Alila Uluwatu & Alila Soori Resorts Bali

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub

I tried to search this forum but there are few posts on these two resorts. Anyone here tried them before? Appreciate some feedback.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BENLEE
few posts on these two resorts. Anyone here tried them before?
yes.. from your post, not sure if you found the posts by posters who stayed, at least at soori. i asked at least one of them some questions.

i also heard a positive soori report from a regular who did not post. as it was a PM, that is all i will say.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 17, 2012 at 9:00 pm
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
If you are going to Bali, try to get away from just those two resorts. They are both special but you will miss the culture that makes the island unique.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Edwardvan
If you are going to Bali, try to get away from just those two resorts. They are both special but you will miss the culture that makes the island unique.
If you are going to Bali, try at least to go to Alila Soori (I didn't stay at Alila Uluwatu yet, so i cannot comment on that). Alila Soori a very good resort with brillant modern design instead of the fake-pseudo-Balinese design of much other resorts.

The absolutely black fine lava sand beach is absolutely unique, so is the little temple next to the resort, where you can sometimes see dozens of villagers going to and praying. The view of the Vulcanos behind the rice fields is absolutely romantic. Food is excellent, and the value is, especially compared to Four Seasons and Bulgari, very good.

Do go there!
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by Edwardvan
I think one can experience the local culture during daytime trips to historic sites or outdoor activities. Not all resorts must adhere to the traditional Balinese style. I kind of welcome the trend of contemporary hotel designs coming to Bali since it adds variety and choice, which is a plus for me since it's geographically closest for me to have short vacations.

Originally Posted by deer
If you are going to Bali, try at least to go to Alila Soori (I didn't stay at Alila Uluwatu yet, so i cannot comment on that). Alila Soori a very good resort with brillant modern design instead of the fake-pseudo-Balinese design of much other resorts.

The absolutely black fine lava sand beach is absolutely unique, so is the little temple next to the resort, where you can sometimes see dozens of villagers going to and praying. The view of the Vulcanos behind the rice fields is absolutely romantic. Food is excellent, and the value is, especially compared to Four Seasons and Bulgari, very good.

Do go there!
I think I will try both... trying to fit the time. Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by BENLEE
I tried to search this forum but there are few posts on these two resorts. Anyone here tried them before? Appreciate some feedback.
I have been to Alila Ulawatu both in October 2010 and October 2011. We had a wonderful stay on both occasions.
I have also stayed at the Banyan Tree in Ungasan, the Villas at the Legian in Seminyak and Club 151 villas in Seminyak and would say that Alila Uluwatu is the best ^
Old Feb 19, 2012, 7:54 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Do go there!
Concur with all of the points above. We had a great time at Alila Soori. In addition, service was outstanding.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by xracer
Concur with all of the points above. We had a great time at Alila Soori. In addition, service was outstanding.
+1 from me. An excellent, well-built modern property. What an excellent breakfast i.e. Very stylish design with great substance. And from last October's experience, it can stand a 6.0 earthquake without any damage...

Aside from the Amans it has become my preferred property on the island for great relaxation. I just cannot stand the buzz and horrendous traffic of the southern part of Bali anymore.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by ngfan
.....I just cannot stand the buzz and horrendous traffic of the southern part of Bali anymore.
Stayed in southern Bali Christmas week (2011). Loved the trip, but every evening, dinner ended up being a 3-hour adventure (1 hour drive to a restaurant, an hour or so to eat, and another hour home). Wish there was some way the govt could expand road capacity or do something else to ease the evening traffic. Worst part of the trip, by far. Still though, it was Bali, and the food was generally very good.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:29 pm

first i have to say thank you for all the great recommendations on flyertalk, i was reading already for a while.

we are planing our first time bali visit for the end of april and begin of may.

we wanna stay in both alila uluwati and soori.

does anyone has advices for getting a good rate, some booking engines or deals at this hotels? should we book via a tavell agent?

thanks in advance!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:38 am

Hi guys!

I'll staying for 3 nights at Alila Uluwatu next month.
It will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Bali.

Any recommended activities at Alila? (or Bali?)
I was thinking of probably a spa session, or a cooking class....
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Nivek
Hi guys!

I'll staying for 3 nights at Alila Uluwatu next month.
It will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Bali.

Any recommended activities at Alila? (or Bali?)
I was thinking of probably a spa session, or a cooking class....
At Soori i.e. horseback riding along the black sand beach, spa treatments, Segway tours through surrounding rice fields,...
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:47 am

To continue the discussion from here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22189763-post945.html

I found this write-up about the butler service levels and decent info on the different villas to go for at Uluwatu: http://www.destinasian.com/countries...u-how-to-stay/

BTW: The reservation confirmation from Soori shows a link to my guest portfolio. Following the link I can enter all my needs for the upcoming stay incl. level of butler service. The portfolio looks different in style than the old one: http://www.ppm.alilahotels.com/soori but comes with the same preferences requests.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

impressive comments in this thread >

+1 from me. An excellent, well-built modern property. What an excellent breakfast i.e. Very stylish design with great substance.

Aside from the Amans it has become my preferred property on the island
Alila Soori a very good resort with brillant modern design

Food is excellent, and the value is, especially compared to Four Seasons and Bulgari, very good.

Do go there!
Originally Posted by xracer
other threads >

Originally Posted by Ozchinois
I have stayed at all 3 chains and I think if you stayed at Alila Uluwatu and opted for the most indulgent service, IMHO it can easily compare with GHM and Aman.
Originally Posted by Ozchinois
If you choose Alila you must opt for the indulgent/pampering service as opposed to discreet. I stayed at both Soori and Uluwatu and the service was chalk and cheese. The Uluwatu PR lady chatted to me and decided that pampering was for me and the service was simply amazing. In Soori my butler was quite invisible.
To continue the discussion from here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22189763-post945.html
food >

8 deerpoints: 1 Michelin star creativity & quality
7 deerpoints: highly creative food with spices you never tasted before
6 deerpoints: creative food with some real unique dishes
5 deerpoints: very good luxury-hotel food with real local spices

6 deerpoints - Alila Villas Soori / Como Shambala Estate
4 deerpoints - Amankila / Amandari
3 deerpoints - Amanusa / Amanwana
2 deerpoints - FS Jimbaran / FS Sayan
6 deerpoints - Alila Soori / glow at Como Shambala Estate
5 deerpoints - Italian Restaurant at Amanusa / Amandari / The Balé
4 deerpoints - Kayumanis Jimbaran / Kayumanis Ubud
Originally Posted by Groombridge
5 deerpoints - Amanusa / Amanwana
4 deerpoints - Amankila
3 deerpoints - Amandari
I found this write-up about the butler service levels and decent info on the different villas to go for at Uluwatu: destinasian.com/countries/east-southeast-asia/indonesia/alila-villas-uluwatu-how-to-stay/
really great level of detail there especially re room numbers, thanks ngfan

Nivek's report with lots of photos > http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...watu-bali.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 14, 2017 at 11:57 am
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Have stayed at both Uluwatu and Soori a few times over the past 1-2 years. Both are exceptional resorts, and the service level is off the charts. Considering that Alila was founded by ex-Aman folks, this is not a surprise.

My favourite two resorts on Bali, without question. Uluwatu is architecturally stunning and very peaceful, whilst Soori has a dramatic beach and beautiful sunsets.

I believe Alila can put together a package to stay at both resorts, so I would recommend reaching out to them for inquiries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.