Trump Soho Hotel, New York

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trump Soho Hotel, New York

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Blackbook
They will soon announce a refurbishment....

I don't think the hard product is that bad compared to what else is on offer in NYC...

I don't consider the Trump Soho in the same league. Yes, I liked my suite there but unless obligated to be down there, I prefer midtown. The service is typical Trump: a lot of flash but so/so service.
Midtown certainly does have its upsides. Now, on our two (lengthy) stays we were specifically looking to stay in SOHO, so that is obviously an important parameter.

As for Trump service, I have been to Trump Intl. (really worn down now) 4-5 times and the service there was also so-so, but we were apparently lucky when staying at Soho, because it was flawless in our experience. Then again, I also stayed at MO @ Columbus circle and that was a huge disaster (as my two other MO stays in the last 2-3 years), but I understand that a lot of people here are MO fans, and have had great experience, so I guess your mileage may vary.

But lets keep it real, if 4S had a new crisp property in NYC, i'd choose it over Trump Soho in a heartbeat. ;-)

Cheers

M
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:12 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Looks like they are dropping the Trump name given the downturn in business. I can’t seem to find what they will rebrand as... any thoughts? Toronto is going St Regis I think....

fdw
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:12 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Looks like they are dropping the Trump name given the downturn in business. I can’t seem to find what they will rebrand as... any thoughts? Toronto is going St Regis I think....

fdw
My guess is independent/boutique...but I’d love to see another St Regis in NYC or even a Luxury Collection property in that vicinity.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.