Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:58 pm

How does the Andaz compare to the RC? Kind of hesitant to book the RC since my status won't count.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by phant0m
How does the Andaz compare to the RC? Kind of hesitant to book the RC since my status won't count.
views aren’t as great at andaz (marginal though) and you won’t get smothered with service but that’s all made up for with a far superior and newer hard product at the Andaz. Andaz has a great rooftop bar as well
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by United747

WH tweeted Capella yesterday.
USA TV (I didn't notice whether it was CNN or one of the networks that had a picture of the Fullerton building, but it was indeed the Fullerton and not Fullerton Bay or some other hotel) is reporting that Kim wanted to stay in the top suite at the Fullerton. It's not clear where he actually will stay for the summit.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:58 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
USA TV (I didn't notice whether it was CNN or one of the networks that had a picture of the Fullerton building, but it was indeed the Fullerton and not Fullerton Bay or some other hotel) is reporting that Kim wanted to stay in the top suite at the Fullerton. It's not clear where he actually will stay for the summit.
Straits Times alluded to St. Regis for Kim and Shangri-La for Trump.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Well, Queen Elizabeth II picked Raffles.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Shangri La Valley wing used to be the preferred choice of many VIPs due to it being a completely separate building - own driveway, entrance, and even within that wing a separate discrete private lobby lift that can be immediately accessed from the entrance . IIRC just to the left of the main Valley Wing lobby entrance is a separate door that takes you to a separate guest elevator.

Last edited by Kettering Northants QC; Jun 9, 2018 at 6:55 am
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: points traveller
seeking opinions of best pool for a baby/infant.

went to shangri-la at Easter with the little guy and thought that was pretty good - busy, but big enough to walk him around without being splashed.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
seeking opinions of best pool for a baby/infant.

went to shangri-la at Easter with the little guy and thought that was pretty good - busy, but big enough to walk him around without being splashed.
Capella had good public and private pools for our little one.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

interesting seems singapore hotels mostly not blocked (in online reservations) at the moment, capella blocked through fri night, and valley wing blocked through wed night

many reports here of staying at shangri la, even valley wing, during major asian summits

capella also has villas, could ask re child proofing private pools

interesting with kids >
shangri-la.com/singapore/shangrila/rooms-suites/suites/tower-wing/themed-family-suite
rwsentosa.com/en/hotels/ocean-suite/overview
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:32 pm

Singapore hotels can do background checks on guests.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by reigndrop

views aren’t as great at andaz (marginal though) and you won’t get smothered with service but that’s all made up for with a far superior and newer hard product at the Andaz. Andaz has a great rooftop bar as well
I'm very glad to hear that it is nice as I'm staying there in a few days! I've never stayed at the Andaz before. I'll have some room credit too so hope the restaurant is nice, if not that rooftop bar sounds like fun!

I'm also spending a couple of nights at the Conrad but have never stayed there either. Is it is a decent choice at all? (I mostly wanted the view but previously found the MO disappointing for the rate).

Of all the hotels people discuss negatively in recent posts, I think that my biggest disappointment was the Shangri La Valley Wing. I can see how it can be attractive for people who want to spend their entire day drinking "free" Champagne and getting stuffed but I must say that in terms of rooms and even service it was one of my biggest disappointments anywhere. Admittedly, I'm also not that keen on the Orchard St area anyway.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
patina will be single owner within 5 months (then can finally open)
straitstimes.com/singapore/deadlock-broken-on-capitol-singapore-project
straitstimes.com/singapore/iconic-capitol-singapore-sees-light-at-end-of-tunnel-after-feuding-shareholders-settle

raffles website says H2 reopening, perhaps likely towards end of year
Patina is now Kempinski Capitol, opening October 1st.
Reservations are open.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Reservations are open.
It's about time.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:10 pm

But Kempinski? Really?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Reservations are open.
Have been waiting for the Patina to open, holding off booking our next trip accommodation, but I was not expecting Kempinski!

ETA: just tried to book a room for next year (1Q) but there is no availability on any dates I tried.

Last edited by carls888; Jul 12, 2018 at 11:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.