Imanta Resort in Punta Mita

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Imanta Resort in Punta Mita

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:22 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vienna-resident
I wrote a trip report a year ago. Wasn't impressed - the soft product wasn't up to the price level, and the hard product, while great when it opened, suffers from negligence.

Thanks. It looked intriguing to our son and he was curious about it. They loved the Four Seasons though.

(link not working for me)
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

link to post in linked thread >
Mexico trip report: Las Alcobas – Esencia – Imanta – Rosewood Puebla
Overall Imanta has the rooms, location and size to be one of the best resorts in the world. We've been to a lot of very nice resorts, but have rarely experienced such spectacular views and natural beauty
91 posts for imanta on luxury hotels forum. (9 from me, including deal posts.) many here would have gone if there had been a single report of aman 'style' (not 'level') service.

2 casona + 5 originally
2 casona + 10 + treehouse now
curious re highest virtuoso upgrade
1685 oceanfront casa
3950 2BR casona los templos
6300 2BR casona jaguar

FS changes >
3000 2BR ocean villa luna
3500 2BR beachfront arena / 3BR ocean villa sol
4000 2BR beachfront coral

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 12, 2018 at 10:15 am
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:11 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I wrote a trip report a year ago. Wasn't impressed - the soft product wasn't up to the price level, and the hard product, while great when it opened, suffers from negligence.
​​​​We visited and had dinner at Imanta while staying at the StR Punta Mita back in Nov 2015.

As @vienna-resident indicates with his great summary review, the hard product here is (was) sensational. But even we saw the soft product challenges in our short visit. Dinner was good, but not nearly as good as at Carolina or Mita Mary’s at the StR. The staff seemed to disappear for long stretches, both while we were enjoying pre-dinner drinks and dining and again while we were touring around the property at their invitation beforehand. Staff in one location seemed completely unaware who we were and why they should be bothered even though we’d been passed to them from staff in a different location. The staff at the bar and dinner were nowhere to be found after other staff dropped us, making us wait almost 15 min before staff were found. It was consistent and disappointing.

The hard product here was amazing. But the soft product and service were far too challenged for a property so remote and so trying to be something that it clearly is not IMO. It didn’t even come close to that of the StR or FS Punta Mita.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:14 am
Original Member

Mobility issues -- any elevators?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:17 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by KatW
I seem to recall there were no elevators, but it was a few years ago.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:08 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by KatW
Uneven ground and no elevators.... Not suggested
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.