Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by an1030
But to TST it may be a different story (traffic aside), going to Hong Kong station than walking over to Central and then back up to TST I would think would be much more time consuming!
You can walk to Austin West Rail from the Elements mall and take it one stop to East TST. Bonus is you get to see the newly-opened HSR terminal, which is worth a visit on its own right.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Pickles
You can walk to Austin West Rail from the Elements mall and take it one stop to East TST. Bonus is you get to see the newly-opened HSR terminal, which is worth a visit on its own right.
How long would that walk generally take? Is it all through the mall (indoors)?

And since I am asking, what about between Hong Kong/Central MTR?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by an1030
How long would that walk generally take? Is it all through the mall (indoors)?

And since I am asking, what about between Hong Kong/Central MTR?
If you know where you're going, it's about 15 minutes. Not all of it indoors, but all of it covered by walkways, so you won't get wet if it's raining. Hong Kong-Central MTR is about 10 minutes, all underground and indoors, with two long travelators in between. So if you hoof it you can probably do it in 5 minutes or so.
an1030 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Pickles
If you know where you're going, it's about 15 minutes. Not all of it indoors, but all of it covered by walkways, so you won't get wet if it's raining. Hong Kong-Central MTR is about 10 minutes, all underground and indoors, with two long travelators in between. So if you hoof it you can probably do it in 5 minutes or so.
Thanks! Looks like I will be getting an extra nice work out from walking to and from all the MTR/hotel connections.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Some pics from my recent stay. Who doesn't want to wake up to a view like this. Although they can do a bit with window cleaning.

Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BENLEE
Some pics from my recent stay. Who doesn't want to wake up to a view like this. Although they can do a bit with window cleaning.

Beautiful, but I would have to have the wjndow cleaning job....man that would be terrifying
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Probably would need drones to do that high for cleaning. Amazing views though!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:15 am

how many nights did you stay?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Pro, Marriott Platinum, Sonesta Preferred
Just used points to redeem 4 nights here. But the system won't let me apply my SNA. It says suite is not available? What gives?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NJFlyer_HOHO
Just used points to redeem 4 nights here. But the system won't let me apply my SNA. It says suite is not available? What gives?
No SNAs at RC properties.
NJFlyer_HOHO likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:44 am

Just stayed here last week and suffice to stay my wife ran screaming when she saw people outside on the 111th floor.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: BA SIlver, Virgin Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Just checked in, no upgrades available for platinums due to hotel being completely full! Wow.

Pretty pleased I reserved the room I'd be happy with.

Very weird check in process, felt extremely disingenuous. You'd think it was an exclusive club and I was not invited.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anonymous_third_party
Just checked in, no upgrades available for platinums due to hotel being completely full! Wow.

Very weird check in process, felt extremely disingenuous. You'd think it was an exclusive club and I was not invited.
They checked you in at the RC Club or in room check-in?

A front end manager at MOHK once made us feel this way too on a Fan Club booking.

Last edited by Aventine; Sep 18, 2020 at 9:15 am
Old Sep 18, 2020, 11:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by anonymous_third_party

Different experience here - hotel was also sold out but I as a newly minuted platinum got upgraded to a Deluxe Victoria Harbour Suite from base room for a 3 night stay last weekend.
Check-in involved lining up at both 9/F and 103/F - latter took more than an hour and the suite was not ready until 6:30pm
Anyway no complaints with the HK$1,400 ish room rate, even tho the 102/F breakfast (again, >30 minute lines with Tosca used as dining area as well) was consistently bad (to be fair it was included in the room rate, but it’s a far cry in terms of quality from the rest of the major luxury hotels in HK)
Glad to see the TVs refreshed with YouTube and Apple TV, Chromecast etc...and the room generally quite well kept despite the hotel’s age. It’s no longer bling and fancy (when there’s Rosewood and StR etc) but this place is good value and cozy enough
Old Sep 19, 2020, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The height and potential views keeps this hotel in the game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.