travelling to Dubai

Hi all ,

I am planning for a trip to Dubai any ideas about luxury hotels with good

bars and restaurants ?

-its preferred to have access to Spa in the hotel

Cheers
Old May 23, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: United Hotcake Preferred
Have you tried the search function yet? There are many threads about hotels in Dubai. It's a pretty hotly debated topic.
Old May 25, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by KennethS
Hi all ,

bars and restaurants ?

Cheers
Welcome to Flyertalk.

I can recommend Jumeirah Emirates Tower hotel, ranked by some as the best business hotel in the Middle East.

Braniff
Old May 25, 2012, 7:05 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, KennethS. Here is one thread which may be helpful:
I also suggest looking at the "Search This Forum" on the right hand top of the page and entering "Dubai". There are many threads on Dubai, which will definitely be valuable.
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels
Old May 27, 2012, 9:11 am

Travelling to Dubai

Hello,

In Dubai there are lots of luxury hotels most of them have bars & spa I have been looking on line & found Taj hotels, Kempinski and Millennium plaza although you can find good deals for online reservation like rihlaprime and Dubai hotels , you can find good restaurants at mall of Arabia

Cheers
Old May 28, 2012, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by KennethS
Hi all ,

bars and restaurants ?

Cheers
Best Spa (Talise) and greatest choice of bars & restaurants (around 40 in the complex & souk) are at Madinat Jumeirah.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:21 am

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried The Address hotels in Dubai?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried The Address hotels in Dubai?
I was there in May at The Address Downtown. Had the Premium Fountain View room (or Premiere, or whatever it is).

Location is fantastic, and loved our views of the fountains/Burj. Easy access to the Mall of Dubai (or is it Emirates?) by a short walkway.

Room was solid, with a comfortable bed and nicely sized bathroom (large shower). Has one of the Nespresso machines inside, which I always like to see. WiFi is complimentary, but VERY weak -- I felt like I always had to sit in a certain spot to have any hope of getting a signal.

Our check-in experience was an absolute nightmare -- kept waiting for ~ 30 mins, and then the check-in itself was rather chaotic. In general service is not on par with more typical luxury properties, though (aside from check-in) I did find everyone to be very pleasant.

We were only there for, I think, 3 nights. Overall I'd say it's solid, but not spectacular. Go in with lower expectations to avoid disappointment. Don't hope for much in the way of smooth/polished service -- certainly nothing like Aman/4S.

(p.s. - we did not try any restaurant, room service, concierge, or the pool/spa).
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Best Spa (Talise) and greatest choice of bars & restaurants (around 40 in the complex & souk) are at Madinat Jumeirah.
+1. Fabulous hotel and grounds, and I highly recommend Pierchic for a unique, romantic dining experience. The restaurant is literally on a pier a few hundreds yards into the Persian Gulf. Unfortunately, I was there with a cranky, aging road-warrior work colleague, but we both thought it would be an exceptional place to bring the wives.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA, Club Carlson Gold
I usually stay at the Burj. Some people think its a bit OTT but I love it.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Any hotel in the Jumeirah group.

Have a look at the Summer Flavours packages as they include complimentary 1/2 board which can save you a great deal, the rates are pretty much the same as bed and breakfast but you get to eat at a choice of 37 different restaurants which are all pretty decent.

https://www.jumeirah.com/en/Sirius/O...mmer-Flavours/
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
One and Only Royal Mirage - Spa and Residences - amazing service and an oasis. Also stayed in the Madinat Jumeirah complex specifically at Dar Al Masyaf, can't say it was amazing. Had a spa session and dinner at the Burj and must say that I would stay there the next time.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:45 am

Hi Kenneth -

I think it depends on the type of experience you are after. Are you there on leisure travel or for work? It sounds like if you want a spa and city experience then perhaps the Armani in the Burj Khalifa would be a good fit. If you want more of a resort experience then the One and Only Royal Mirage would be better. If you have time to make it out of Dubai I'd highly recommend Al Maha. This is a completely different experience and is desert focused, individual accommodations, etc. They also have a spa. I would recommend booking through a Virtuoso travel advisor to have the best rooms allocated to you and to receive Virtuoso amenities at all of these properties.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.