if you don’t mind. I swore I’d not return until the hotel refurbished/renovated and/or had a significant change in the management team.
Thanks I just read your review. That's too bad because St Regis and Hay Adams were the two places I was looking to stay. The update won't be for awhile because I am going to go in May.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:40 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thanks I just read your review. That's too bad because St Regis and Hay Adams were the two places I was looking to stay. The update won't be for awhile because I am going to go in May.
I’d also recommend the Rosewood if you like being in G’town. It’s beautiful and boutique and really impressed us. You also could consider the FS or MO or PH. I love the dining at the PH, but I’ve heard service there is also hit or miss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.