Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Currently at Andaz. Not sure why there’s so much negativity around this hotel—I’m enjoying my stay here. The rooms are a good size (in a studio suite) and the staff are friendly and eager to please.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
The new Six Senses Duxton is opening in about a week. A reason to perhaps be carefully optimistic?

Singapore Luxury Resort in Pacific Island - Six Senses Duxton
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
The new Six Senses Duxton is opening in about a week. A reason to perhaps be carefully optimistic?

Is this a luxury hotel? Took a quick glance. All rooms are shoe-box ( < 30 sqm ). Looks very creepy. And Opium Room? WTH..
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:25 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll

So, so, so bizarre.
Old May 21, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Fullerton Bay - fantastic. Now one of my favourite city/urban hotels. Didn't get to try much F&B unfortunately that would have been nice but everything else is spot on.
Ritz-Carlton Millenia is a bit of a disaster thusfar. To be fair, the staff have been absolutely excellent and the view is AMAZING. Everything is old and badly maintained. The rooms are big but poorly designed, and the furnishings are bulky, old and poorly maintained. The bath has a great view but again, old otherwise. Haven't yet had the chance to check out some of the hotel amenities, but some other things that have gone badly wrong:
  • Was in the room at around 3:45pm trying to have a nap. Loud music blaring. There was an event at 7:00pm so went out for for that, just got back at 10:00. It's now 11:00pm. Music is still blaring. Sounds like a club/party.
  • The TV is at the side of the room, and can't be moved (for watching from the bed - you have to watch at an awkward angle). The TV keeps losing connection, as does the WiFi.
  • The carpet is puke-inducing. Similar to Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong. There is also a very squeaky part on the floor.

Yes, it's an old hotel but even accounting for that all that...
I landed late the first evening and had IHG points to use up so stayed at the new Holiday Inn Express in Clarke Quay the first evening. I think that was preferable to this hotel (bar the tiny rooms there and of course the staff at Ritz being otherwise fantastic). Theres' also a new InterContinental across the street in Clarke Quay that looks nice (albeit it again, very tiny rooms).
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Fullerton Bay - fantastic. Now one of my favourite city/urban hotels. Didn't get to try much F&B unfortunately that would have been nice but everything else is spot on.
Ritz-Carlton Millenia is a bit of a disaster thusfar. To be fair, the staff have been absolutely excellent and the view is AMAZING. Everything is old and badly maintained. The rooms are big but poorly designed, and the furnishings are bulky, old and poorly maintained. The bath has a great view but again, old otherwise. Haven't yet had the chance to check out some of the hotel amenities, but some other things that have gone badly wrong:
  • Was in the room at around 3:45pm trying to have a nap. Loud music blaring. There was an event at 7:00pm so went out for for that, just got back at 10:00. It's now 11:00pm. Music is still blaring. Sounds like a club/party.
  • The TV is at the side of the room, and can't be moved (for watching from the bed - you have to watch at an awkward angle). The TV keeps losing connection, as does the WiFi.
  • The carpet is puke-inducing. Similar to Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong. There is also a very squeaky part on the floor.

Yes, it's an old hotel but even accounting for that all that...
I landed late the first evening and had IHG points to use up so stayed at the new Holiday Inn Express in Clarke Quay the first evening. I think that was preferable to this hotel (bar the tiny rooms there and of course the staff at Ritz being otherwise fantastic). Theres' also a new InterContinental across the street in Clarke Quay that looks nice (albeit it again, very tiny rooms).
I have had a different experience. As a long time and frequent Ritz guest in Singapore ( albeit mostly for business), I tried the Fullerton Bay about 18 months ago. I loved the room and thought the service pretty good, but as I had a room on the bay I heard loud music ricocheting across the water til the wee hours of the night. Not great when you have to work the next day! So I liked the hotel but would not return due to the noise problem. Maybe I'm lucky but I never experienced that at the Ritz in multiple stays. But then I always am on a very high floor corner room, but also facing the bay! I really do wish there were some better options in Singapore. Years ago I stayed in the valley wing at the Shangri-la which was nice in those days. I haven't stayed in years as the location not as convenient for my purposes. I'll be back at the Ritz again in the fall unless I find a better option! I guess I'm lucky I haven't had the noise at the Ritz!
Old May 26, 2018, 12:27 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Larkin
Years ago I stayed in the valley wing at the Shangri-la which was nice in those days. I haven't stayed in years as the location not as convenient for my purposes. I'll be back at the Ritz again in the fall unless I find a better option! I guess I'm lucky I haven't had the noise at the Ritz!
I recommend the St Regis. It’s supposed to be much nicer than the RC and Fullerton Bay. Give it a shot.
Epicura likes this.

Last edited by bhrubin; May 26, 2018 at 12:51 am
Old May 26, 2018, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

i recommend the St Regis. It’s supposed to be much nicer than the RC and Fullerton Bay. Give it a shot.
+1. Had a very nice stay a few years ago.
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Larkin

I have had a different experience. As a long time and frequent Ritz guest in Singapore ( albeit mostly for business), I tried the Fullerton Bay about 18 months ago. I loved the room and thought the service pretty good, but as I had a room on the bay I heard loud music ricocheting across the water til the wee hours of the night. Not great when you have to work the next day! So I liked the hotel but would not return due to the noise problem. Maybe I'm lucky but I never experienced that at the Ritz in multiple stays. But then I always am on a very high floor corner room, but also facing the bay! I really do wish there were some better options in Singapore. Years ago I stayed in the valley wing at the Shangri-la which was nice in those days. I haven't stayed in years as the location not as convenient for my purposes. I'll be back at the Ritz again in the fall unless I find a better option! I guess I'm lucky I haven't had the noise at the Ritz!
I loved the Fullerton Bay - but yes there could be noise issues due to the bars in the vicinity. (Also some privacy issues if you're in the rooms facing Clifford Pier area or opposite side).

To be fair, the noise at the Ritz was only the first night (and didn't hear any noise at Fullerton Bay).
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:00 am
Suspended

As per my personal opinion Hotel G Singapore is a good hotel in Singapore to stay. I have been visiting this hotel with my family last year. The place was beautiful and the staff was really nice and helpful. Our room was also equipped with all the amenities we would need. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Four Seasons Hotel Singapore

Map| 4 Reviews | 75% Recommended

190 Orchard Boulevard Singapore, SG 248646

Four Seasons Hotel Singapore (0 Photo)

Just spent 16 nights in a Boulevard room.  Overall, after the renovation, this is clearly one of the best choices in Singapore.  With the spectacular service, it is clearly superior to the Ritz Carlton / JW Marriott / Tang Plaza / Hilton / Fairmont / Sofitel / Marina Bay Sands (all of which I have stayed at).

Only complaint: they promised a room upgrade based upon availability.  Upon check-in, no room upgrade offered (even after asking), even though the web site showed availability.

Room

The renovated rooms are very nice indeed.  Very airy; nice furniture; all the outlets you could need; great TV.  One downside: limited closet space, so I had to leave a few items in my suitcase.

Service

Absolutely spectacular.  They immediately learnt my preferences, and after that anticipated all my needs (e.g., immediately bring cappuccino at breakfast, or peach tea & fruit by the pool).

And they were very fast, e.g., I would leave shoes outside your room, and even without calling them, I would receive them freshly shined within an hour.

The complimentary exercise clothing & running shoes really help reduce the amount of packing required for a long trip.

Dining

Great breakfast: Western, Indian, and local buffet, with some Japanese dishes.

Can't speak to dinner--mostly ate outside.

Two blocks to the shops & metro.  But it feels much more peaceful than, say, the Tang Plaza.  And it's a quick jog to the Botanic Gardens.

You will have to allow 20 minutes for the taxi ride to the downtown core.  Then again, I would not want to stay in the core--gets really boring after the business day is over.

Would you like to write a review on the Four Seasons Hotel Singapore?

No, thank you.
Yes
vuittonsofstyle and 0bsidian like this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So which hotel on Sentosa will host the USA/North Korea summit?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So which hotel on Sentosa will host the USA/North Korea summit?
WH tweeted Capella yesterday.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlackHappy
Currently at Andaz. Not sure why there’s so much negativity around this hotel—I’m enjoying my stay here. The rooms are a good size (in a studio suite) and the staff are friendly and eager to please.
conpletely agree. Was upgraded to a suite and it had awesome views.

seperately for Four Seasons, are all rooms renovated or just a subset?
BlackHappy likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:26 am
Suspended

Marina Bay Sands is really a amazing hotel to stay in Singapore. I visited in this hotel last year with my family and i'm so impressed with the architectural design of this hotel. The rooms, the decor, the pool on the rooftop is amazing. I had the best experience ever, I had good experience of many luxury hotels, but this is above all as it has everything inside it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.