Search

Oberoi Exotic Vacations?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:43 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Oberoi Exotic Vacations?

Anyone ever done this plan?
Looking perhaps for October, it's going to run me about 360,000 INR for 12 nights...

in Delhi will run 20,500 INR a night (2 nights)= 41,000 INR

at Amarvillas it'll be 38,500 INR a night (3 nights)=115,500 INR

at Vanyavilas it'll be 36,500 INR a night (4 nights)=146,000 INR

at Udaivilas it'll be 30,500 INR a night (3 nights)= 91,500 INR

Total of 393,00 INR for the trip.. so the exotic vacations would save me about 10%.. well maybe more because I think the 360K figure is inclusive of taxes. Plus it allows for a suite upgrade at one hotel (maybe Amarvillas?)... what do y'all think about the prices and/or the days in each location? Or should do a mix of an itinerary that includes the Amans?

FDW

Oops forgot about Rajivillias... Might have to can anytime in Dehli...

http://www.oberoihotels.com/india/ex...Summer%20Offer

Last edited by FlyingDoctorwu; Apr 10, 2012 at 9:30 am
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:51 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Looking perhaps for October, it's going to run me about 360,000 INR for 12 nights...

its a good package... they used to demand nights in Delhi or Mumbai in order to secure the pricing. I see that is no more the case, but for you specifically the travel dates are until 30 September. In the past, i have seen it extended, but don't know what will happen for 2012
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:40 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ABG
its a good package... they used to demand nights in Delhi or Mumbai in order to secure the pricing. I see that is no more the case, but for you specifically the travel dates are until 30 September. In the past, i have seen it extended, but don't know what will happen for 2012
I've contacted them.. it's 360K for October, but requires 2 nights in one of the city hotels.. without the city hotel requirements its 402K.

anyone know if this offer is combinable with Virtuoso benefits? One nice thing is that it's inclusive of tax, which can stretch to 15% I believe....

FDW
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:21 am

Send me a private message if you have further questions on properties and/or number of days at these locations. I've stayed at pretty much all of them.

Delhi - Aman New Delhi is by far the best hotel, 2 days is OK considering the length of your trip

Amarvilas - must do because of the Taj Mahal, 2 days is usually enough but if you want a little leisure time AND to cover the other important historical sites, 3 days is needed

Vanyavilas - 3 nights is plenty unless you really like safaris/animals. 2 nights was sufficient for me

Udaivilas - gorgeous property, 3 nights good.

Re: including the Amans - I prefer Vanyavilas to Aman-e-khas in Ranthambhore. Amanbagh, on the other hand, is fabulous and my favorite resort in India. This is, however, a very personal choice and many others prefer the Vilases because they're more representative of Indian art and design.

One thing you could consider is including one of the Rajasthan palaces in your journey (Umaid Bhawan, Rambagh, Lake Palace). Truly outstanding properties with a real historical feel. If you're going to include Jaipur, I'd say stay at Rambagh instead of Rajvilas for variety.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 6:05 am
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Thanks for the info...
I think that if we end up going to India, we have to go the Oberoi route, mainly because if we do something else, it'll blow the budget (I am a budget traveler to be honest...).. I want to keep the hotels total to about 8K for a 12 night trip, which the Oberoi package helps facilitate....

anyone ever heard about this travel agent:
http://www.agoldentriangletours.com/...urs/index.html...

I'm not sure what their prices are for October, but was thinking of contacting them for more info...

thanks
FDW
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by rjhunjhu
Send me a private message if you have further questions on properties and/or number of days at these locations. I've stayed at pretty much all of them.

Delhi - Aman New Delhi is by far the best hotel, 2 days is OK considering the length of your trip

Amarvilas - must do because of the Taj Mahal, 2 days is usually enough but if you want a little leisure time AND to cover the other important historical sites, 3 days is needed

Vanyavilas - 3 nights is plenty unless you really like safaris/animals. 2 nights was sufficient for me

Udaivilas - gorgeous property, 3 nights good.

Re: including the Amans - I prefer Vanyavilas to Aman-e-khas in Ranthambhore. Amanbagh, on the other hand, is fabulous and my favorite resort in India. This is, however, a very personal choice and many others prefer the Vilases because they're more representative of Indian art and design.

One thing you could consider is including one of the Rajasthan palaces in your journey (Umaid Bhawan, Rambagh, Lake Palace). Truly outstanding properties with a real historical feel. If you're going to include Jaipur, I'd say stay at Rambagh instead of Rajvilas for variety.
I second everything rjhunjhu says here - spot on!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 3:06 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I've contacted them.. it's 360K for October, but requires 2 nights in one of the city hotels.. without the city hotel requirements its 402K
Thanks for the tip.... time to rebook!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I am going on my 3rd Oberoi Exotic Vacation this summer... to Rajvilas, Vanyavilas, & Delhi. I've been to them all except the Guragon one and they are fantastic. They rival the four seasons I think for best hotels in the world.

I am only staying 8 nights, though, and they more than willingly gave me the suite upgrade at two locations after I asked...but I am going in the very very hot month of may.

Let me know if you have any questions

PS I posted a photo trip report in 2009
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...ore-delhi.html

Bob
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:54 pm

in Delhi will run 20,500 INR a night (2 nights)= 41,000 INR

at Amarvillas it'll be 38,500 INR a night (3 nights)=115,500 INR

at Vanyavilas it'll be 36,500 INR a night (4 nights)=146,000 INR

at Udaivilas it'll be 30,500 INR a night (3 nights)= 91,500 INR

Total of 393,00 INR for the trip.. so the exotic vacations would save me about 10%.. well maybe more because I think the 360K figure is inclusive of taxes. Plus it allows for a suite upgrade at one hotel (maybe Amarvillas?)... what do y'all think about the prices and/or the days in each location? Or should do a mix of an itinerary that includes the Amans?

FDW

Oops forgot about Rajivillias... Might have to can anytime in Dehli...

I think Jetsetter had a similar package for 2-3k USD. It was posted in the daily hotel deals thread. Search for it. I think it worked out to $200-250 a night.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know if this stacks with Virtuoso? I am thinking of doing 12 nghts in August if anyone has a suggested itinerary.
Also has anyone been successful in upgrading some properties to club llevel and if so what was the cost?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Does anyone know if this stacks with Virtuoso? I am thinking of doing 12 nghts in August if anyone has a suggested itinerary.
Also has anyone been successful in upgrading some properties to club llevel and if so what was the cost?
I am sure you have thought of this, but August? Wont the weather be slightly unbearable?

I say that because we got back a few weeks ago, and found the last two weeks of May to be pretty got in the Delhi/Rajasthan area. It peaked at about 42 or 43 during the day, and that was about our limit. It really meant mid-day siestas by the pool were mandatory. But August will be that or hotter plus very humid, no?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ridefar
I am sure you have thought of this, but August? Wont the weather be slightly unbearable?

I say that because we got back a few weeks ago, and found the last two weeks of May to be pretty got in the Delhi/Rajasthan area. It peaked at about 42 or 43 during the day, and that was about our limit. It really meant mid-day siestas by the pool were mandatory. But August will be that or hotter plus very humid, no?
Planning mid-day siestas by the pool.

I know the weather is far from perfect- however I have been many times to India for work and never for vacation- unfortunately for timing it is August or nothing this year- so August it is. Lots of time by the pool, taking it easy- not looking for a massive see every sight extravaganza but rather a few great places and a lot of downtime.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:16 pm

Planning mid-day siestas by the pool.

I know the weather is far from perfect- however I have been many times to India for work and never for vacation- unfortunately for timing it is August or nothing this year- so August it is. Lots of time by the pool, taking it easy- not looking for a massive see every sight extravaganza but rather a few great places and a lot of downtime.
August is better than May and June in terms of heat, but it is VERY wet in Rajasthan during that month, so not ideal for a resort that is spread out and relies on walking outside the whole time to get from one venue to another.

The Oberoi Udaivilas in Udaipur is a great place to unwind, though, even when it rains. I would get, at the very least, one of the Superior Deluxe rooms that shares a huge lake-like infinity-edge pool, or maybe go for something grander given that the rates are lower, I think, at this time of year.

Do you want to move about? If so, and you want to stick with Oberoi, then Rajvilas Jaipur is another relaxing option. Not sure I would want one of the tents though, during monsoon!
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
August is better than May and June in terms of heat, but it is VERY wet in Rajasthan during that month, so not ideal for a resort that is spread out and relies on walking outside the whole time to get from one venue to another.

The Oberoi Udaivilas in Udaipur is a great place to unwind, though, even when it rains. I would get, at the very least, one of the Superior Deluxe rooms that shares a huge lake-like infinity-edge pool, or maybe go for something grander given that the rates are lower, I think, at this time of year.

Do you want to move about? If so, and you want to stick with Oberoi, then Rajvilas Jaipur is another relaxing option. Not sure I would want one of the tents though, during monsoon!
Thanks for the answer!

Yes I want to move about- and have the timeframe from 01AUG-24AUG. I know you are the resident real expert of India- so if you have any suggestions here or by PM as you prefer I really appreciate it. Hotel Budget for the time frame is 8K EUR maximum. Flying in and out of DEL (this is the only thing in the whole itinerary which cannot change).
I am thinking on arrival at DEL (very late LX flight from ZRH) to get a driver and go directly to Agra. I am also travelling with my partner and it is her very first trip to India in her life.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:14 am

Thanks for the answer!

Yes I want to move about- and have the timeframe from 01AUG-24AUG. I know you are the resident real expert of India- so if you have any suggestions here or by PM as you prefer I really appreciate it. Hotel Budget for the time frame is 8K EUR maximum. Flying in and out of DEL (this is the only thing in the whole itinerary which cannot change).
I am thinking on arrival at DEL (very late LX flight from ZRH) to get a driver and go directly to Agra. I am also travelling with my partner and it is her very first trip to India in her life.
Do NOT drive directly to Agra at that time of night as that road can be very hazardous then (it's not great during daylight either!). Please stay a couple of nights in Delhi - maybe at Aman Delhi (great Spa) or Club Floor of Taj Palace (near to the airport), then take the Shatabdi Express train to Agra, which, for someone like me who does not like trains, is a must-do (First Class, obviously). I suspect that this will go down much better with your partner than getting off a plane and into a car and down the Agra dual carriageway without pause!!

Given you have a fair amount of time, I would definitely go to Amanbagh, maybe after Jaipur, as you can be driven from, say, Rajvilas, to Amanbagh quite easily.

Don't go to too many places - enjoy a few well and take time to use the spas and let your partner acquaint herself with Indian cuisine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.