Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: citi premier pass
Club lounge wine selection / list

Does anyone know what kind of wines - names/ brands they serve in the club lounge?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by phant0m
Stayed here last spring in a Club Level room. They upgraded us to a corner room. I loved every single moment at this hotel. Club staff was just amazing and each presentation was great. They got to know us personally and made our experience one to remember. I couldn't think to stay anywhere else in HK.
All true, though I wish the staff were a bit more instinctive as to when the guests wanted some privacy and unwinding time instead of playing 20 questions (how was your day? where did you go?, etc)
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by phant0m
Stayed here last spring in a Club Level room. They upgraded us to a corner room. I loved every single moment at this hotel. Club staff was just amazing and each presentation was great. They got to know us personally and made our experience one to remember. I couldn't think to stay anywhere else in HK.
Originally Posted by Five Star Traveller
I completely agree about booking club level. Ritz-Carlton is my current favorite in Hong Kong overall, especially after a few lackluster stays at the Four Seasons. As far as pools go, Four Seasons does have the best one. I prefer outdoor pools, but Ritz-Carlton's is very nice for an indoor pool (although not as beautiful as the Peninsula's). Definitely much better than the Mandarin Oriental's small and claustrophobic indoor pool.
LMO used to be my favourite in HK but I got bored with the lack of F&B options and rooms without view ( though I miss that giant tub ), so now RCHK is my hands-down favourite and yes, club floor is a must for better more attentive service. With repeated stays, the staff there have got to know my preferences and service has gone up few notches as a regular guest. It's just so relaxing to watch the entire HK skyline from either the lounge or in my room. And I love the F&B offerings, both at the club floor and at the restaurants ( 5 of them! ). Yes, it's a pain to take 2 lifts and few flights of escalators down to reach the MTR station everytime in order to get out but that's a tiny trade-off.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Anyone able to offer some advice regarding food dining, i have a 100USD voucher to use at the hotel during my upcoming stay. I will be at the hotel by myself for one night and plan on using my credit for lunch, what is the best restaurant to go to in regards where a "table for one please" will not stick out like an eyesore? Additionally anyone know if the lunch buffet is any good ?

Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Anyone able to offer some advice regarding food dining, i have a 100USD voucher to use at the hotel during my upcoming stay. I will be at the hotel by myself for one night and plan on using my credit for lunch, what is the best restaurant to go to in regards where a "table for one please" will not stick out like an eyesore? Additionally anyone know if the lunch buffet is any good ?

Thanks
I love Tosca and I'm often by myself. Never succeed to score a window table but I'm not staying at the hotel.
The lunch buffet is definitely very good

Tosca used to serve a brunch on week end with all you can drink champagne (they had krug or don as one of their option, can't recall)
The waiters seem slow to serve champagne
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by CGRA
I love Tosca and I'm often by myself.
+1. USD100 will get you a very nice lunch.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Smile

Thanks

I would get $100 worth of dim sum at Tin Lung Heen
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some

Thanks
During my single-days or when I´m alone on a business-trip I often took a table for one at all kinds of restaurants. Never had a rroblem, so take the restaurant which is most interesting for you.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

You'll be fine dining for 1 at any restaurant. No one will bat an eyelash.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by hawaiiansports
I would get $100 worth of dim sum at Tin Lung Heen
This! One of my favourite in Hong Kong.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:44 am

Thanks
God, I’ve eaten alone at hotels and other restaurants countless times. I certainly hope I do not stick out like an eyesore
bhrubin likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Thanks all for your replies,

On the day i use the food credit it will be a public holiday in HK, so it seems that the free flow champagne lunch buffet mostly likely will be in action on that day, the idea of a free flow Krug Lunch buffet sets me into an awe of orgasmic feelings!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by halftechie
Does anyone know what kind of wines - names/ brands they serve in the club lounge?

Last month's selections
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:07 am

Anyone else being quoted a price to upgrade to the club level. Got quoted at 2100 HKD + tax. Seems a little steep
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Anyone else being quoted a price to upgrade to the club level. Got quoted at 2100 HKD + tax. Seems a little steep
That was what we paid. It has moved up from 1900 HKD last last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.