Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmanZoe (Greece)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:50 am
Aman Contributor Badge

It really sounds great and the pictures are gorgeous!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:08 pm
BLV

Yes, looks beautiful and I'm thinking of introducing myself to Aman Resorts next year by starting with Amanzoe combined with Amanruya and maybe even Sveti Stefan.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by BLV
Yes, looks beautiful and I'm thinking of introducing myself to Aman Resorts next year by starting with Amanzoe combined with Amanruya and maybe even Sveti Stefan.
It's interesting that it took Aman to create 3 top notch beach resorts in and around Europe - all three are spectacular, so I would definitely try to fit them all in. It is really hard to choose between them.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:10 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
It's interesting that it took Aman to create 3 top notch beach resorts in and around Europe - all three are spectacular, so I would definitely try to fit them all in. It is really hard to choose between them.
They do look spectacular and I am mostly interested in Amanzoe. Just trying to figure out if it makes sense to do that much flying, even if I am able to dedicate a week to each place. I'm mostly talking about adding a third resort.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by BLV
They do look spectacular and I am mostly interested in Amanzoe. Just trying to figure out if it makes sense to do that much flying, even if I am able to dedicate a week to each place. I'm mostly talking about adding a third resort.
Pretty short flights between the three Amans, especially if you opt to spend a week in each.

Having stayed at all three, I could not, for one minute, try and rate one over the other - they are all so special.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Pretty short flights between the three Amans, especially if you opt to spend a week in each.

Having stayed at all three, I could not, for one minute, try and rate one over the other - they are all so special.
Having visited both Turkey and Greece (I am originally from Greece) I am curious as to how you would compare the service at Amanzoe to Amanruya. Did you feel that Amanzoe was sufficiently staffed?

I just returned from Greece and sadly hotels and restaurants have cut back on staff and it really shows. Poor staff are harried and anxious and customers are frustrated.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:26 am

The only way I can see of flying between any of the resorts is by transitting in IST which makes for long transfer times and would probably take most of a day.
Unless one has a private jet
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

here is an example

zoe > ruya - ATH IST 1005-1125 IST bodrum 1410-1525
ruya > sveti - bodrum IST 0920-1030 IST podgorica 1230-1315

ruya > zoe - bodrum IST 0920-1030 IST ATH 1250-1415
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
We did sveti Stefan to Amanruya this summer and it was easy. Podgorica to Istanbul to bodrum. Yes a change of planes, but it was easy! And what a great vacation! Especially great for those of us not living in Europe and want to take a couple of weeks!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:03 am

I suppose I hadn't thought of it from the point of view of someone not living in Europe in the first place but then again I wouldn't go to say Asia or Africa just to stay at 3 specific hotels with approximately 5 hours flying time between them - and that's not counting the time transferring from and to the resorts. Those early flights probably require a stay near the airport if you don't want to get up of the crack of dawn which I certainly don't like doing on holiday. I tend to choose a destination first then find the best hotels in those areas.
And it would be a great shame not to spend a few days in both Istanbul and Athens to experience the the sights and culture there. I've been to both a few times and certainly would go back again. Not sure what's close to Sveti Stefan - is it possible to go to Dubrovnik from there - very high on my list of places to see that I haven't visited as yet.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the podgorica > IST i saw in star alliance timetable was a later flight than those i listed

quitecontrary, you dont pay for VIP at airport?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by janehoya
Having visited both Turkey and Greece (I am originally from Greece) I am curious as to how you would compare the service at Amanzoe to Amanruya. Did you feel that Amanzoe was sufficiently staffed?

I just returned from Greece and sadly hotels and restaurants have cut back on staff and it really shows. Poor staff are harried and anxious and customers are frustrated.
BUT...this is an Amanresort. There are only 38 pool suites here, with 190 full-time staff - that's 5 per room - but they think they maybe need more. Amanzo'e is not your average Greek hotel. It is in a totally different stratosphere.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
BUT...this is an Amanresort. There are only 38 pool suites here, with 190 full-time staff - that's 5 per room - but they think they maybe need more. Amanzo'e is not your average Greek hotel. It is in a totally different stratosphere.
Thanks for your response. I realize that Aman Resorts are in a class of their own, but knowing Greeks I was worried that they wouldn't be able to pull it off. So glad to hear that so far things are looking good.

Hopefully they will keep it up as we would like to visit next summer.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

only 38 pool suites here, with 190 full-time staff - that's 5 per room - but they think they maybe need more
+ 35 2/4/5BR villas

some were supposed to open with resort, some are under construction
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I suppose I hadn't thought of it from the point of view of someone not living in Europe in the first place but then again I wouldn't go to say Asia or Africa just to stay at 3 specific hotels with approximately 5 hours flying time between them - and that's not counting the time transferring from and to the resorts. Those early flights probably require a stay near the airport if you don't want to get up of the crack of dawn which I certainly don't like doing on holiday. I tend to choose a destination first then find the best hotels in those areas.
And it would be a great shame not to spend a few days in both Istanbul and Athens to experience the the sights and culture there. I've been to both a few times and certainly would go back again. Not sure what's close to Sveti Stefan - is it possible to go to Dubrovnik from there - very high on my list of places to see that I haven't visited as yet.
That's why many here are amanjunkies .... This one Aman after another is like a continous high ....!!

Besides I am sure Aman is working out all the schedules for such transfers.

A friend is at AMANRUYA now and raving about it ...<<envious >>>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.