Reload this Page >

Best PENS in Luxury Hotel Rooms

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best PENS in Luxury Hotel Rooms

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:08 am

La Reserve, Paris - like a Mont Blanc but more stylish.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Best Cutlery has to go to the four seasons (ours from the one in hampshire ) childrens cutlery with pink flowers and bears on. I loved them so much i took a set home and use the mini fork daily! if I was technical and could work anything computer wise i would upload a photo!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
Best Cutlery has to go to the four seasons (ours from the one in hampshire ) childrens cutlery with pink flowers and bears on. I loved them so much i took a set home and use the mini fork daily! if I was technical and could work anything computer wise i would upload a photo!
Best cutlery in a Four Seasons has to go to FS George V which designed a complete range of children's dinnerware, from china and stemware to knives and forks. You can, of course, buy a set
Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:07 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
New pens from Rosewood are now my new fav.... thick pen in all silver. Black ink.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 12:37 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Best cutlery in a Four Seasons has to go to FS George V which designed a complete range of children's dinnerware, from china and stemware to knives and forks. You can, of course, buy a set
http://www.les-triples.com/actus/la-...ollection.html
Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by ABG
New pens from Rosewood are now my new fav.... thick pen in all silver. Black ink.
I couldn't quite believe they were just their standard "hotel pens". They must cost at least 3x even other nice-ish hotel branded pens!
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:23 pm
Original Member

I am not ordinarily larcenous but I confess some luxe hotel stays find me making off with their pens. This PENchant for pens (sorry, not sorry) is deeply inculcated and not amenable to therapy. The lovely apple green jobbies are from Le Bristol in France — I didn’t actually make off with all of them. Once I confessed my adoration, staff began giving them to me. I swear!
Old Aug 25, 2023, 6:19 am

Free goodies at top hotels - the pen problem

Hotels give you a variety of free amenities when you stay and most are renewed everyday. Pop the unused shampoo in your case and the following morning it’s replaced. But not with pens!

The pen or pencil is a useful amenity but they are rarely replaced; one, or one set, per visit is the limit. This really annoys me. The only hotel I have stayed in that did replace pens or pencils was the Capella in Bangkok and the Rixos in Astana, the latter being more than ten years ago so that information is not up to date.

What exacerbates annoyance is that many hotels will replace the pens by the note pad next to the telephones that, although no one ever uses them, are dotted all over the place, mainly in each floor’s life area but also in nooks and crannies all over the property. If you want an extra pen you need to go on a safari to pick one up!
Old Aug 25, 2023, 11:00 am

As the wife of a hotel pen pocketer, I will be using the term "pen safari" on all future trips.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 11:25 am
Original Member

Oh, I guzzle pens. Many of the very best venues are not so sensitive about replacement. Often, if guests make known to staff (waiters, front desk, concierges) that one suffers this particular fetish, showers of pens may result. I do note a new proclivity in some venues for, oh dear, pencils. Le Bristol in Paris was outstanding in their enabling of and grace in my pen fixation.

Noting your handle, Greenpen, you may be interested further in Le Bristol’s take on this:

Last edited by KatW; Aug 25, 2023 at 11:35 am
Old Aug 26, 2023, 4:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Presumably pens are not replaced because it’s reasonably unlikely you’ll use all the ink on a single stay. If you do, I am sure they would be willing to bring up a replacement if asked.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Aug 26, 2023 at 4:14 am
Old Aug 26, 2023, 4:01 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Hyatt Privé, Impresario, Four Seasons, Marriott Stars, Kempinski, Accor STEP, SLH, IHG,etc
Oh, I like the green ones! Le Bristol is on my 'to visit' list anyway, so one more thing to look forward to!

A long long time ago, when I first started travelling on business right after university (where I had used a lot of pens), I went through a phase of taking the in-room pen home with me at the end of my stay. It was always just one pen but I ended up having a lot of (cheap) pens. Courtyards, Marriotts, Hiltons, the odd Sheraton one that seemed so posh at the time! I then donated** most of them when I moved abroad for a while. These days, I use the hotel pen during my stay and if I really really like it I ask for a new one from hotel reception. Or if it's a holiday/trip that is really special to me and I want souvenir that I'll use every day.

I'm not a big fan of pencils. I used mechanical pencils a lot when I was living in Japan but not much since then.

** UK Charity: https://www.pensforkids.co.uk
KatW likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 4:13 am

I love the new FS pens. They have three different versions -- one for rooms, one for suites and the nicest for specialty suites. I have several of the specialty suite ones, a very luxurious rollerball. They are happy to provide more when asked!
KatW, FlyerEC and thirdpassport like this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen
The pen or pencil is a useful amenity but they are rarely replaced; one, or one set, per visit is the limit. This really annoys me. The only hotel I have stayed in that did replace pens or pencils was the Capella in Bangkok and the Rixos in Astana, the latter being more than ten years ago so that information is not up to date.
Astana is now called Nur-Sultan. Now you are up-to-date!
Old Aug 26, 2023, 9:46 am
Original Member

The Lanesborough in London replaces adopted pens. Not coincidently it is an Oetker venue as is Le Bristol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.