Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:35 pm

Fantastic stay at Ritz Carlton Hong Kong

The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Intl. Commerce Centre, 1 Austin Rd West Kowloon, HK

Fantastic stay at Ritz Carlton Hong Kong (0 Photo)

Stayed at Ritz Carlton Hong Kong in Nov.2015.

My flight arrived at 5:30 am, I did not prebooked any hotels prior arriving to Hong Kong. Just quickly booked with RITZ, was in the moment to splurge. Knowing most hotels won't let you check in before 2pm, went to the hotel to check in to maybe at least drop off luagges first.

Really impressed with their service (stayed at W hotel a week later, never again)

1. Gave me a room at 6 am to stay in without extra charges

2. Asked for few more bottles of water, room service gave me 10

3. free wifi versus $40hkd/hr at W hotel

4. Room is clean and very nice views....at least 90th floor.

5. Ozone bar....highest elevation bar....has spectacular views of harbour

The small incremental in price over W hotel is definitety worth it. The American corporate culture of W hotel is very annoying. Rude front desk. Wifi Fees. Broken door knob

Fantastic stay at Ritz Carlton Hong Kong

Would you like to write a review on the The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Ritz Carlton is from 102nd floor, so 90th floor should be a problem.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:17 pm

haha you are correct, I forgot what floor it started....went with estimate lol
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:51 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by cowcowcafe
I 3. free wifi versus $40hkd/hr at W hotel2.
Wifi is free at all spg hotels and resorts if you book through SPG and are a SPG member.. In addition, per their website, wifi is $115 HKD per day; I haven't seen any hotels that charge by the hour for wifi....

FDW
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Wifi is free at all spg hotels and resorts if you book through SPG and are a SPG member.. In addition, per their website, wifi is $115 HKD per day; I haven't seen any hotels that charge by the hour for wifi....

FDW
well thats what i was quoted and it was on the sign in site too. Maybe different policy in hk?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:11 pm

Self-indulgent, somewhat petty question: I have an overnight layover in hong kong, likely arriving right after the pool is set to close and departing again right after it is set to open. Anyone know if there's any chance it's open outside of the posted hours, or if they are actually strict about that? Would be a blast to swim in the world's tallest swimming pool even briefly, though not to the point of missing a flight to Tokyo.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gutenmorgan
Self-indulgent, somewhat petty question: I have an overnight layover in hong kong, likely arriving right after the pool is set to close and departing again right after it is set to open. Anyone know if there's any chance it's open outside of the posted hours, or if they are actually strict about that? Would be a blast to swim in the world's tallest swimming pool even briefly, though not to the point of missing a flight to Tokyo.
Might want to ask ahead if they'll grant your request. Maybe the director of spa and fitness could help you.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:59 am

No luck, they say it's a firm locked door policy prior to 6. I won't ask again but will see in practice when I arrive if it's just left open and unattended.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Would anyone happen to know the champagne on offer in the club lounge at this property? Anything special?

Just curious.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 12:55 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Would anyone happen to know the champagne on offer in the club lounge at this property? Anything special?

Just curious.
No. As of this week, Moet. I also note that they do not now leave the bottles out for people to help themselves, but the very nice staff will happily bring you what you want.

I have to say that though the hotel is not my first choice in HK, it is a very strong second choice if you can live with Kowloon location, especially if you are at club level. The service on a recent stay was exceptional.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Have a question - Im coming into HK and staying at RC for 1 night before moving on to China.

Thing is I land in HK at 5:15am and by the time I get to the hotel it should be around 7:00-7:30am I assume.

I am coming from NY on a direct 16 hr flight, so If I am not able to check in that early , are there any suggestions where I could go to shower and change? Assume I could use the spa? That my only option?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by elg26
Have a question - Im coming into HK and staying at RC for 1 night before moving on to China.

Thing is I land in HK at 5:15am and by the time I get to the hotel it should be around 7:00-7:30am I assume.

I am coming from NY on a direct 16 hr flight, so If I am not able to check in that early , are there any suggestions where I could go to shower and change? Assume I could use the spa? That my only option?
email the concierge. I bet they can set you up.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by njxbean
email the concierge. I bet they can set you up.
Ahh.....good idea...ill try that.. Thank you
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'll be staying here one night, arriving around 8 pm, departing next day around 1 pm. Is the Club upcharge ($1400 HKD) worth it given the limited number of hours I'll be there?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'll be staying here one night, arriving around 8 pm, departing next day around 1 pm. Is the Club upcharge ($1400 HKD) worth it given the limited number of hours I'll be there?
if you arriving at the hotel at 8 P, rather than HKG and leaving the hotel at 1P, rather flight departure time, then yes.

The breakfast is great and the "light" lunch starts at 11:30A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.