Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page > Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Old Oct 18, 15, 8:51 am
Formerly known as cedricgerald

Originally Posted by njxbean View Post
Trip report. Had an amazing stay on the last leg of my honeymoon. Booked a regular room via points. However, the grand relations officer Nour upgraded us to club level and also decorated our room with roses spelling out happy honeymoon. She even went so far as to find a picture of my and my wife online and frame it with hong kong as the backdrop saying happy honeymoon. We were truly impressed.

Also, we ate Brunch(dum sum) at Tim Lung Heen which was amazing. We had a drink at ozone but we werent very impressed by the bar tbh. The club spread however was pretty solid and the views from the club are ridiculous. All in all great stay!
Glad to hear that
Did you contact them prior to your stay and did they mention a possible upgrade ?

If it was not tour first marriage and she picked up the wrong picture,.....haha
Old Oct 18, 15, 8:53 am

Programs: UA PLT, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by CGRA View Post
Glad to hear that
Did you contact them prior to your stay and did they mention a possible upgrade ?

If it was not tour first marriage and she picked up the wrong picture,.....haha
I reached out a few months earlier asking if there were any amenities for Marriot Platinums and if i could upgrade to club level with points, which they declined. So i was surprised they hooked me up.

And yes that would have been awkward if the wrong picture was used!
Old Oct 18, 15, 8:54 am

Programs: UA PLT, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by grumbler View Post
Hope you also hit the rooftop hot tub !
We checked it out but didnt get to use it.
Old Oct 19, 15, 5:45 pm
Formerly known as cedricgerald

Originally Posted by njxbean View Post
I reached out a few months earlier asking if there were any amenities for Marriot Platinums and if i could upgrade to club level with points, which they declined. So i was surprised they hooked me up.

And yes that would have been awkward if the wrong picture was used!
Thank you for the info
Old Nov 8, 15, 2:34 pm

Marriott Platinum members - do you get any benefits when staying here on points?
Old Nov 11, 15, 1:22 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold, spg gold, hyatt platinum, Amex platinum, FS prefer
I'm not crazy about this hotel. In fact I don't like it. I don't like the location, is very " glitzy" and just not my style IMHO. I do think they have very good dim sum lunch! But I much prefer many other hotels in HK - FS, MO, even Pen and Intercontonental ( ex regent I think has best harbor views) although I preferHK side personally. But just my opinion!
Old Nov 12, 15, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD View Post
Marriott Platinum members - do you get any benefits when staying here on points?
The folks in the Marriott forum will no the answer to this question. My understanding is that Marriott Platinum is equivalent to Ritz-Carlton Platinu, as it is the exact same program just under different branding.
Old Nov 12, 15, 4:38 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; MR, HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
I'm not crazy about this hotel. In fact I don't like it. I don't like the location, is very " glitzy" and just not my style IMHO. I do think they have very good dim sum lunch! But I much prefer many other hotels in HK - FS, MO, even Pen and Intercontonental ( ex regent I think has best harbor views) although I preferHK side personally. But just my opinion!
+1

Those in the know , stay on the island , not Kowloon side .
And if need be , go across by Star Ferry for the view , along with that from the Pen and Intercontonental
Old Nov 12, 15, 9:36 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
I don't like the overbearing decor of this hotel too, trying too much to scream luxury at guests and visitors. But I am more than willing to put up with it due to the lovely panoramic view, the great bathroom and super comfy bed. Also love the club lounge and it is super relaxing to just sip champagne in the evening while lounging by the window. Service has also improved a lot since my last stay nearly 3 years ago. It's now my favourite in Hong Kong, tie with the Landmark MO.
Old Nov 12, 15, 10:25 am

I still intend to try this hotel on club level. Sometimes I like hotels even if I am not wild about the decor etc... Good service and the experience of staying on such a high floor should make it worth a try.
Old Nov 12, 15, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo View Post
I still intend to try this hotel on club level. Sometimes I like hotels even if I am not wild about the decor etc... Good service and the experience of staying on such a high floor should make it worth a try.
It only really works on club level. Otherwise the hustle and bustle of the public spaces drives one crazy. Also probably want at least a corner view room.
Old Nov 13, 15, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by grumbler View Post
It only really works on club level. Otherwise the hustle and bustle of the public spaces drives one crazy. Also probably want at least a corner view room.
That is exactly what I would book, if not a club level suite. At many hotels, perhaps most, that offer a club level I would hesitate to stay without club access.
Old Nov 13, 15, 10:24 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo View Post
At many hotels, perhaps most, that offer a club level I would hesitate to stay without club access.
In general I agree. Never less at some RC properties Club Level is not worth the extra bugs
Old Nov 13, 15, 10:55 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum View Post
In general I agree. Never less at some RC properties Club Level is not worth the extra bugs
in Asia they usually are. Tokyo comes to mind.
Old Nov 13, 15, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
in Asia they usually are. Tokyo comes to mind.
I would never stay at R-C Tokyo without club access unless I were so busy that I would not have any time to spend at the hotel during the day.

Plus, if having a few drinks, afternoon tea, and spa treatments (club guests get spa credit) I am convinced that it actually saves money to stay on the club floors. Plus there's the view from the club lounge on the top floor...

Search this Thread