Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Atlanta or Buckhead: No Bvlgari toiletries ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

Hi, I am just curious if this two properties no longer use Bvlgari toiletries ?

I am planning to go to Atlanta soon, also for the Marriott Megamiles promotion, I wouldn't mind to pay more for RC just to stock up some Bvlgari toiletries (yes I am a toiletries hoarder). But it seems like from reports and photos on tripadvisor, both propertries are using RC brand toiltries instead of Bvlgari.

Anyone have any recent experience regarding to these two properties ? If it is not Bvlgari I would certainly skip it.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Hi, I am just curious if this two properties no longer use Bvlgari toiletries ?

I am planning to go to Atlanta soon, also for the Marriott Megamiles promotion, I wouldn't mind to pay more for RC just to stock up some Bvlgari toiletries (yes I am a toiletries hoarder). But it seems like from reports and photos on tripadvisor, both propertries are using RC brand toiltries instead of Bvlgari.

Anyone have any recent experience regarding to these two properties ? If it is not Bvlgari I would certainly skip it.
All Ritz's havethem. Some of the lower-end properties have only been putting them in their suites, or even just the select suites. At the Cleveland Ritz, which doesn't stock them in any room or suite, they magically made three sets appear in my bathroom without me even asking.

So, you can certainly get them, but you'll have to ask and you may not get several extra sets for home use.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nba1017

So, you can certainly get them, but you'll have to ask and you may not get several extra sets for home use.
I see, I was planning to do just like I did in RC SF, hide the set before the turn down refill, then when I see the maid cart, give a big tip to the maid to get as many as I want.

Seems like I can't do it if I stay there.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
I hate they they have taken away Bulgari products.

I have asked, and have received a small amount, making me feel like a thief or something.

It's my biggest complaint about the Ritz. They should just put them back already. I'd happily pay a $10 a day Bulgari fee if that's what it takes.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
I hate they they have taken away Bulgari products.

I have asked, and have received a small amount, making me feel like a thief or something.

It's my biggest complaint about the Ritz. They should just put them back already. I'd happily pay a $10 a day Bulgari fee if that's what it takes.
Which one you asked ? Atlanta or Buckhead ? Cause I just called them the RC Atlanta they said they don't have it at all (no wonder they charge $30 less than Buckhead for the lowest rate), but RC Buckhead they told me they had Bvlgari on request.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Visa Signature, SPG Gold
Both RC locations in Atlanta are sub par. I recommend the Mansion on Peachtree or St. Regis. Neither solves your desire for Bvlgari toiletries, but they are excellent hotels with top notch service to boot.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold
I am paying an astonishingly low rate for the downtown RC in March. It is so cheap I hope I get soap, but I was there 2 years ago, after a renovation, and the room was fine. Is there a better choice a safe walking distance from Phillips Arena?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Visa Signature, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Fontaine
I am paying an astonishingly low rate for the downtown RC in March. It is so cheap I hope I get soap, but I was there 2 years ago, after a renovation, and the room was fine. Is there a better choice a safe walking distance from Phillips Arena?
Well, if you've secured an unbeatable rate, then you probably just want to stick with the Ritz. I just wouldn't pay typical RC prices to stay there.

If I had to make another recommendation based on your criteria it would the Ellis Hotel.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 2:48 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Are the toiletries photographed here the Bvlgari or Neutrogena toiletries? Or impossible to tell from the bottle?

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...ed_Alternative

These look like the same ones that were provided at the Ritzes in Philadelphia and Berlin, but no brand was identified on the bottle.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 6:30 pm

Ive been told that ALL Ritz properties have both, and that they are using RC amenities until they don't have anymore. That leads me to believe that you will receive Bvlgari upon request...if not automatically
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:49 pm
In memoriam

Heck - you could stay in a Holiday Inn Express and buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/Bvlgari-vert-G...s=bulgari+soap

Note that Bvlgari green tea is the stuff I use in the summer - and I've been buying from Shopfriend for years. Robyn
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I am planning to go to Atlanta soon, also for the Marriott Megamiles promotion, I wouldn't mind to pay more for RC just to stock up some Bvlgari toiletries (yes I am a toiletries hoarder).
I presume this is what we call the power of marketing
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Just stayed at the Phoenix property club level and Bulgari was in the room, and was replenished without asking.

2 weeks ago was at Orlando in a regular room, and no Bulgari, however I asked, and when I came back from dinner a small shopping bag was on my door filled with Bulgari.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 1:29 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I am currently at the Ritz-Carlton Atlanta (Downtown). I was originally assigned a standard room and the no-brand Ritz-Carlton amenities were in the room. However, due to major noise concerns, to keep me from early departure, they moved me to a suite which has the Bvlgari toiletries. So the Downtown location has the Bvlgari line, for the suites at least...
Old Dec 24, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
I am currently at the Ritz-Carlton Atlanta (Downtown). I was originally assigned a standard room and the no-brand Ritz-Carlton amenities were in the room. However, due to major noise concerns, to keep me from early departure, they moved me to a suite which has the Bvlgari toiletries. So the Downtown location has the Bvlgari line, for the suites at least...
It would be a smart choice for RC to carry Bulgari toiletries throughout their chain to cross promote their partner Bulgari hotel brand. It amazes me that FS uses Bulgari in many of its hotels, even the hotels in cities where Bulgari has a hotel. Long term I hope that Bulgari switches (or introduces) to a more natural/organic product and I hope the major chains adopt it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.