Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Lanai

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Thumbs up

^
Originally Posted by paulmasterton
Hope you had a good time.

I am going to Manele Bay for 5 nights for my honeymoon. First ever time to Hawaii (combining it with 5 nights on Maui).

It's also our first time ever in a Four Seasons. I could never afford the prices for some of their other hotels, so it's a great opportunity to experience a little luxury at a price that we can afford.

I'm aware that it Manele Bay isn't quite at the same standard of some of the other FS properties, but I'll have nothing to compare it to and I'm sure it will be the perfect place for us to unwind and explore the island.

So exited, counting down the weeks!
I thought the service was fine and I have stayed in several Four Seasons in the past. Depends on what you're looking for I guess. Have a blast!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Same boat.. I've never had the pleasure of staying at a Four Seasons..

If similar service to a Fairmont, I'll be fine I'm thinking..

How is the service at Four Seasons Manele Bay compared to say the Fairmont Orchid, or Fairmont Kea Lani?..
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:36 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Same boat.. I've never had the pleasure of staying at a Four Seasons..

If similar service to a Fairmont, I'll be fine I'm thinking..

How is the service at Four Seasons Manele Bay compared to say the Fairmont Orchid, or Fairmont Kea Lani?..
I have not stayed at those two Fairmont's, but I have stayed at several and one resort, the Scottsdale Princess. I would have to say that I felt I received more personal service at Manele than at the Princess and felt more looked after. The ultimate Fairmont in service for me was at the Pacifac RIm in Vancouver where they went out of their way to look after me when I was staying at one of their club floors on business this summer. In fact, I went back there for lunch in December when I was staying somewhere else and one of the bell staff addressed me by name on my way in. I was astounded that she remembered me. Never had that kind of recognition at the Four Seasosn in Vancouver!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by paulmasterton
Hope you had a good time.

I am going to Manele Bay for 5 nights for my honeymoon. First ever time to Hawaii (combining it with 5 nights on Maui).

It's also our first time ever in a Four Seasons. I could never afford the prices for some of their other hotels, so it's a great opportunity to experience a little luxury at a price that we can afford.

I'm aware that it Manele Bay isn't quite at the same standard of some of the other FS properties, but I'll have nothing to compare it to and I'm sure it will be the perfect place for us to unwind and explore the island.

So exited, counting down the weeks!
Not sure what you've been reading, but Manel'e Bay is one of the best FS I've been to. And I have been to many. Better than any on the U.S. mainland, for virtually private beach and ocean views, alone. Service is perfect. Rooms are very clean and beds much more comfy than Four Seasons Shanghai. Etc. etc.

On another note, about Four Seasons Shanghai, while the service and hotel itself are great, the fact that people can smoke anywhere is a turnoff (but that is the case with anywhere in China). Also, the beds and linens at Four Seasons Shanghai are not up to par with all other Four Seasons hotels. Sheets are very thin, and mattresses are too soft and appear very old.

However, a full renovation and upgrade of the 10 year old property is under way, according to the GM. With 2 floors already complete, including 26th floor.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by allbrosca
I have not stayed at those two Fairmont's, but I have stayed at several and one resort, the Scottsdale Princess. I would have to say that I felt I received more personal service at Manele than at the Princess and felt more looked after. The ultimate Fairmont in service for me was at the Pacifac RIm in Vancouver where they went out of their way to look after me when I was staying at one of their club floors on business this summer. In fact, I went back there for lunch in December when I was staying somewhere else and one of the bell staff addressed me by name on my way in. I was astounded that she remembered me. Never had that kind of recognition at the Four Seasosn in Vancouver!
How is Manele Bay compared to Pacific Rim?

There is the valet guy at FS Hualalai who remembers me and my name.. He's oriental, and I'm 6'5" oriental so it helps.. and I've never stayed at an FS in my life.. just once in awhile attend the Surf, Sand and Stars at Beach Tree..

I guess we've got try out the service aspect.. will be booking once I get my Oahu accomodations finally aligned..
Old Dec 31, 2011, 2:07 am

How is Manele Bay compared to Pacific Rim?

There is the valet guy at FS Hualalai who remembers me and my name.. He's oriental, and I'm 6'5" oriental so it helps.. and I've never stayed at an FS in my life.. just once in awhile attend the Surf, Sand and Stars at Beach Tree..

I guess we've got try out the service aspect.. will be booking once I get my Oahu accomodations finally aligned..
Hard to compare since one was in a city and I was there on business and one's at a resort, but I would not hesitate to go back to either. I liked FS Manele better than Scottsdale Princess and I liked Pacifac Rim better than FS Vancouver, but it's hard to compare. All good properties. I'm spoiled! I am sure you and your family will have a great time!
Old Jan 1, 2012, 2:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by allbrosca
Hard to compare since one was in a city and I was there on business and one's at a resort, but I would not hesitate to go back to either. I liked FS Manele better than Scottsdale Princess and I liked Pacifac Rim better than FS Vancouver, but it's hard to compare. All good properties. I'm spoiled! I am sure you and your family will have a great time!
An aside on PMs.. were you offered at the front desk.. or did you ask?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:48 am

An aside on PMs.. were you offered at the front desk.. or did you ask?
Sent you a pm

Last edited by allbrosca; Jan 1, 2012 at 9:53 pm
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I love the Lodge, we have stayed here and never made it down to Manele and survived. ; ) Heading back for a few days at end of week, this time we will probably hit the beach.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by lalala
I love the Lodge, we have stayed here and never made it down to Manele and survived. ; ) Heading back for a few days at end of week, this time we will probably hit the beach.
As mentioned in another thread, both Lanai Four Seasons properties are currently under a major renovation - at the direction of Larry Ellison, who bought the island from David Murdock. He's putting in tens of millions of dollars in renovations. The prices for rooms are going up, too.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by laxconnorw
As mentioned in another thread, both Lanai Four Seasons properties are currently under a major renovation - at the direction of Larry Ellison, who bought the island from David Murdock. He's putting in tens of millions of dollars in renovations. The prices for rooms are going up, too.
This is good news, they could both use the updates.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
This is great news! Have you read an announcement somewhere? I didn't see anything on their website and it appears you can book rooms now and into the future.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
...both Lanai Four Seasons properties are currently under a major renovation.
Can you provide the link to thread you mentioned?

Hopefully, they'll upgrade the pool at the beach property. It tends to get exceptionally crowded during high season.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Hopefully they can upgrade the disorganized and inconsistent service as they can the bland food.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Here's one link I fount that references Larry Ellison's plans for the hotels:

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1...s-four-seasons

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.