Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Montreal advice pls/sil vous plait :)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Montreal advice pls/sil vous plait :)

In London we like the Charlotte Street Hotel and in New York the new Trump Soho was nice.

Never been to Montreal - can an yone recommend a good boutique style 5 star hotel?

Thanks all.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:56 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
In the Old Montreal area, Hotel Saint James...... but if you can't get past the old world decor something like Nelligan or Place D'Armes. Hotel Gault has been trying to up its game with new owners too.

For Sherbrooke street the best remains Sofitel. I just had NY friends stay at Le Germain and they were really unhappy
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:57 pm

There are several threads on this subject already.

I would not recommend the St. James, very poor service and overpriced for what it is. Penthouse suites at the Place d'Armes are decent options. The St. Sulpice also gets good reviews although it's more 4-star boutique than true 5-star. The Ritz will be reopening soon and that should be the place to stay.

Sofitel, Hotel le Crystal, and Loews Hotel Vogue are also possibilities in the downtown area.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:09 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by nba1017
I would not recommend the St. James, very poor service and overpriced for what it is.
I have been royally treated there recently reserving with the Leaders Club and the best restaurant of the town (Grand Chef Relais & Chateaux), Toque, is just a block away.

The breakfast room at St. James is impressive and service outstanding.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by behuman
I have been royally treated there recently reserving with the Leaders Club and the best restaurant of the town (Grand Chef Relais & Chateaux), Toque, is just a block away.

The breakfast room at St. James is impressive and service outstanding.
To each his own, of course.

I experienced very poor service in the breakfast hall, and overall, at the St. James.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.