Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons: Baltimore

Four Seasons: Baltimore

Old Nov 28, 2011, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Hurrah, finally a good hotel in Baltimore!!!

And it's not just Legg Mason that has Baltimore as its HQ city, so does T Rowe Price.
Baltimore seems like it would have enough business and tourist (either visiting or medical) traffic to support it.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:32 pm

Hurrah, finally a good hotel in Baltimore!!!

And it's not just Legg Mason that has Baltimore as its HQ city, so does T Rowe Price.
And Under Armour.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Thanks for the great review! Would naturally love to see some pics too if you took them.

Originally Posted by nba1017
At the current point, Wit and Wisdom is the most disappointing aspect of the hotel. I had terribly inattentive service the first night and spoke with a manager. He was very receptive (like most of the senior staff), but I was frankly very surprised that he made no effort to comp my drink nor even offer me a complimentary drink with my dinner the next night. Again, this isn't the kind of thing I'd expect from most places, but it's a restaurant in a Four Seasons and it's the right thing to to do build rapport with guests. I received similar feedback in speaking with some other guests at the bar and around the property as to the poor service. Nevertheless, the food is quite good.
As a local I was looking forward to trying Wit and Wisdom but was completely disappointed when I pulled the menu up on the web the other day. As a foodie, I will probably give it a try but there just wasn't anything on the menu that had me searching for a reservation right away. Service can be an issue in new restaurants here in the city....maybe a lack of trained staff willing to work at a new restaurant and leave their current positions. Hopefully they will sort out the issues since I hate for it to end up like so many other big name chef places I've tried that are just total disappointments.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYBanker
Sounds promising. I look forward to your full review.

Have you stayed at the FS-Seattle or RC-Toronto? Curious how this compares to those two gems.
I have not stayed at the Seattle property, but have been to the Toronto Ritz several times. While I don't share your opinion of it being a "gem" due to repeatedly average service, the hotel itself has many similarities to the FS Baltimore.

I found the FS to be, overall, what the Toronto Ritz is trying to be--an "urban retreat," to borrow a marketing term. The FS spa (free, nonetheless) actually gives off the vibe of being a "sanctuary" and the pool area should be equal parts lavish and zen when it opens in March. The rooms are of a similar style to the Toronto Ritz as well--lots of slick dark wood, modern furniture, high-end electronics, and so on. However, the FS executes much better in its finishes, and the balconies are a nice touch. The tubs are proper soaking tubs, the showers have better pressure and are true rain showers, and the rooms are simply more comfortable. One plus at the Ritz are the heated bathroom floors, and I have heard that the Club level is one of the better ones in the system.

Overall, the FS fit my preference as a high-end leisure traveler who happened to have a little business to do. I felt that the Ritz was more of a true high-end business hotel that also works, albeit less well, as a leisure property.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christianj
Thanks for the great review! Would naturally love to see some pics too if you took them.

As a local I was looking forward to trying Wit and Wisdom but was completely disappointed when I pulled the menu up on the web the other day. As a foodie, I will probably give it a try but there just wasn't anything on the menu that had me searching for a reservation right away. Service can be an issue in new restaurants here in the city....maybe a lack of trained staff willing to work at a new restaurant and leave their current positions. Hopefully they will sort out the issues since I hate for it to end up like so many other big name chef places I've tried that are just total disappointments.

Try it. Hopefully the service will pick-up. If our three breakfasts and one dinner are indicative of the overall food quality, you shouldn't be too disappointed. Much better than Bourbon Steak, which I cannot stand, in DC.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:11 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Any word what the FSPP benefits will be? And fhr/virtuoso plans?

FDW
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:20 pm

Has anyone stayed at this Four Seasons yet? Any pictures?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bma83
Has anyone stayed at this Four Seasons yet? Any pictures?
bma83, I have posted a long review earlier in this thread. I suggest you look at it for my thoughts. And, no pictures, sorry.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

guests be advised theyre (going to) advertise (pool) day passes and cabana rentals to public

pabu opens next month

(from newsletter)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&gl=us&strip=1

Day Passes are available for non-hotel guests, Monday through Thursday, from Memorial Day to Labor Day
so not Fri/Sat/Sun, not sure about cabana rentals or spa guests

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 19, 2012 at 2:24 pm
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
guests be advised theyre (going to) advertise (pool) day passes and cabana rentals to public
Kind of sucks.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Was passing through Baltimore last week and went by to have a look.

Whole hotel was a virtual fortress because the Yankees were staying there.

Next time I guess I'll book in advance
Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Any recent reports here? I'm heading down next month, looking forward to my stay here.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 5:15 pm

Stayed 2 nights midweek in July. Loved it! Had to share the pool with 6 other people and had the mens spa to myself both days. Booked through DavidO and got a great rate, upgrade, breakfast that was wonderful and $100 spa credit. I did not care for the rooms with the outdoor space so switched to a larger room with a nicer sitting area and view out to the pool from the desk and sitting area. Only thing I did not like about the room was the shower. Wall mounted not rainshower head, and no hand held wand which I am kinda of getting used to having in my hotel showers. Whole Foods is around the corner if your looking to stock your own room but thought the F&B was really good and ate in both restaurants.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:01 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder how you could get a great rate there. My impression was that FS as a chain charges rack for all Virtuoso bookings, believing that the extra Virtuoso benefits eliminate the need for a discount.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:53 pm

I wonder how you could get a great rate there. My impression was that FS as a chain charges rack for all Virtuoso bookings, believing that the extra Virtuoso benefits eliminate the need for a discount.
It was in the low 3's think 339 a night. The rate was just those days as I almost went the week before and rates were much higher.

Last edited by zigzag; Sep 13, 2012 at 9:01 pm Reason: spelling

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.