Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hôtel de Crillon will close 24 months for major renovation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Exclamation The Hôtel de Crillon will close 24 months for major renovation

After the Ritz, closed for 23 months since Tuesday, the Hôtel de Crillon announced it would close its doors on 1st November during 24 months.

The renovated palace, property since last year of a member of the Saudi royal family, will have a spa.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
After the Ritz, closed for 23 months since Tuesday, the Hôtel de Crillon announced it would close its doors on 1st November during 24 months.

The renovated palace, property since last year of a member of the Saudi royal family, will have a spa.
Is it still planned for the hotel to be managed by the Kempinski group post reno ?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
It will be wonderful to have both a renovated Ritz and Crillon. I hope the renovations stay true to the characters if the hotels.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:59 pm

Not sure I care. The Crillon could only do well in Paris if it had a good management company running it. There are plenty of very good Palace hotels in Paris these days, with much higher standards. Refurbishment is just the beginning. I am much more concerned about the levels of service, both at the Ritz and the Crillon. Neither of them has impressed me for some years now.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I am much more concerned about the levels of service, both at the Ritz and the Crillon. Neither of them has impressed me for some years now.
I was recently invited at the dinner of the Comité Vendôme at the Ritz, and was on the contrary very impressed by the quality of service of the hotel, truly attentive.

It was all the more touching than the staff would be fired during the renovation (not the case at de Crillon).
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I was recently invited at the dinner of the Comité Vendôme at the Ritz, and was on the contrary very impressed by the quality of service of the hotel, truly attentive.

It was all the more touching than the staff would be fired during the renovation (not the case at de Crillon).
Having a dinner at the Ritz does not equate to staying there, nicolas, but yes I agree it is terrible that they have fired all the staff there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.