Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2013 New Amanresorts, GHM & Ahn Luh Development Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by ngfan
Just heard from the Aman rumor mill (inside gossip):

They are looking into an Aman Napa Valley but I do not know how far they have come with that.

From the 2012 Aman thread:vuittonsofstyle
Miguel Guedes de Sousa (ex Amanjena) is about to go there, I hear. Sounds like a firm rumour as to the 2013 opening of Amanduna in Comporta.

Heard that he has left the business after having married a very rich lady...although LinkedIn shows him as Managing Director Hotels and Tourism Operations at Explorer Investments.
He did leave Aman and he did marry an heiress and he now runs a hotel investment business in Portugal.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ngfan
Just heard from the Aman rumor mill (inside gossip):

They are looking into an Aman Napa Valley but I do not know how far they have come with that.
Aman Napa would be a great development. We'd sorely needed more luxury options in the area IMO. I was getting sick of the B&B's.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Chedi Nusa Penida - http://www.sinnivillas.com/
Amazing architecture on touristically quite peninsula next to Bali - looks really fantastic!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:42 pm

I love most of the GHM hotels and resorts and feel sad that they have lost some of the best ones like Setai,,,but what is this? I get a kind of six senses open air bathroom feeling from this...?! Design is cool and different but something bothers me about it
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by BaumeMercier
I love most of the GHM hotels and resorts and feel sad that they have lost some of the best ones like Setai,,,but what is this? I get a kind of six senses open air bathroom feeling from this...?! Design is cool and different but something bothers me about it
Agree - me, too. Not what I think of as GHM.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Chedi Nusa Penida - http://www.sinnivillas.com/

I love it!
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:44 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I thought all of the rooms were completely glass enclosed. So, no open air. But I could be wrong about that.

We may want to wait until the place opens (or at least until some more concrete information is available) before we decide.

I think the design is quite interesting and, if executed correctly, could be very cool.

Last edited by xracer; Aug 8, 2013 at 9:37 am
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
The last 10 years, nearly all new luxury resorts/hotels have strong visual references to the asian Amans/Trisaras/MandarinOrientals. That makes hotel architecture more and more standardized, and, at the end, boring.

As long as there are no open air bathrooms like at Six Senses, I strongly endorse new and innovative approaches to hotel architecture.

Therefore, I am more than happy about the courageous design plots for Chedi Nusa Penida, Bali: http://www.sinnivillas.com/the-nest-the-nest.php

Aman showed innovations with Amangiri, Four Seasons showed them with the main building in Ubud, and now hopefully GHM shows it in Nusa Penida... Since it seemed, that the whole luxury resort world was balinized in the last years, it is very good to see, that the next step of innovation is perhaps coming through a visionary Balinese new property!

When I travel, I want to explore. New countries, new cultures, new architecture. So I praise everybody with a visionary approach on this!
Old Aug 8, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
... Design is cool and different but something bothers me about it
Concern that the staff might be Ewoks?

Last edited by schriste; Aug 8, 2013 at 11:51 am
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GHM no longer has the same influence on design, and has abandoned size limits. theyre struggling. im curious re ownership.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:53 am

When is it supposed to open?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric

I love it!
+1!

And I agree with others about how hotels are becoming increasingly similar. This kind of innovation is nice to see.

Having said that the bathroom looks like a total miss. No shelf space at all. Where are you going to put all the essentials like a toothbrush or razor?
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:59 am

Heard a rumor today that Marwan Al Sayed is working with Aman on some of their new projects,,,anybody knows if this is true? They did the amangiri as far as I know but dont know if they have done any others..
Old Aug 9, 2013, 10:06 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

The full resort will be open in September, but in terms of staff training, the optimum experience will more likely be reached next spring.
I think I read that you plan to visit in September. I'm still curious if this is the case since the opening has been pushed back until late October.

Also, I have heard that the transport from the airport will cost 125USD per way.

FYI, I am talking about Amano'i here (if that was not already clear).
Old Aug 9, 2013, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by xracer
I think I read that you plan to visit in September. I'm still curious if this is the case since the opening has been pushed back until late October.

Also, I have heard that the transport from the airport will cost 125USD per way.

FYI, I am talking about Amano'i here (if that was not already clear).
When did the opening get pushed back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.