Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page > Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Old Jul 19, 13, 8:47 am

Fantastic photos! What camera are you using, Benlee?
Old Jul 19, 13, 9:25 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle View Post
Fantastic photos! What camera are you using, Benlee?
Thank you Vuittons! I used a mixture of cameras. The pictures for ICHk and FSHK was taken using a Nikon DSLR. The RCHk photos was taken using my Galaxy note2 camera phone. I was staying at the RC at the tail end of my business trip so didn't want to lug my Camera equipment. Otherwise the photos should turn out much better.
Old Jul 19, 13, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by BENLEE View Post
Thank you Vuittons! I used a mixture of cameras. The pictures for ICHk and FSHK was taken using a Nikon DSLR. The RCHk photos was taken using my Galaxy note2 camera phone. I was staying at the RC at the tail end of my business trip so didn't want to lug my Camera equipment. Otherwise the photos should turn out much better.
Pretty impressive even on the camera phone! You must have a very good eye.
Old Sep 12, 14, 11:32 am
formerly gohima

I have an upcoming stay booked for the RC in a "Club Grand Victoria Harbour Deluxe" room. However, with lukewarm service reviews and with the room costing almost $1,200 USD after tax, Im feeling rather iffy.

I will be in HK for only 26 hours and it will be my first time staying in the city (previous experiences are hanging out in the cabanas at HKG lol). Is this a wise choice or would I be much happier spending way less at the Upper House and going out to a michelin starred dinner with the difference?
Old Sep 12, 14, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Is the RC no longer participating in Amex FHR? Not seeing any availability for several sets of dates this fall.
Old Sep 12, 14, 4:26 pm

Programs: QF Plat
Originally Posted by gohima View Post
I have an upcoming stay booked for the RC in a "Club Grand Victoria Harbour Deluxe" room. However, with lukewarm service reviews and with the room costing almost $1,200 USD after tax, Im feeling rather iffy.

I will be in HK for only 26 hours and it will be my first time staying in the city (previous experiences are hanging out in the cabanas at HKG lol). Is this a wise choice or would I be much happier spending way less at the Upper House and going out to a michelin starred dinner with the difference?
I'd go with the Upper House/restaurant alternative. Hong Kong has such great restaurants it's a shame to limit yourself to the wrong bit of Kowloon. I went to Mott 32, among others, when I was in town last month and really enjoyed it. Fantastic moody oriental/industrial chic located deep in the basement of the Standard Chartered building (don't be put off by the location - it is way cooler than it sounds and the longish descent on a long escalator followed by a staircase that snakes around an amazing light installation creates a clever sense of anticipation) and interesting food that I suppose is best described as modern Cantonese.
Old Sep 12, 14, 9:52 pm

Programs: CX GO, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP. Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz STAR
Michelin starred dinner - will you be by yourself?
Much harder to do Chinese food solo...
Not Michelin starred and also not Chinese but some of my favorite dinners in HK have been at: http://www.lpw.hk

Check it out!
Old Sep 13, 14, 10:02 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I have an upcoming stay booked for the RC in a "Club Grand Victoria Harbour Deluxe"
The Club level is excellent.... lounge is top notch. BUT with the extreme height of the building I think you lose a little of the cache that is the views from kowloon to central. I think those views is what in part makes a first trip to HK special. Trade off, the airport express arrives right at the bottom of the Ritz Tower in Kowloon station
Old Sep 13, 14, 8:02 pm

Would be easy choice for me. Definitely stay at Upper House and splurge on a nice meal. There are so many good restaurants to choose from.
Old Jan 27, 15, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA PLT, Marriott PLT
Booked a room for my honeymoon with reward points. What is the process to upgrade to club level? Is it worth it?
Old Jan 28, 15, 6:39 am
Formerly known as cedricgerald

Originally Posted by njxbean View Post
Booked a room for my honeymoon with reward points. What is the process to upgrade to club level? Is it worth it?
Congratulations !

Same situation last year, I e-mailed the hotel and it was about 100 euros extra

Didn't stay there finally.
Old Feb 17, 15, 1:58 pm

Location: Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C via Boston via New York
up in the air with this property, coming in the Maldives on the early CX flight and leave the following morning to HND, have a room booked at the GH TST, but have enough points for a night here, I'm plat because of my Ritz card and not terribly familiar with any of the benefits, like club access or upgrade(s) if any.
Old Feb 17, 15, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2 View Post
up in the air with this property, coming in the Maldives on the early CX flight and leave the following morning to HND, have a room booked at the GH TST, but have enough points for a night here, I'm plat because of my Ritz card and not terribly familiar with any of the benefits, like club access or upgrade(s) if any.
It's only really worth it if you get club access.
Old Feb 17, 15, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA PLT, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by grumbler View Post
Can you elaborate? Im deciding between upgrading or not.
Old Feb 17, 15, 3:12 pm

Location: Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by grumbler View Post
the room I have booked isn't a club room, but not sure if I get access with Ritz Platinum (I don't think I do) or if they would upgrade me to a club room (again, I don't think they do that)

Search this Thread