Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:28 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I just finished a tour of the Hotel seeing all common spaces, many private spaces and a number of suites. The dining venues and attention to detail are without doubt special. Ozone and health club facilities along with infinity pool with hot and cold soaking tubs. Indoor and outdoor spaces only available to guests are amazing. Ozone is very nice but there are places on the otherside of the floor only for guests. The private dining rooms with seating areas, prep stations and private restrooms speak volumes of what can be done when the market will support such spending.

The ballroom among the largest in Hong Kong next to the Intercontinentals was beautiful. This evening we will dine on 102 at a reserved corner window table with a view of the Island and watch the laser show. Dessert in the Club lounge.

The Club lounge is like nothing you have ever seen in the world. Period. I've been to more than my fair share and it is sorry to use the word again- amazing. The lounge runs the entire side of the building and then some. Very high quality in detail and furniture. The presentations are beautiful and the service / courtesy of the attendents is like the RC in Tokyo. I look forward to the 24/7 of the lounge.

Breakfast 6:30 A to 10:30 A
Light Snacks 11:30 A to 2 P
Afternoon Tea 3 P to 5 P
Hors d'oeuvres 5:30 P to 7:30 P
Dessert 8:30 P to 10:30 P
Late Night Snacks 11 P to 6 A

That is 24/7!

As a Club guest you may bring 2 persons in per visit with $200 HKD charged per presentation.

There is a dress code. Smart casual.

It would be hard for me to believe anyone would be disappointed staying here. Of course there is a price with everything and it does not come inexpensive. Walk around and check out that attention to detail. The art in the halls of rooms floor are actually pictures from street level of HK buildings. The stone work in Ozone. The picture art on the walls by a Japanese artist. The definition of space and privacy accorded in private function dining areas. The views. On and on. This place is a special palette.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:35 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
As we come into the evening I can more appreciate the room and its lighting. The tones are not as dark but yes can use something. The fresh flowers would do it. But there are splashes of color like the bright red hot pot. Medium gold fabric tone of my chair and ottoman. Art on the walls in the entry and near the desk. The grain the the stone which runs half the length of the room as a counter. They did a damn good job. This would be a place if you were going to pay for say the Conrad you would want to pop for some extra dollars to experience this. I would and that is saying alot.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Most HK hotels are very busy and very expensive in January in the time leading up to the new year. So no, the price would probably not decline.
Wow, count me out!! FS or MO will do just fine!
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:59 am

Programs: UA1K
RC Hong Kong is my all-time favorite

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I just finished a tour of the Hotel seeing all common spaces, many private spaces and a number of suites. The dining venues and attention to detail are without doubt special. Ozone and health club facilities along with infinity pool with hot and cold soaking tubs. Indoor and outdoor spaces only available to guests are amazing. Ozone is very nice but there are places on the otherside of the floor only for guests. The private dining rooms with seating areas, prep stations and private restrooms speak volumes of what can be done when the market will support such spending.

The ballroom among the largest in Hong Kong next to the Intercontinentals was beautiful. This evening we will dine on 102 at a reserved corner window table with a view of the Island and watch the laser show. Dessert in the Club lounge.

The Club lounge is like nothing you have ever seen in the world. Period. I've been to more than my fair share and it is sorry to use the word again- amazing. The lounge runs the entire side of the building and then some. Very high quality in detail and furniture. The presentations are beautiful and the service / courtesy of the attendents is like the RC in Tokyo. I look forward to the 24/7 of the lounge.

Breakfast 6:30 A to 10:30 A
Light Snacks 11:30 A to 2 P
Afternoon Tea 3 P to 5 P
Hors d'oeuvres 5:30 P to 7:30 P
Dessert 8:30 P to 10:30 P
Late Night Snacks 11 P to 6 A

That is 24/7!

As a Club guest you may bring 2 persons in per visit with $200 HKD charged per presentation.

There is a dress code. Smart casual.

It would be hard for me to believe anyone would be disappointed staying here. Of course there is a price with everything and it does not come inexpensive. Walk around and check out that attention to detail. The art in the halls of rooms floor are actually pictures from street level of HK buildings. The stone work in Ozone. The picture art on the walls by a Japanese artist. The definition of space and privacy accorded in private function dining areas. The views. On and on. This place is a special palette.
Just a few thoughts as I have just returned from Hong Kong this past Sunday and stayed at both the Conrad and Ritz Carlton. RC was by far the better hotel in terms of accomodations and service. I was upgraded to a junior suite, rom 32 on floor 113 on the southwest corner (same corner as the outdoor hot tub on floor 118) with an incredible view of Hong Kong Island, the harbor, and Lantau Island/sunset.

The entire hotel property is amazing but I did not spend any significant time outside of my room, the club, and the pool area. The hotel is full of art work, including a few nice pieces of art in my room. I had access to the Club, which I highly recommend for just relaxation, comfort, views, food, drinks, and social atmosphere. I spent a lot of time there and stayed until the cleaning crews showed up at 2:30 am. While I wasn't forced to leave (there are plenty of places to sit at 2:00 am), I was ready to return to my room to take a soak in my tub with a television concealed in the surrounding bathrub mirrors.

The pool on floor 118 is magnificent, especially at night when the lighting from the video panels on the back wall and ceiling exude a magic touch. The hot tubs, jacuzzi, and cold plunge pool are illuminated on the outside from inside their respective walls (and, of course, not apparent until it gets dark). The outdoor jacuzzi is just a wonderful place to relax, chat with fellow guests, while affording the best view of Hong Kong Island and the harbor at sunset.

I also stayed at the Conrad HK on this same trip and it doesn't even come close in comparison to Ritz Carlton. In all fairness, I only had a regular room at the Conrad on floor 61 next to the Presidential Suite, so the view was the very best. Yet, the Conrad room seemed a little worn and in need of little TLC, and unfortunately had the smell of cigarette smoke coming from another room through the ventilation system (presumably).

When I return to Hong Kong, I will pay up to stay at the Ritz Carlton with club access. May I add that the club manager, Mr. Herve Yen, was one of the most professional people I've met in all my travels. I am so fortunate to have met him as he really looked after me during my club visits.

I will post a separate TR in the next week with a more thorough review of these luxury properities and a few representative pictures, of which I took hundreds while at both hotels.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by rodjune
Just a few thoughts as I have just returned from Hong Kong this past Sunday and stayed at both the Conrad and Ritz Carlton. RC was by far the better hotel in terms of accomodations and service. I was upgraded to a junior suite, rom 32 on floor 113 on the southwest corner (same corner as the outdoor hot tub on floor 118) with an incredible view of Hong Kong Island, the harbor, and Lantau Island/sunset.

The entire hotel property is amazing but I did not spend any significant time outside of my room, the club, and the pool area. The hotel is full of art work, including a few nice pieces of art in my room. I had access to the Club, which I highly recommend for just relaxation, comfort, views, food, drinks, and social atmosphere. I spent a lot of time there and stayed until the cleaning crews showed up at 2:30 am. While I wasn't forced to leave (there are plenty of places to sit at 2:00 am), I was ready to return to my room to take a soak in my tub with a television concealed in the surrounding bathrub mirrors.

The pool on floor 118 is magnificent, especially at night when the lighting from the video panels on the back wall and ceiling exude a magic touch. The hot tubs, jacuzzi, and cold plunge pool are illuminated on the outside from inside their respective walls (and, of course, not apparent until it gets dark). The outdoor jacuzzi is just a wonderful place to relax, chat with fellow guests, while affording the best view of Hong Kong Island and the harbor at sunset.

I also stayed at the Conrad HK on this same trip and it doesn't even come close in comparison to Ritz Carlton. In all fairness, I only had a regular room at the Conrad on floor 61 next to the Presidential Suite, so the view was the very best. Yet, the Conrad room seemed a little worn and in need of little TLC, and unfortunately had the smell of cigarette smoke coming from another room through the ventilation system (presumably).

When I return to Hong Kong, I will pay up to stay at the Ritz Carlton with club access. May I add that the club manager, Mr. Herve Yen, was one of the most professional people I've met in all my travels. I am so fortunate to have met him as he really looked after me during my club visits.

I will post a separate TR in the next week with a more thorough review of these luxury properities and a few representative pictures, of which I took hundreds while at both hotels.
I totally agree that Hervé Yen is a terrific Club Floor manager. He was one of the best people we met at RC HK.

I don't think you can compare Conrad with RC, as Conrad is not really luxury sector.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:56 am

As a point in regards to my HKG stays did the same. Inbound at Conrad with outbound at Ritz. I am very conservative with our money but if anything in the world deserves it in terms of total comfort it would be the RC HKG and their amazing Club lounge.

I did plan my stay for max time at the Ritz. I also never left the property even to visit Elements. Hope everyone has a chance to try the RC. You can use Marriott points.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 3:19 pm

You can use Marriott points.
How many per night?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 5:27 pm

I believe it is 70,000 per night, though the pay for four, get the fifth free points offer should stand as well.

Considering the hotel offers midweek rates of ~4000HKD = ~$500USD, it's not the best use of points. At that relatively low (for the high-end luxury sector worldwide) price-point, it is probably smarter to book through FHR/Virtuoso/STARS and receive the accordant benefits. Ritzs such as Toronto (40,000 per night at a standard rate of $500) and Georgetown (50,000 per night at a rate of $600-700) off the top of my head are probably better ways to utilize those points.

My feeling is that this hotel has the top award redemption tier due to its iconic status, rather than its rate premiums.

Last edited by nba1017; Aug 5, 2011 at 6:44 pm
Old Aug 5, 2011, 5:59 pm

That is correct. I do not value Marriott points that high versus Hilton, Hyatt and SPG where I have status so using them was a option considered.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
As a point in regards to my HKG stays did the same. Inbound at Conrad with outbound at Ritz. I am very conservative with our money but if anything in the world deserves it in terms of total comfort it would be the RC HKG and their amazing Club lounge.

I did plan my stay for max time at the Ritz. I also never left the property even to visit Elements. Hope everyone has a chance to try the RC. You can use Marriott points.
Hervé Yen is really good, definitely the asset for RC HK.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler; UA-1K; Hilton Lifetime Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; SPG Platinum
Club Access with Marriott Platinum Status?

Does anyone know if there would be club access if you are a Marriott Platinum member using points for the stay? Not sure how benefits for a Marriott Platinum work at a RC. Is there still complimentary internet, etc?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:10 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by PandaHouston
Does anyone know if there would be club access if you are a Marriott Platinum member using points for the stay?
There is no MR elite status entitlement to club lounge access at RC properties. Club access is available for a supplement of HK$1,000.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by francophile
Club access is available for a supplement of HK$1,000.
Just out of curiosity: 1000 HKD per person or per room (double occupancy)? If it is per room it is probably quite good value actually (for this hotel).
Old Sep 5, 2011, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by francophile
There is no MR elite status entitlement to club lounge access at RC properties. Club access is available for a supplement of HK$1,000.
There is no requirement that the hotel offer you Club access as a MR member. However, I've had success as a MR Platinum member making a FHR booking with being extended Club access at Ritz's, particularly when a suite is not available.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went with a colleague for a pre-dinner drink this evening at Ozone (which is on the 118th floor). There were no queues at all for the elevators and all of the staff were extremely curteous. The bar was quite busy however certainly not full. A gin tonic was 140 HKD + service charge so at 154 HKD pretty close to the Pen or the FS.

View was good- although actually I think it is better from the lobby where cars enter (there is a stunning straight off the deck view) and certainly Felix has a better close up feel to it.

As far as service goes- excellent with 3 servers and 4 bartenders working on a Monday night- no waiting and very good follow up.

I don't think I would stay here as the location is just not that convenient unless you are at the ICC (so Morgan Stanley or Credit Suisse I suppose)?

Same reason I don't stay at the W.

Thankfully the RC enforces a sort-of dress code as it is really not nice to see these beautiful locations with shorts and sandals and socks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.