L'ermitage vs Peninsula Beverly hills

Old Nov 5, 11, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

I just have this 2 options:

Peninsula 1200 USD for 3 nights.

L'ermitage 1000 USD for 3 nights includes breakfast for 2

I'm traveling with my two kids for my son's 16th Birthday.
L'ermitage looks really nice not so expensive and includes me the breakfast for two. The Peninsula is supposed to be the best in LA/BH and to ride a Rolls Royce Phantom is just amaizing but it kind of looks old.
Which one is a better option??
Old Nov 5, 11, 5:27 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by oavcech View Post
I just have this 2 options:

Peninsula 1200 USD for 3 nights.

L'ermitage 1000 USD for 3 nights includes breakfast for 2

I'm traveling with my two kids for my son's 16th Birthday.
L'ermitage looks really nice not so expensive and includes me the breakfast for two. The Peninsula is supposed to be the best in LA/BH and to ride a Rolls Royce Phantom is just amaizing but it kind of looks old.
Which one is a better option??
As the mother of sons, I well remember how they ate when they were teens. The complimentary breakfast alone, is worth the stay at L'ermitage, assuming it is a full breakfast. I believe L'Ermitage was recently renovated. The location is very nice and it is an easy walk into the heart of BH. The Peninsula is not old. It is a lovely hotel, but if they do not include breakfast in the rate, than you will pay dearly if you want to dine in the hotel. Otherwise, you will have to walk outside of the hotel and find a coffee shop. There is a Starbucks just across the street from The Peninsula.
Old Nov 5, 11, 6:03 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Confused. The Pen is Virtuoso property, so Breakfast would be included. Are you not booking through a Virtuoso TA?
Old Nov 5, 11, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla View Post
Confused. The Pen is Virtuoso property, so Breakfast would be included. Are you not booking through a Virtuoso TA?
I wan't going to, but I will make sure to check with Virtuoso

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 11, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla View Post
Was checking rates for the Pen BH and it seems that the 3 nights / 1200 $ deal can only be booked through their "Celebrate 20 years with the third night at 20 $" (base rate is 585 $ for each two nights + 20 $ for the third night ).
Question is : is it possible to apply virtuoso benefits to a hotel promotional offer, like FSPP can work with the pay 2 stay 3, or are only Virtuoso rates (BAR or equivalent with discount negociated between hotel and virtuoso network) eligible for benefits ?
Shortly, if I want to book a hotel affiliated with Virtuoso, should I only look at their virtuoso (or BAR if identical) rates in order to get the benefits or can I also check their discounted / more specific rates offered ?
Old Nov 6, 11, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by vincentb89 View Post
Question is : is it possible to apply virtuoso benefits to a hotel promotional offer, like FSPP can work with the pay 2 stay 3, or are only Virtuoso rates (BAR or equivalent with discount negociated between hotel and virtuoso network) eligible for benefits ?
Shortly, if I want to book a hotel affiliated with Virtuoso, should I only look at their virtuoso (or BAR if identical) rates in order to get the benefits or can I also check their discounted / more specific rates offered ?
An agent can negotiate on your behalf to get the Virtuoso benefits applied to a lower rate, or combine the benefits with another promotion.
Old Nov 6, 11, 12:50 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Peninsula Hotel free night certificate

moving to start new thread...

I redeemed Amex points for a reward night at Peninsula and only realized when I arrived at the Peninsula in Beverly Hills that the certificate is only good for the Bangkok, Beijing, and Manila properties. An expensive mistake, as one can imagine. The thing is, I can't get a refund from Amex and I don't have any prospects for being in Asia any time soon. Anybody have any suggestions for how I can get rid of it?

Last edited by asburypark; Nov 6, 11 at 3:19 pm Reason: posted to wrong place
Old Nov 7, 11, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA CK / LT PLT, Starwood GLD, Avis Pres Club, Hertz GLD
I have always had success getting a Virtuoso / FSPP property to apply Virtuoso/FSPP benefits to any publicly available rate or free night promotion.

I have never had success applying benefits to contract rates like ABA.
Old Nov 8, 11, 9:37 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Vincentb89, the 20th Anniversary Pen package includes $40.00 of breakfast credit and 20% discount off F&B. There is not much to "combine" with Virtuoso besides the upgrade.