Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Do Virtuoso & FS Preferred Partner Travel Agents charge a fee for hotel bookings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do Virtuoso & FS Preferred Partner Travel Agents charge a fee for hotel bookings?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LHW Leaders Club

Hi everyone -this is my first time posting.
I am interested in finding a Travel Agent who is a Four Seasons Preferred Partner and a member of Virtuoso to make hotel bookings for me, instead of me just making the bookings myself, and I was just wondering if a Travel Agent would charge me a fee for making the bookings on my behalf? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 1:18 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Some do and some do not.... Personally I don't
MarshKing does not either and he donates a portion of your booking to a charity
Old Jun 1, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by Bluebelle
Hi everyone -this is my first time posting.
I am interested in finding a Travel Agent who is a Four Seasons Preferred Partner and a member of Virtuoso to make hotel bookings for me, instead of me just making the bookings myself, and I was just wondering if a Travel Agent would charge me a fee for making the bookings on my behalf? Thanks in advance for any help.
Mine does not for hotel reservations. I would add my FSPP/Virtuoso agent gets much better rates and upgrades than I can get via the web. This is particularly true with FS.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I recently used DavidO to book 3 rooms at the FS. He is great to work with and did not charge a fee.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 7:55 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
In general, hotels still pay commissions so agents don't need to charge additional fees to customers to earn a living.

While there will invariably be commission pressure over time, there are so many more hotels than there are airlines, and that hotels can vary so widely, that the need for agent representation in the sales process is likely to continue for a long time in the hotel industry.

Some high-end agents, particularly those that focus on more off-the-run properties (non-chain) will tack on a fee for any booking. I've never had one not disclose their fee up front, and have always felt I get real value for the service.

Frankly, if you're going to stay at an RC, FS or any Virtuoso property, you're leaving significant value on the table by NOT booking through a preferred agent.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by r.brown
I recently used DavidO to book 3 rooms at the FS. He is great to work with and did not charge a fee.
I can second that - DavidO is great as I've used him for the FS, MO, and RC.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:31 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, RC STARS, MO FanClub, Dorchester Diamond, Luxury Priv, Peninsula PenClub
It is always my pleasure to provide personal service, FSPP, Virtuoso and Ritz-Carlton STARS benefits at no charge.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:52 am

Programs: VIRTUOSO Travel agent, Amex cent, FB Lifetime Plat.
Thumbs up Viruoso for french!

Same here, absolutly no fee and happy to help from France ^
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:33 am

Ditto for me!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Another vote for DavidO^^, he always gives great advices and very close relationship with many hotels.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:48 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Maybe I should be booking with DavidO too.....!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:31 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

It might be easier to list the TA's who DO charge a fee for a FSPP, Virtuoso, or RC Stars booking! I don't think that is very common, except maybe among overpriced membership "concierge" services.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: VX Elevate, Hertz Gold
I'm a longtime lurker on the forums and recently worked with MarshKing for a FS reservation. He was great and no charge for the booking!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:08 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
The best way to reward your travel agent is, of course, with warm intros to highly qualified new customers.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum, UA Premier Executive
I should have asked this question before I made my booking for the FS Firenze last year. The FSPP agent I used charged a $150 "deposit" for organizing the trip and was clear to say it wasn't a "fee" but was nonrefundable if I canceled or substantially reduced the booking. I never got that deposit back but figured the benefits of booking through the FSPP agent was well worth the $150.

Any FSPP agents looking for new clients?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.