AmanZoe (Greece)

Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Not sure if I'm more nervous or excited for our visit to Amanzoe in a couple of weeks.
Seemed like service was in free fall but now that Ernst is there, I feel a bit more relaxed. But we shall see!
Wouldn't be too afraid. Service was never top notch in my eyes, but Amanzoe is an outstanding resort in Europe.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:32 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by offerendum
Wouldn't be too afraid. Service was never top notch in my eyes, but Amanzoe is an outstanding resort in Europe.
Half joking I'm very used to the new Aman services by now. Haha.
But I like my odds with Ernst's oversight.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Yes , sad to say that Ernst L is no more covering Indonesia but pleased to share that he is at Zoe !!
Off topic but couldnt stop myself from asking if Amankila is without a GM now?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by sandeep.thilakan
Off topic but couldnt stop myself from asking if Amankila is without a GM now?
See other threads discussion - now ex Kyoto GM transferred there
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:12 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
I have wanted to visit Zoe for many years but never made it, now they have basically priced me out during the better months of their season. They are open until 13 November this year and that last week and a half has fairly reasonable pricing. I have never been to Greece in November - Is this a bad idea and will I regret it? I am not going for the beach per say just a relaxing few days by the water with some excursions.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by A4K
I have wanted to visit Zoe for many years but never made it, now they have basically priced me out during the better months of their season. They are open until 13 November this year and that last week and a half has fairly reasonable pricing. I have never been to Greece in November - Is this a bad idea and will I regret it? I am not going for the beach per say just a relaxing few days by the water with some excursions.
In the past I was told not to go in October. I was there second half of October (until the 20th if I remember correctly) and it was great. Weather was very nice (around 25 degree with full sun - nearly too hot for GF) and ocean still swimable. I wouldn't be afraid going first half of November..
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

October is beautiful. But the weather can be iffy some days. Definitely sweater weather in the evening/early morning. November can be a bit dicey I would think. I am surprised they are open so late in the season. Most seasonal hotels close by the 3rd week of October. My one caveat.....I am not a fan of end of the season hotel stays....staff is burnt out, property looks abused, etc. Prices are lower though.
janehoya likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by david55
October is beautiful. But the weather can be iffy some days. Definitely sweater weather in the evening/early morning. November can be a bit dicey I would think. I am surprised they are open so late in the season. Most seasonal hotels close by the 3rd week of October. My one caveat.....I am not a fan of end of the season hotel stays....staff is burnt out, property looks abused, etc. Prices are lower though.
I talked with the GM about it during my stay. He told me they extended the season as they are still fully booked these times ans weather is still good. Can't say staff was burnt out in any way. Frankly I would not stay during high season as it is too hot and so I pay for something I think is a disadvantage.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 11:56 am
formerly vienna-resident

Originally Posted by offerendum
In the past I was told not to go in October. I was there second half of October (until the 20th if I remember correctly) and it was great. Weather was very nice (around 25 degree with full sun - nearly too hot for GF) and ocean still swimable. I wouldn't be afraid going first half of November..
I too was there in the second half of October. Arrived on October 18, and while the days were warm and balmy, the nights started to get really chilly once the sun was down, and we ended up having dinner inside every evening. Same for breakfast, pleasant directly in the sun, but too cold in the shadow. I think anything later than October 25 is is really taking a chance.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by livefromtuscany
I too was there in the second half of October. Arrived on October 18, and while the days were warm and balmy, the nights started to get really chilly once the sun was down, and we ended up having dinner inside every evening. Same for breakfast, pleasant directly in the sun, but too cold in the shadow. I think anything later than October 25 is is really taking a chance.
I think we were there the same time but didn't meet. It's right it was not really warm at night and I remember we mostly ate inside. I also remember when I stayed at the FS earlier this trip that I asked to move inside during a dinner.

To be fair I asked some staff how weather would be in December and she told me it would be mostly the same. Same I was told in Marbella btw.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:12 am

Its funny how different everyones tastes are. In contrast if given the choice between early or late season off peak, I like the fact that for end of season stays things can often work like a well-oiled machine! I am not a fan of stays early in the season when seasonal staff are still finding their feet, things take longer to come, staff dont know the services the hotel offers and menus inside out, etc.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Hello, some questions about this resort. Is April a good time to visit? And is the view facing the valley better than facing the sea?
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Is April a good time to visit?
We have made a dozen or so trips to Greece in the last couple decades to either Crete or the Peloponnese. We always go mid April. The weather is pleasant, can be cool in the evenings, with a few days of rain or sprinkles. When it is overcast and the sun is not shining it feels a lot cooler. Iffy swimming weather. What makes it worth it....the wildflowers. Stunningly beautiful. And very few tourists.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:38 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
We have made a dozen or so trips to Greece in the last couple decades to either Crete or the Peloponnese. We always go mid April. The weather is pleasant, can be cool in the evenings, with a few days of rain or sprinkles. When it is overcast and the sun is not shining it feels a lot cooler. Iffy swimming weather. What makes it worth it....the wildflowers. Stunningly beautiful. And very few tourists.
Originally Posted by BENLEE
Hello, some questions about this resort. Is April a good time to visit? And is the view facing the valley better than facing the sea?
That was our intention in 2020 .. Paul L had told us that Zoe is awash with lavender then ( & the wildflowers ) .. we might only make it in ‘ 23 more likely May though & not April
The views are generally spectacular whichever direction
obscure2k likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
That was our intention in 2020 .. Paul L had told us that Zoe is awash with lavender then ( & the wildflowers ) .. we might only make it in 23 more likely May though & not April
The views are generally spectacular whichever direction
Many thanks for the reply. I dislike crowds so looks like April is a great time to visit. Any recommendation for activities by the way?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.