Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACfly
I have been to both (RC last year and FSHK countless times), and I say the FSHK Club food is much much better and substantial.I will dig up to see if I have pictures.. Breakfast at FSHK has a cook who can prepare food fresh (dont recall seeing this at RC).. Evening service at FS is very substantial: with a lot of hot food, and yes, one can make a meal out of it.

Food was OK at the RC, but not memorable or substantial as the FSHK.. I hate the Nesspresso coffees that they serve at RC Club..
while pics are always great, i think that settles it.
btw - top clubs?
youve been to RC FLL club.
what about RC CP?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
while pics are always great, i think that settles it.
btw - top clubs?
youve been to RC FLL club.
what about RC CP?
Love the RC FLL club. Beautifully designed, fantastic quality food. RC CP wasn't particularly memorable, since the cut the caviar service.

FSHK does beat RC FLL and CP by a mile for it's variety of offerings. It is certainly among the top. Can't say it's the top yet since I usually don't pay much attention to the lounges I visit.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Just completed my stay in a Club Harbor Island Room and was blown away. The staff is incredible, property is stunning but the decorations can be a bit over the top (ie excessive crystals, marble, exotic lighting fixtures) but was still great and wouldn't hesitate to return. I'll have a full report in the coming days (or weeks) but I promise it is forthcoming.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Arrival Experience
Arrived via taxi and was promptly greeted and taken to the Club Lounge on level 116 for a welcome drink while my check-in materials were finalized. About 10 minutes was shown to the room, club concierge insisted on pulling my roll-on and I carried my briefcase.

While the hotel is located in Kowloon atop the International Commerce Center and Elements mall I didn't find the location to be a drawback. The hotel has indoor, air conditioned access to both the MTR and Airport express (5-10 minute walk from 9th floor) and provides a sedan service for Club guests on a complimentary basis. There is a lot of building in the area including the high speed rail link to Guangzhou and Shenzen and it seems there will be more nearby the hotel in a few years.

Club Deluxe Harbour Island Room
Well laid out and tastefully appointed Club Deluxe Harbour Island room. I loved the large desktop area with the comfortable high back chair. The view was stunning and I enjoyed sitting on the window seat and watching the harbour activity from my room. The iPod Classic and JBL dock was a nice touch, there are close to 2500 songs of many genres and artists to enjoy I'm sure you'll find some of your favorites.

Bathroom was also very nice although it would have been nice to also have a TV integrated in the mirror rather than in the tub area. Shower had great pressure and I enjoyed the Asprey amenities. Was surprised they did not provide Bulgari or Acqua di Parma amenities, as is typical in suites and club rooms. Interestingly enough, my club room at the Ritz-Carlton Beijing had the standard Ritz-Carlton amenities too so perhaps it's different in the Asian properties.

Service
It seems to me the staff was on top of their game and took interest in getting to know me and always greeted me by name throughout the entire stay. Club manager Herve was excellent and it shows through the rest of the club staff.

I made use of the hotel sedan provided to club guests free of charge for transportation in the Kowloon area (from the hotel only) which was a great service. Was hoping to get to use the Rolls but got stuck with the S-Class on both occasions.

Fitness Center, Pool, and Spa
Overall very impressed with the fitness center. Technogym equipment with integrated LCD monitors that not only offered the usual TV programing but also offered internet access and a suite of games (matching, sudoku, and many others). The hotel also provides Vitamin Water free of charge which I am yet to see at another RC property.

Swimming pool was great, made use of this several times during my stay. Only had to share the pool on one occasion, otherwise it doesn't seem to get much use especially in the evening hours. There is a neat system of LCD panels that projects Caribbean paradise and Hong Kong skyline images. The outdoor jacuzzi was fun to use at night, there is also an indoor jacuzzi and cold plunge pool.

The Spa is located on the 116th floor adjacent to the Club lounge. I did not avail myself to the spa services but did have a peak at one of the treatments rooms and relaxation areas.

Overall a great stay and will definitely be back next time I am in Hong Kong.

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7366707...7630147981782/
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
pictures of everything EXCEPT enomatic wine machine and alcohol? really?
Made sure to take a photo of the wine machine just for you. Check my Flickr set linked above.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
There is a lot of building in the area including the high speed rail link to Guangzhou and Shenzen and it seems there will be more nearby the hotel in a few years.
Thanks for a great report.

When the train station for the "through trains" to Guangzhou and Shenzen are finished this entire area will explode in popularity (although not everyone will like it).
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Club manager Herve was excellent and it shows through the rest of the club staff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7366707...7630147981782/
great report and 44 pics ^

Made sure to take a photo of the wine machine just for you. Check my Flickr set linked above.
i was just giving luckycoins9876 a hard time because he had 71 pics, of literally everything else.

thanks again ^

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 19, 2012 at 7:47 am
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
I found the club lounge at the four seasons underwhelming to be honest.
It was very quiet when we were there last week.
The fact you can't sit out on the terrace and never will be able to because all it is,is a narrow ledge,is a downer.
The staff were lovely in the club in their own way but they felt military and un personal.
They have no lunchtime presentation.
I noticed unless you asked,your champagne arrived in a warm glass.
Also they were going to pour a different champagne into my half full glass.
The food when out was nice but not exceptional considering the premium.
Of all the club lounges,mostly R-C, that I've been in,the four seasons Hong Kong is the only one I wouldn't bother with again.

Other aspects of that hotel though were great.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by Earthman
I found the club lounge at the four seasons underwhelming to be honest.
I had to reread your post because I was so surprised; then I realized you were talking about the Four Seasons!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 9:58 pm

Wow. What a hotel. I am scheduled at the peninsula for my trip, but it looks like it is worth the change. If you don't mind me asking was your trip for pleasure or business?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Inbound. Anyone been lately? Thanks.

We will be on property shortly. Any new updates? Does the RC have a car for local service comp? Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
We will be on property shortly. Any new updates? Does the RC have a car for local service comp? Thanks.
they have for club guests a rolls and a mercedes benz s class on a comp basis on a restricted radius .
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you. That will work.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:22 am
Used to be hamajicky

Can you use Marriott gift cards at the HK Ritz?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by vincentb89
they have for club guests a rolls and a mercedes benz s class on a comp basis on a restricted radius .
Only on the Kowloon side specifically (unless it has changed since June)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.