Wiki Posts
Search

AmanZoe (Greece)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2012, 8:28 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

2013 Rates

Rates for 2013 are now up: http://www.amanresorts.com/amanzoe/rates.aspx

I think we were all expecting rates to go up, so no big surprise there. What I find more surprising is the addition of the 'valley view' pavilion. I thought that this resort was built so that all pavilions had a view of the sea.

I'm not even certain, given the map of the resort that I've seen where these 'valley view' rooms would be located. Can those who have been to the resort comment on how much sea one can actually see from the ‘sea view’ pavilion? I am wondering if the sea view is worth the extra cost, given how far the pavilions seem to be from the sea.

Also, I got a quote for transportation from the airport and was surprised to learn that it is 325Eur, one way. Granted, I know it's a 2.5 hour drive, but 650Eur for round trip transportation seems a bit high. I realize that one does not need to use this service (one can rent a car, take the ferry if it is running or take the 1900Eur one way helicopter ride). Still, from a resort chain that does not generally nickel-and-dime, it does sound like a bit of a money grab (especially compared to the prices that I encountered at Amanruya, which I found to be reasonable).
Old Sep 25, 2012, 8:59 am

From 925 Eur to 1.400 Eur?!
I'm glad we were there this year, this is a sharp increase (+51%)!

I guess what they call valley view is all pavilions from #1 to #13.
I still prefer a sea view (24 to 28 or 34 to 38), it's a matter of personal taste.

Regarding return transfer from & to the airport, 650 Eur is without taxes, it means real price is >700 Eur. We had rented a car because we were not paying for it and it was fun to discover the Greek roads by ourselves, but it is very easy to get lost after Kranidi, even if it's only a few kms away from the resort. So I guess it is still a good choice to take an Aman car (or take a GPS).
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by xracer
Rates for 2013 are now up: http://www.amanresorts.com/amanzoe/rates.aspx

I think we were all expecting rates to go up, so no big surprise there. What I find more surprising is the addition of the 'valley view' pavilion. I thought that this resort was built so that all pavilions had a view of the sea.

I'm not even certain, given the map of the resort that I've seen where these 'valley view' rooms would be located. Can those who have been to the resort comment on how much sea one can actually see from the ‘sea view’ pavilion? I am wondering if the sea view is worth the extra cost, given how far the pavilions seem to be from the sea.

Also, I got a quote for transportation from the airport and was surprised to learn that it is 325Eur, one way. Granted, I know it's a 2.5 hour drive, but 650Eur for round trip transportation seems a bit high. I realize that one does not need to use this service (one can rent a car, take the ferry if it is running or take the 1900Eur one way helicopter ride). Still, from a resort chain that does not generally nickel-and-dime, it does sound like a bit of a money grab (especially compared to the prices that I encountered at Amanruya, which I found to be reasonable).
I don't think sea views are particularly worth the extra, especially as some of the valley view suites have really beautiful views. You cannot see much of the sea from anywhere. For instance, Pavilions 35 & 36, which are very much inland are really good and have 200° views. I also like 10-12, with 11 being especially good as it has a much bigger courtyard.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
To each their own, but these new rates flip our value judgment for this resort. Presumably the other European Amanresorts will follow with similar increases in rates for next year. For us, coming from the western US, it is not worth such a long trip, when one can enjoy stunning Amanresorts (and others) throughout Asia at similar distances and less cost. In any case, I'm glad that these new resorts appear to be doing well!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:48 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I don't think sea views are particularly worth the extra, especially as some of the valley view suites have really beautiful views. You cannot see much of the sea from anywhere. For instance, Pavilions 35 & 36, which are very much inland are really good and have 200° views. I also like 10-12, with 11 being especially good as it has a much bigger courtyard.
Thank you! This is very helpful information and very good to know.

Originally Posted by bubb1
To each their own, but these new rates flip our value judgment for this resort. Presumably the other European Amanresorts will follow with similar increases in rates for next year. For us, coming from the western US, it is not worth such a long trip, when one can enjoy stunning Amanresorts (and others) throughout Asia at similar distances and less cost. In any case, I'm glad that these new resorts appear to be doing well!
Sadly, I am thinking that I have to agree with this. I think that Amanzoe is great for those who are in Europe, but for those of us who are not, it's not that much further to go to the Seychelles or Maldives or even Bali and get a (IMO) better beach experience for a better price.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 1:35 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bubb1
Sadly, I am thinking that I have to agree with this. I think that Amanzoe is great for those who are in Europe, but for those of us who are not, it's not that much further to go to the Seychelles or Maldives or even Bali and get a (IMO) better beach experience for a better price.
I must admit that I was pretty shocked as well about the rate increases. I was expecting maybe €100 increase, and this was really a lot more. I was at Sveti Stefan and at Amanruya the first year after opening, and there were no such increases. Maybe Amanzoe is just so much better, not sure.. We will really think twice before going with such rates. And I live in Europe.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Musken
I must admit that I was pretty shocked as well about the rate increases. I was expecting maybe €100 increase, and this was really a lot more. I was at Sveti Stefan and at Amanruya the first year after opening, and there were no such increases. Maybe Amanzoe is just so much better, not sure.. We will really think twice before going with such rates. And I live in Europe.
+1

Seems to be, for the standart accomodation, the most expensive Aman of the chain... even le Melezin is cheaper ! and Greece is far from being the top luxury destination in Europe, though culturally speaking it's really worth it.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 3:03 pm
BLV

Rates for Pool & Deluxe Pavilion aren't there. When I called them yesterday, I was still told I can't book for August of next year, as "there are no rates".

Are there generally minimum-night stays at Amans? I was thinking of doing 5-7 nights, but if that 900€ rate jumps to 1400€, I highly doubt I'll go for more than 3.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 3:04 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by vincentb89
+1

Seems to be, for the standart accomodation, the most expensive Aman of the chain... even le Melezin is cheaper ! and Greece is far from being the top luxury destination in Europe, though culturally speaking it's really worth it.
I think Amanyara might still be more.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

they might end up extending intro like ruya.
ruya put up and took down 1100/1200 rates. i presume that will be after apr 2013.
IIRC sveti had 2 seasons (summer premium) before changing to 1 season.
i do know i (and others) have posts discussing these and other changes, should incl sveti specifics.
it may have been Pierre&Cedric who first posted about ruya putting up new rates.

is zoe really closing jan 7 > mar 25 ?
forgot >
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
The resort is partially open (not all 38 pavilions were occupied) and it will close in January to reopen by the end of March.

if they sell out at higher rates, occupancy is an irrelevant issue.

besides occupancy, the issue is number of rooms and quality of accommodations.

as well as aman usual lack of seasons.
instead of seasons, sveti stefan and ruya have min stays - basically negligible 3 in jul/aug.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
few amans have seasonal rates >
4 - yara
3 - gani
2 - puri, pulo, bagh, new delhi

wella/galla considering second season?
and i think only puri and bagh are owned by aman
puri may have changed, but i find it hard to believe
ignoring (distant) sea view its +€275.

zoe is the only aman with no service charge.
regardless of preference, comparisons must be nett / all in.
zoe also has low taxes, surprisingly.

base
1518 zoe
[1573-2602 yara]
1674 ruya
1730 ikhas
1870-2050 kora

base pool
1518 zoe
[1521-1759 bagh]
1650-2530 pulo
1674 ruya
1694 dari / kila / nusa
[1840-1959 puri]
1869 sara
2070 giri
2176 jena
[2299-3328 yara]
4531 sveti stefan
and thats in USD.
its a different situation for EUR earners.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 7, 2012 at 8:54 am
Old Sep 27, 2012, 1:00 am

they might end up extending intro like ruya.
ruya put up and took down 1100/1200 rates. i presume that will be after apr 2013.
it may have been Pierre&Cedric who first posted about ruya putting up new rates.
Indeed, I wanted to book Ruya and because of the increase (at that time it was not even indicated on the website but it was told by their reservation center) I prefered to wait and finally ended up with reservation at Zoé.

is zoe really closing jan 7 > mar 25 ?
Yes, at least for 2013.
In the future it shall be a year round destination (when villas will be built and occupied?).
Old Sep 27, 2012, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by Musken
that is one heck of an increase , aman notwithstanding.
amanzoe so much better ...?? by that much ?? !!
i will have to think twice for the reason i think amanresorts is getting ahead of itself here.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Is Zoe a winter destination? I can't imagine it being too attractive of a destination in Jan
Old Sep 29, 2012, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://investing.thisismoney.co.uk/n...cle/id/4453075

this monday / tuesday >

Following the opening of Amanzoe, the Investment Manager is organising a DCI Investor Conference to be held at the resort on 1 and 2 October 2012. This event will be an excellent opportunity for Dolphin's existing and new investors to experience Amanzoe, visit the other components of the Porto Heli Collection, better understand the profit potential of the Dolphin portfolio, spend time with the management and discuss Dolphin's next steps and future objectives.

Construction of three villas is ongoing...eight out of the total 36 lots have been sold.
new pics? http://www.adelto.co.uk/contemporary...villas-greece/

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Mini-bar is comp at Amanzo'e & Amangiri, too
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by damaxer91
Is Zoe a winter destination? I can't imagine it being too attractive of a destination in Jan
I guess it will be better from march/april until october. But indeed from November to February I don't think it will be very busy.
All pavilion pools are still heated, as well as main pool, and one of the two beach club pools.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.