FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Luxury Hotels In New York (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1303996-luxury-hotels-new-york.html)

surftb15 Nov 16, 2012 7:54 am

Has anyone stayed at The Chatwal? I have a reservation there next week. I picked it over the Setai.

TRAVELSIG Nov 16, 2012 8:01 am

Originally Posted by surftb15 (Post 19694236)
Has anyone stayed at The Chatwal? I have a reservation there next week. I picked it over the Setai.

There is a Master Thread about it over on the SPG page:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

surftb15 Nov 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Thanks. I have it booked for a 1br suite. I may keep the reservation, but I just realized the Setai has suite nights - Buy 1, get 1 if you will.

MikeFromTokyo Nov 18, 2012 12:27 am

The Peninsula is running Suite Life again, and this time the offer includes breakfast. I think this is one of the best values in the city.

Executive suite $2200 (Effectively $1100 per night)
Deluxe suite $3800 (Effectively $1900 per night)

vincentb89 Nov 18, 2012 2:40 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo (Post 19704024)
The Peninsula is running Suite Life again, and this time the offer includes breakfast. I think this is one of the best values in the city.

Executive suite $2200 (Effectively $1100 per night)
Deluxe suite $3800 (Effectively $1900 per night)

Same for St Regis 1904 promotion (first night at BAR, second at 4 $) which gives a grand suite for 1800$ per night:)

offerendum Nov 18, 2012 4:35 am

I donīt know the Chatwal, but stayed at Setai before. Nice modern Suites and really good service. Nice restaurant

surftb15 Nov 18, 2012 7:04 am

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 19704507)
I donīt know the Chatwal, but stayed at Setai before. Nice modern Suites and really good service. Nice restaurant

Maybe I will switch to the Setai. The Chatwal has mixed reviews on the SPG forum. The Setai looks a bit better, and they are giving half off suites (effective rate).

Kagehitokiri Nov 18, 2012 7:53 am

setai (capella) becomes langham in january

surftb15 Nov 19, 2012 4:08 pm

well i switched from the chatwal to setai. Mainly because the Ai Fiori has a real nice thanksgiving menu. I booked an Empire Suite but they soft blocked a room with a 5 Ave View so I can see the parade.

BPA Nov 21, 2012 7:57 am

Originally Posted by surftb15 (Post 19713341)
well i switched from the chatwal to setai. Mainly because the Ai Fiori has a real nice thanksgiving menu. I booked an Empire Suite but they soft blocked a room with a 5 Ave View so I can see the parade.

I'm in NYC right now. I'm currently in a deluxe suite at the st Regis (my favorite hotel in NYC). I'm a huge fan of the st regis and have stayed here 1-2 times/year for the last 7 years. After 4 nights here at the st Regis with the wife and kids, however, I actually miss not having a kitchen. So I'm moving to the Setai tonight as well in a suite taking advantage of the deal giving a free night for every paid night. It was a tough call between a club room at RCCP and the site at the setai. I opted for the extra space and kitchen, considering the family's needs.

I've stayed at the setai recently - love the hard product - can't comment too much on the soft product. The Setai feels like having a luxury apartment in the city. After so much travel, I've become quite self-sufficient I fending for my own needs, do the soft product matters less - although it's nice having a butler bring pressed coffee every morning complimentary.

Anyway, just so the OP knows, the parade tomorrow runs along 6th av, not 5th av., so no view of it from the Setai.

surftb15 Nov 21, 2012 8:03 am

Originally Posted by BPA (Post 19723198)
I'm in NYC right now. I'm currently in a deluxe suite at the st Regis (my favorite hotel in NYC). I'm a huge fan of the st regis and have stayed here 1-2 times/year for the last 7 years. After 4 nights here at the st Regis with the wife and kids, however, I actually miss not having a kitchen. So I'm moving to the Setai tonight as well in a suite taking advantage of the deal giving a free night for every paid night. It was a tough call between a club room at RCCP and the site at the setai. I opted for the extra space and kitchen, considering the family's needs.

I've stayed at the setai recently - love the hard product - can't comment too much on the soft product. The Setai feels like having a luxury apartment in the city. After so much travel, I've become quite self-sufficient I fending for my own needs, do the soft product matters less - although it's nice having a butler bring pressed coffee every morning complimentary.

Anyway, just so the OP knows, the parade tomorrow runs along 6th av, not 5th av., so no view of it from the Setai.

Thanks for the response. I also took advantage of that offer.
I will be heading there shortly as they called to tell me my room is ready and I am able to check in anytime.
Nice touch.

Kagehitokiri Nov 21, 2012 9:34 am

link/details for 2nd nt free at setai?

surftb15 Nov 21, 2012 4:29 pm

I am in a 1br city suite now. It is a good room, with a kitchen and washer / dryer. I have to admit, I used the washer to do some wash.

And the deal is directly on the Setai website. It is for suite bookings only unfortunately. I got a $1900/night room for roughly $848 a night+ tax (2 night minimum)

Earthman Nov 21, 2012 7:54 pm

On a side note,the bar at the R-C Cp is open and Norman's on duty and in great form tonight! What an old style professional and so good!

offerendum Nov 22, 2012 4:45 am

Originally Posted by surftb15 (Post 19726379)
And the deal is directly on the Setai website. It is for suite bookings only unfortunately. I got a $1900/night room for roughly $848 a night+ tax (2 night minimum)

They got expensive! It wasnīt such a big deal in March. I had the most expensive 1 Bedroom Suite (this time, now they have new categories) and paid less with 1 night on purchase rate and 3 nights on stay 3 pay 2. 1900 per night was an absolute moon-price.