Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'll be staying here one night, arriving around 8 pm, departing next day around 1 pm. Is the Club upcharge ($1400 HKD) worth it given the limited number of hours I'll be there?
No point to pay for club access for such a short stay. Only meal you can enjoy is breakfast and the breakfast at their restaurant has better variety.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'll be staying here one night, arriving around 8 pm, departing next day around 1 pm. Is the Club upcharge ($1400 HKD) worth it given the limited number of hours I'll be there?
I'd say no as you're likely to only get in breakfast there and you can have a better one in the restaurant.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I would spend that 1400 HKD at the spa instead--even the waiting rooms are really beautiful--and get cheap dim sum breakfast at a local place. (i.e. Tim Ho Wan, one stop on the MTR in IFC, wake up early to avoid lines)
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
If its a special event, then i might do it. but probably not worth it for that short stay. I will say the view from up there is ridiculous. But i would save your money and spend it in the Michelin star restaurant that is in the hotel!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/china/hong-kong/rooms-suites/club-level
Direct Arrival of the Guest to the Room
Check out services at the Club lounge

Expertly served Tea or Coffee in guest room anytime of the day
for example perhaps if in-room checkin not easily negotiated
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thanks everyone for the input!

Still on the fence, but leaning slightly towards the "not worth it" side. (Though just noticed on the website that the Club is apparently open 24 hours.)
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Thanks everyone for the input!

Still on the fence, but leaning slightly towards the "not worth it" side. (Though just noticed on the website that the Club is apparently open 24 hours.)
They do have some evening snacks or dessert if I recall correctly. I think champagne is free flow throughout the day.

The afternoon tea is good but evening cocktail food nothing much. Both of which you will miss with 8pm check-in time. Breakfast at restaurant is better ( more variety ). Service is quite attentive but highly dependent on the staff on duty ( ie not so consistent ). My last stay the staff was excellent staff but the stay before that not so.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/china/hong-kong/rooms-suites/club-level

for example perhaps if in-room checkin not easily negotiated
When booking through STARs or Virtuoso, usually the duty manager will take you directly to your room and do the signings there.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
When booking through STARs or Virtuoso, usually the duty manager will take you directly to your room and do the signings there.
I didn't get in-room check-in last time and the stay is through Virtuoso. Check-in at counter. Which is not a problem as it's quite fast and no queue. I was given the option to check-in at the club lounge but prefer check-in desk at that time.

I think they offer in-room check-in for guests arriving by hotel limo.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:02 pm

Any good hotel will do in room check in if arriving by hotel car. So, no need to book club level just for that reason alone. A Virtuoso/STARS/FHR booking should also include restaurant breakfast.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BENLEE
I didn't get in-room check-in last time and the stay is through Virtuoso. Check-in at counter. Which is not a problem as it's quite fast and no queue. I was given the option to check-in at the club lounge but prefer check-in desk at that time.

I think they offer in-room check-in for guests arriving by hotel limo.
I guess that part was it. oops.

I think it's something that can be asked for by your agent though. I don't think it's such an unreasonable request especially after a transcontinental flight for some.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:41 am

If booking hotel car for airport transportation, there's no need to negotiate anything. They will check in in room.

For a stay that is too short, or othwrwise if one will not use club benefits sufficiently to justify the cost, I would say just opt for non club level. Spend the money instead on an upgraded room or suite category, use Virtoso/STARS or FHR. The hotel car transfers will supersede the club level check in/check out benefits.

And, of course on a short stay the $100 F&B credit will offset part of a nice meal or bottle of wine via room service or in restaurant.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jul 20, 2017 at 5:49 am
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

they publish "Direct Arrival of the Guest to the Room" for club room bookings

not sure re cost of hotel transfers vs club etc, and negotiating inclusions
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:10 am
kkl

Harbour grand room OR Mountain view suite? Which is preferred
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by kkl
Harbour grand room OR Mountain view suite? Which is preferred
IMO

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.