FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Thank you, thank you, thank you (Amanjena) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1235057-thank-you-thank-you-thank-you-amanjena.html)

lilnemo Jul 9, 2011 3:04 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you (Amanjena)

I am enjoying what is to be my last breakfast (for this trip) at the Amanjena after having spent five of the most glorious days here. If all Amans are even half as wonderful as this count me in as an Amanjunkie. I am already planning my next Aman vacation. I just reread Erika's trip report and could not possibly add anything to her well written and very descriptive report. Everything has been perfect. We were originally to spend three nights here but after touring the Four Seasons, La Mamounia and the Royal Mansour we opted to upgrade to a maison and stay here. I would never have even called the Aman if it hadn't been for flyertalk. I have appreciated flyertalk reviews and assistance when choosing hotels but never more then now. Thank you for the introduction, away from the regular FS, MO....and into paradise.

Ericka Jul 9, 2011 5:42 am

So happy you had a nice time. What are you considering for your next Aman?

Musken Jul 9, 2011 6:34 am

:iloveflyertalk:

Great to hear that you have had a good time!

wripro Jul 9, 2011 10:47 am

So glad your enjoying your time at Aman. It's hard not to.

lilnemo Jul 9, 2011 1:19 pm

For my next Aman I was considering Amangani since my husband is now hiking in the region, however I have just found two extra days in Marrakech next week so may return to Amanjena before I return home and head to Wyoming. We are also planning a trip to China in November so the Summer Palace is on the list. According to Livio I need three Aman stays to be an Amanjunkie. If all goes well I should be official by the end of the year!

NYBanker Jul 9, 2011 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by lilnemo (Post 16699226)
For my next Aman I was considering Amangani since my husband is now hiking in the region, however I have just found two extra days in Marrakech next week so may return to Amanjena before I return home and head to Wyoming. We are also planning a trip to China in November so the Summer Palace is on the list. According to Livio I need three Aman stays to be an Amanjunkie. If all goes well I should be official by the end of the year!

Now you're talking.

I suspect a few people on this board have a list of all the properties, each waiting to be ticked after their first stay.

Anyone know someone who has been to all the Amans?

luxury Jul 9, 2011 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker (Post 16699878)

Vuittons, perhaps?

namaguide Jul 10, 2011 2:22 am

Originally Posted by NYBanker (Post 16699878)
Now you're talking.

I suspect a few people on this board have a list of all the properties, each waiting to be ticked after their first stay.

Amanruya in August and all of them will then be ticked!

Ericka Jul 10, 2011 4:20 am

Originally Posted by namaguide (Post 16701706)
Amanruya in August and all of them will then be ticked!

Better hope they don't open another new one between now and then! ;)
Maybe you should get some sort of special AmanSuperJunkie tshirt.

namaguide Jul 10, 2011 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Ericka (Post 16701954)
Better hope they don't open another new one between now and then! ;)
Maybe you should get some sort of special AmanSuperJunkie tshirt.

I wouldn't be surprised! To the best of my knowledge we shouldn't expect any other openings in 2011.

I would prefer one of the Heli villas rather than the t-shirt!

Mind you though, it is about time we saw something new and different in the hotel industry. I kind of feel that Amans sell by date will up soon. I want to see something new, different concept all together, something that will redefine the high end hotels again. I am sure the core of all the amanjunkies will probably feel the same? We have seen it all I think... It would be interesting to get Vuittons views!

vuittonsofstyle Jul 10, 2011 6:49 am

If we have seen it all, then we are tired of life (to paraphrase Samuel Johnson). Aman continue to surprise and delight me and I know of no other 'group' that gets anywhere near.

As far as I know nobody else is creating resorts that incorporate village life, such as Sveti Stefan and Amanfayun. Nobody else has 100% chemical-free spas. Nobody else caters to the very top of the high-end market and, on the whole, does not compromise and does not fragment the brand.

Occasionally I think that a new group has the potential to emulate Aman, if not surpass it, but every time, the group either sells out or implodes.

I have been staying at Amans since they began in 1988 and have seen some come and go, like Carcosa Seri Negara, Burnham Beaches, Mahakua Hacienda de san Antonio. Invariably, the faults, if they existed, were with the owners. OK, maybe less so with Umaid Bhawan - but mostly, Aman, more than anyone else, understand their market and regularly challenge it with new locations and interesting architecture or concepts.

Amanruya in August is my next but one stop. In 23 years, I have very rarely been disappointed, and when I have, things have, ultimately, been fixed, so that my next stay is a triumph.

You only have to look at the number of 'views' for Aman on the Luxury Hotels Forum to know that Aman is what the majority of us most obsess about.

namaguide Jul 10, 2011 9:30 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle (Post 16702290)
If we have seen it all, then we are tired of life (to paraphrase Samuel Johnson). Aman continue to surprise and delight me and I know of no other 'group' that gets anywhere near.

As far as I know nobody else is creating resorts that incorporate village life, such as Sveti Stefan and Amanfayun. Nobody else has 100% chemical-free spas. Nobody else caters to the very top of the high-end market and, on the whole, does not compromise and does not fragment the brand.

Occasionally I think that a new group has the potential to emulate Aman, if not surpass it, but every time, the group either sells out or implodes.

I have been staying at Amans since they began in 1988 and have seen some come and go, like Carcosa Seri Negara, Burnham Beaches, Mahakua Hacienda de san Antonio. Invariably, the faults, if they existed, were with the owners. OK, maybe less so with Umaid Bhawan - but mostly, Aman, more than anyone else, understand their market and regularly challenge it with new locations and interesting architecture or concepts.

Amanruya in August is my next but one stop. In 23 years, I have very rarely been disappointed, and when I have, things have, ultimately, been fixed, so that my next stay is a triumph.

You only have to look at the number of 'views' for Aman on the Luxury Hotels Forum to know that Aman is what the majority of us most obsess about.

That's so sweet Vuittons to see such a passion for Amans and I may share this with you - each resort and each management team have a truly special place in our hearts. I nonetheless await and long for the next visionary that will redefine again the whole concept all together whatever that may be (...coming back to Samuel Johnson!)

trach500 Jul 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by lilnemo (Post 16699226)

We just got back from the Aman Summer Palace and it was awesome. This was our first ever Aman that we have been to and we were definitely blown away. The service at these resorts is fantastic. I would HIGHLY recommend Amanfayun as well (Hangzhou) and actually thought it was nicer than the Palace. If you are going to China, you must do both of these resorts. We did a promo on their website called a Palace and a Village. The private tours, meals, and spa's were top notch

the_amanized Jul 10, 2011 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle (Post 16702290)

Compared to the others, Aman definitely delivers what its mission statement describes "a lifestyle experience"

Vuitton, do you happen to know how they fix up the problems in Amanwella?

TravelConcierge Mar 7, 2014 10:34 am

Just wanted to add that we also enjoyed a lovely recent stay at Amanjena--incredibly romantic, although even my 6 year old, who accompanied with me, loved it. Highlights included our Atlas Mountains and Berber Village experience in L'Arbaa Tighdouine, cozy fire in our Pavilion fireplace, traditional Moroccan music in the evenings (we were the only audience) and excellent dining, including some delicious spicy Thai food in addition to traditional Moroccan favorites and great breakfast. Photos are in the post linked to in my signature.