Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beaver Creek, Colorado

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Beaver Creek, Colorado

I have been staying at The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch since it opened. I have also stayed many times at The Park Hyatt Beaver Creek and have always preferred the Ritz. These hotels (like many resorts) have a continuous problem with the service. Due to the seasonality of the business, they tend to attract employees who come out for the season and never return.
Having just spent eight nights at The Ritz BG, I can tell you that the service has never been better. The staff is highly motivated and professional and the food is several notches above the competition in the area. The special treat was to find past employees still there and the ever so energetic General Manager, Abdullah Vural still on site which gave us a familial feeling.
Additionally, I was told the hotel will close on April 1st for a renovation of all the guest rooms, most of the public areas, an expansion of the Buffalo Bar and the addition of a cigar bar. This may be the best ski resort hotel in the North America.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by speedbird001
I have been staying at The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch since it opened. I have also stayed many times at The Park Hyatt Beaver Creek and have always preferred the Ritz. These hotels (like many resorts) have a continuous problem with the service. Due to the seasonality of the business, they tend to attract employees who come out for the season and never return.
Having just spent eight nights at The Ritz BG, I can tell you that the service has never been better. The staff is highly motivated and professional and the food is several notches above the competition in the area. The special treat was to find past employees still there and the ever so energetic General Manager, Abdullah Vural still on site which gave us a familial feeling.
Additionally, I was told the hotel will close on April 1st for a renovation of all the guest rooms, most of the public areas, an expansion of the Buffalo Bar and the addition of a cigar bar. This may be the best ski resort hotel in the North America.
Do you know, how long it will be closed. I like to stay there next year.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offerendum
Do you know, how long it will be closed. I like to stay there next year.
The rooms will be completed and the hotel will reopen in early June. The work on the Buffalo Bar will be completed in the fall.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:11 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I've had lunch here and really liked the feel of the place. My cousins were villa owners and always spoke so highly of the skiing....especially for their small kids.
They used to have a dog that could take you out for hikes! I saw him wandering around. LOL.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Ericka
They used to have a dog that could take you out for hikes! I saw him wandering around. LOL.
Mr. Bachelor
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offerendum
Mr. Bachelor
They still do. Now it is a St. Bernard. Very appropriate.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by speedbird001
They still do. Now it is a St. Bernard. Very appropriate.
Cool
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:01 am

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
I stayed at Park Hyatt last month, love the location, but the hotel itself is really meh....what a shame, especially since I stayed there right after staying with FS Vail. I went to dinner one night at RCBG and would love to stay there next time!!
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Just spent another week here with my family. The hotel has a new GM since last year. The service has reached a new standard particularly when you consider many of the employees do not work there year round. They got rid of Wolfgang's restaurant and have a new chef and the food is also top notch. This is way ahead of the Park Hyatt BC in hard and soft product.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
We just got back from a stay at the RC Bachelor Gulch. I booked 2 rooms with points but they upgraded our family to a small 2 bedroom residence for $200 a night. The place was a zoo because it was the busiest week of the year, but they did a pretty good job dealing with it. It is very convenient for skiiing as it is 20 yards from the lift on my favorite section of Beaver Creek. The rooms are far too dark. The food was pretty good other than one terrible room service meal we had.

On the whole, we had a very enjoyable stay and I would certainly say it is the best choice at Beaver Creek even if is a notch below the FS Jackson Hole and the Montage in Deer Valley in my list of favorite ski hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.