Reload this Page >

Papeete for one night?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Papeete for one night?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:48 pm

I might just add here that there will soon be another way of reaching Tahiti. United Airlines will have a direct flight from San Francisco to Papeete. Not sure of the schedules but it might simplify things a bit . . .
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:40 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by Pausanias
I might just add here that there will soon be another way of reaching Tahiti. United Airlines will have a direct flight from San Francisco to Papeete. Not sure of the schedules but it might simplify things a bit . . .
The UA flight starts on October 30 and will only run during the winter months. It might be a little rainy.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
This hotel DEFINITELY does not belong in the luxury forum, but we arrived at midnight and had a 10am flight the next morning. I wanted to land at PPT, and get to bed. So we booked Tahiti Airport Motel. https://tahitiairportmotel.net/en/

From the time we landed, walked to the hotel (3 minute walk), and put our head on the pillow, it was 20 minutes. Room was clean, and quiet
I take it then that there's no better choice if you're just overnighting and taking the earliest flight out tomorrow? HA gets in at 9:30PM and it just doesn't seem worth the hassle going anywhere else before first morning flight to Bora Bora the day after.

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
I've been lurking here and my dismay has gradually given way to horror. Bora Bora is a difficult international destination and often requires a long layover (or overnight) in Tahiti. But unless something drastic has changed, staying at the Intercontinental for a few hours is something I just don't understand. Especially at night. I'm with CanuckFlyHigh. Stay at the airport hotel and get out of the place. The Intercontinental is a nice hotel. But the surroundings, including the ocean. remind me of Oakland. This is a major step down from Bora Bora.
Reminds me of the area around HNL. I thought the ugliness would typically be confined to the city itself...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.