Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotel in Russia - Opportunity for Investors?

Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others

I'm just back from a trip to several Russian Cities and even if I researched quite deeply I could not find anything better then average four star hotels.

I have been in Ekaterinburg, Tyumen, Rostov, Krasnodar.
Those are not exactly "small" unknown cities so I was particularly surprised, given the large amount of businessman traveling to those places (i might be wrong on this).

The top of the offer in Ekaterinburg was Radisson (That I believe is opening as well in Rostov/Krasnodar).

I really expected something different. I know those cities are not Moscow....but....

Do you really believe there is no market there or investors are just a bit...late?
Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum & Hilton Diamond
Of course there's a market for luxury hotels in many Russian cities. For the western investors the major problem is still that Russia is a pretty interesting market... you never know what tomorrow will bring

Last edited by Kuki; Nov 6, 2011 at 1:47 pm
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:19 am

Programs: AmEx Centurion, SPG Platinum; LH Senator; Sixt Platinum; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by The_Daddy
Do you really believe there is no market there or investors are just a bit...late?
Four Seasons was supposed to open in Moscow in 2008. Shareholders still sue each other and some people claim that 1 bln dollars is missing. Just FYI.

Opportunity is there, for sure and returns are 300-500%, however you might lose it all and end up in jail because someone liked the property you built.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
Indeed business can be tricky and scary.... I believe the key in Russia, as in other countries, is to find the proper local partner.... isn't it?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:03 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe the investors could practice by opening a few luxury hotels in the Nordic countries first!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.