Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels In New York

Luxury Hotels In New York

Old Nov 16, 12, 7:54 am
  #61  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
Has anyone stayed at The Chatwal? I have a reservation there next week. I picked it over the Setai.
surftb15 is offline  
Old Nov 16, 12, 8:01 am
  #62  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,161
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
Has anyone stayed at The Chatwal? I have a reservation there next week. I picked it over the Setai.
There is a Master Thread about it over on the SPG page:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Old Nov 17, 12, 10:00 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
Thanks. I have it booked for a 1br suite. I may keep the reservation, but I just realized the Setai has suite nights - Buy 1, get 1 if you will.
surftb15 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 12, 12:27 am
  #64  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BKK
Posts: 6,706
The Peninsula is running Suite Life again, and this time the offer includes breakfast. I think this is one of the best values in the city.

Executive suite $2200 (Effectively $1100 per night)
Deluxe suite $3800 (Effectively $1900 per night)

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Nov 18, 12 at 12:33 am
MikeFromTokyo is offline  
Old Nov 18, 12, 2:40 am
  #65  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: CDG, SFO
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo View Post
The Peninsula is running Suite Life again, and this time the offer includes breakfast. I think this is one of the best values in the city.

Executive suite $2200 (Effectively $1100 per night)
Deluxe suite $3800 (Effectively $1900 per night)
Same for St Regis 1904 promotion (first night at BAR, second at 4 $) which gives a grand suite for 1800$ per night
vincentb89 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 12, 4:35 am
  #66  
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Programs: Some
Posts: 8,726
I donīt know the Chatwal, but stayed at Setai before. Nice modern Suites and really good service. Nice restaurant
offerendum is offline  
Old Nov 18, 12, 7:04 am
  #67  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
Originally Posted by offerendum View Post
I donīt know the Chatwal, but stayed at Setai before. Nice modern Suites and really good service. Nice restaurant
Maybe I will switch to the Setai. The Chatwal has mixed reviews on the SPG forum. The Setai looks a bit better, and they are giving half off suites (effective rate).
surftb15 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 12, 7:53 am
  #68  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IAD/DCA
Posts: 31,541
setai (capella) becomes langham in january
Kagehitokiri is offline  
Old Nov 19, 12, 4:08 pm
  #69  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
well i switched from the chatwal to setai. Mainly because the Ai Fiori has a real nice thanksgiving menu. I booked an Empire Suite but they soft blocked a room with a 5 Ave View so I can see the parade.
surftb15 is offline  
Old Nov 21, 12, 7:57 am
  #70  
BPA
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: HNL
Programs: UA 1K MM; FS By Invitation; SPG PLAT Ambassador; HA Pualani Gold; LHW Leaders' Club; SLH; Avis First
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
well i switched from the chatwal to setai. Mainly because the Ai Fiori has a real nice thanksgiving menu. I booked an Empire Suite but they soft blocked a room with a 5 Ave View so I can see the parade.
I'm in NYC right now. I'm currently in a deluxe suite at the st Regis (my favorite hotel in NYC). I'm a huge fan of the st regis and have stayed here 1-2 times/year for the last 7 years. After 4 nights here at the st Regis with the wife and kids, however, I actually miss not having a kitchen. So I'm moving to the Setai tonight as well in a suite taking advantage of the deal giving a free night for every paid night. It was a tough call between a club room at RCCP and the site at the setai. I opted for the extra space and kitchen, considering the family's needs.

I've stayed at the setai recently - love the hard product - can't comment too much on the soft product. The Setai feels like having a luxury apartment in the city. After so much travel, I've become quite self-sufficient I fending for my own needs, do the soft product matters less - although it's nice having a butler bring pressed coffee every morning complimentary.

Anyway, just so the OP knows, the parade tomorrow runs along 6th av, not 5th av., so no view of it from the Setai.
BPA is offline  
Old Nov 21, 12, 8:03 am
  #71  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
Originally Posted by BPA View Post
I'm in NYC right now. I'm currently in a deluxe suite at the st Regis (my favorite hotel in NYC). I'm a huge fan of the st regis and have stayed here 1-2 times/year for the last 7 years. After 4 nights here at the st Regis with the wife and kids, however, I actually miss not having a kitchen. So I'm moving to the Setai tonight as well in a suite taking advantage of the deal giving a free night for every paid night. It was a tough call between a club room at RCCP and the site at the setai. I opted for the extra space and kitchen, considering the family's needs.

I've stayed at the setai recently - love the hard product - can't comment too much on the soft product. The Setai feels like having a luxury apartment in the city. After so much travel, I've become quite self-sufficient I fending for my own needs, do the soft product matters less - although it's nice having a butler bring pressed coffee every morning complimentary.

Anyway, just so the OP knows, the parade tomorrow runs along 6th av, not 5th av., so no view of it from the Setai.
Thanks for the response. I also took advantage of that offer.
I will be heading there shortly as they called to tell me my room is ready and I am able to check in anytime.
Nice touch.
surftb15 is offline  
Old Nov 21, 12, 9:34 am
  #72  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IAD/DCA
Posts: 31,541
link/details for 2nd nt free at setai?
Kagehitokiri is offline  
Old Nov 21, 12, 4:29 pm
  #73  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
I am in a 1br city suite now. It is a good room, with a kitchen and washer / dryer. I have to admit, I used the washer to do some wash.

And the deal is directly on the Setai website. It is for suite bookings only unfortunately. I got a $1900/night room for roughly $848 a night+ tax (2 night minimum)
surftb15 is offline  
Old Nov 21, 12, 7:54 pm
  #74  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dublin,Ireland and Nice France
Programs: BA
Posts: 1,762
On a side note,the bar at the R-C Cp is open and Norman's on duty and in great form tonight! What an old style professional and so good!
Earthman is offline  
Old Nov 22, 12, 4:45 am
  #75  
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Programs: Some
Posts: 8,726
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
And the deal is directly on the Setai website. It is for suite bookings only unfortunately. I got a $1900/night room for roughly $848 a night+ tax (2 night minimum)
They got expensive! It wasnīt such a big deal in March. I had the most expensive 1 Bedroom Suite (this time, now they have new categories) and paid less with 1 night on purchase rate and 3 nights on stay 3 pay 2. 1900 per night was an absolute moon-price.
offerendum is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: