Search

Paris Hotels-Help Me Pick

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Paris Hotels-Help Me Pick

Hello, Everyone:

When in Paris, I usually stay at the InterContinental on Rue Scribe (Opera). I have stayed at the Prince de Galles. I want to try something new on my next trip in February, which will be primarily for leisure.

I have heard there are several exceptional boutique hotels (I like modern design and boutiques seem to do in that direction). However, the luxury options are also numerous.

Suggestions?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 6:49 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
The Park Hyatt may be the best choice for you if you like boutique-y hotels which are also in the luxury category. The Park Hyatt is literally down the road from the IC.

In the more classical design the Four Seasons and Meurice are strong contenders as is the Hotel Le Bristol. The art deco rooms at the Plaza Athenee may be an option as well.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:44 pm

why not give the spanking new shangri la paris a try .....??
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
You say that you usually say at the IC Le Grand so I assume you've been collection Priority Club points. You may even be an Ambassador.

Perhaps you'd like to continue collecting PC points at the IC Avenue Marceau:

http://www.ic-marceau.com

It fits your requirement for a boutique hotel with modern design. The location is great if you like high end shopping.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Yes, I am an Ambassador. I have not experienced the Avenue Marceau property yet. It may be worth a try. Thank you for the guidance.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Numerous complaints about very small rooms at the new IC - and, unlike LeGrand, there are almost no large rooms to upgrade you into.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 2:09 pm

When not staying at Le Meurice (i.e when they're not offering any "deals"...taxes and breakfast included in the rate) we love staying at the San Regis. It's a small wonderful luxury hotel in the 8th arr.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:07 am

I know of a couple well recommended boutique hotels in Paris, I've been to a few myself but these are top-notch!
The hotels Villa d'Estrees & Residence des Arts are located in the 6th district just south of the Seine and Notre Dame, these two 4star boutique hotels are very well designed and situated in a great area!
The Ducs d'Anjou is a couple minutes walk from the Louvre and Notre Dame in the 1st district. It has excellent reviews on TA!
hotel Athenee between Blvd Haussmann and Capucines, a great place for shopping and walking the beautiful streets of the Opera district. This is by far my favorite boutique hotel, for it's location and prestation!
You should check TA reviews for the hotels you look at, they usually describe the places very well - and leave no unpleasant surprises!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You might want to consider the recently (re)opened Raffles property in Paris. Also, Hotel Costes (spelling?) is in the same neighborhood as Le Bristol, but has a very different feel. However, the emphasis may be more on style than service.

Do you want to be in the left or right bank? The left bank has a bunch of boutique 4* hotels in the 6th/7th near St Germain des Pres and one larger palace-style 5* hotel that's in FHR. None of these compares to the very top right bank properties as true luxury.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

For a boutique hotel I highly recommend L' Hotel. Fantastic location near St Germain. Very nice and unusual interior, friendly service. Get a junior suite or the rooftop full suite. Do some searches for them. I think you will find them to be not as well known as others but very well thought of. As a note of trivia, Oscar Wilde died there and is said to have remarked before his death "I am dying above my means".
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:43 am

Wink

I can suggest three beautiful hotels I like!
The hotel des Champs Elysees is close to the Champs Elysees (as you could guess!). I has special balneo room, with a balneo bathtub . The decor is amazing!
the hotel Fontaines du Luxembourg is in the Latin Quarter, in the 6th arrondissement. This area is very active, and authentic. The decoration is luxurious, even it's a 3star star .
And I really appreciate the hotel Athenee . It's in the 9th, close to the Opera Garnier and the Place de la Madeleine. The Champs Elysees are not that far . This hotel is very intimist and elegant!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt lifetime Diamond, BA Gold, Amex ?
I love this hotel

http://www.plaza-athenee-paris.com/

The Dorchester group.
I once spent two months in hotels in Paris, I enjoyed the George V, Park Hyatt, Ritz, but felt the most comfortable at Plaza- athenee.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Chairman US Air, four million miles Delta and F.C., Plat Prem Marriott, Marquis Jet," Air America
I am a Ritz fan myself and twice have had drinks and swam with "Ringo"

However, trip advisor really likes Hotel Academis des Arts which has neat art work in every room and they are slightly larger than most. It is in the Latin Quarter.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have stayed at George V.....only hotel I ever stayed in that MARKED in room the direction of Mecca.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 3:33 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by luxury
The Park Hyatt may be the best choice for you if you like boutique-y hotels which are also in the luxury category. The Park Hyatt is literally down the road from the IC.

In the more classical design the Four Seasons and Meurice are strong contenders as is the Hotel Le Bristol. The art deco rooms at the Plaza Athenee may be an option as well.
I would second the Park Hyatt. I've stayed there two or three times with my wife. The interior is very stylish - it's designed by American architect Ed Tuttle who has also designed some of the Aman Resorts. Bathrooms are wonderful, with a unique sort of "waterfall tap" that I haven't seen anywhere else! There's also a fabulous Spa/Hammam which is a great place to unwind after a day of sightseeing in Paris. The hotel has only been open since 2003 so is still in very good shape.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.