Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

What hotels do you stay at? (Survey participation request)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Hi Guys,

My name is Jeff, and I'm a commerce student from Canada. I'm doing a research paper on how great hotels stay great. I don't want to be "that guy" who shamelessly uses a forum to get survey results, but I really need input from travelers!!!

This survey will take 3-4 minutes, and in return, you have the chance to win a Starbucks Gift Card!!! Please help a fellow hotel-lover out????

http://queensbusiness.qualtrics.com/...Samdt3KFeLEyKV

Last edited by RichardInSF; Feb 26, 2013 at 10:25 am Reason: edit title to make intent more clear
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Jeff Fenton
Hi Guys,

My name is Jeff, and I'm a commerce student from Canada. I'm doing a research paper on how great hotels stay great. I don't want to be "that guy" who shamelessly uses a forum to get survey results, but I really need input from travelers!!!

This survey will take 3-4 minutes, and in return, you have the chance to win a Starbucks Gift Card!!! Please help a fellow hotel-lover out????

http://queensbusiness.qualtrics.com/...Samdt3KFeLEyKV
A Starbucks Gift Card? Are you serious?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:02 am

you have the chance to win a Starbucks Gift Card!!!

Survey completed

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Feb 27, 2013 at 6:39 am
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Welcome to FlyerTalk Jeff. Happy to have students looking into hotel experiences and adding to the thinking about what keeps us FT luxury forum folks happy.

And come on guys/gals... OK you don't need a Starbucks gift card, but he is a student [presumably] and if you don't have 5 minutes, don't bother, but let's not expect him to offer a night at the George V for our input .

It took a few minutes, but I was a grad student once myself and this is one of the ways that knowledge moves forward.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:08 am
Aman Contributor Badge

I have answered as well. It took very little time, and the survey was better than many others I have seen posted here by students. If you do not want a gift card, just do not leave your email address.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good luck in your studies- response completed.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:08 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Good luck in your studies- response completed.
I did it too - without the Starbucks gift card (I prefer real coffee). The questionaire is quite good.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Grad studies in luxury hotels? Sure beats the years I spent researching steel pipes ... Best of luck with your research!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:48 am

ESSEC business school in France offers a special MBA dedicated to luxury hospitality!
Survey completed!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:18 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Pretty well thought through.
Completed
All the best.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Done; good luck!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
ESSEC business school in France offers a special MBA dedicated to luxury hospitality!
Survey completed!
Ah, if only I had known. Sounds way more fun than medical school .
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:30 am
Original Poster

To those who have filled it out, thank you so much! I just read these messages this morning and have a smile on my face. I'm trying to get to the bottom of "what makes great hotels stay great" - looking at everything from how we book, to the amenities we receive, to the expectation we bring from other industries. This survey is another piece of info as to what travelers value. I sincerely appreciate you all taking the time to fill this out - it's helping me a lot!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
I filled it out, you may want to note that most of us here are getting free internet at hotels with our status.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:54 am

I'm trying to get to the bottom of "what makes great hotels stay great" - looking at everything from how we book, to the amenities we receive, to the expectation we bring from other industries.
Top on my list is not being nickled and dimed for everything I need that is more or less basic. If I am paying several hundred dollars for a hotel room, don't charge me $15 for internet, $15 for the gym and $5 for the bottle of water left conspicuously out (but whose "fee" I had to hunt for).

Fine to charge me for movies, or real specialty items, but I consider the internet to be the equivalent of lights and a shower these days. Who does not need/use the internet in the course of a hotel stay?? And don't make me jump through too many hoops to sign on. The annoyance factor is more of a deterrent than an extra $10 at booking would be (although at the rates of most luxury hotels, there should be some padding to cover this!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.