Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:59 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
I still think the MO has one of the best pool views in the city maybe even better than MBS if you want to actually get a view of the MBS....rooms do need a refresh, though.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
I still think the MO has one of the best pool views in the city maybe even better than MBS if you want to actually get a view of the MBS....rooms do need a refresh, though.
Have you been to the pool at the Fullerton bay? Amazing.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:20 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by m3red
Have you been to the pool at the Fullerton bay? Amazing.
I've been to the property before (didn't stay the night) and it does look nice. 2 clients of mine prefers it over MO (and everything else) but I just have to be extra careful that I booked Fullerton BAY and not Fullerton
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I've been to the property before (didn't stay the night) and it does look nice. 2 clients of mine prefers it over MO (and everything else) but I just have to be extra careful that I booked Fullerton BAY and not Fullerton
I prefered the FB to the MO, the pool area is really nice and its in a good location.

The lobby of the MO is quite strange, like a prison!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:17 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by m3red
I prefered the FB to the MO, the pool area is really nice and its in a good location.

The lobby of the MO is quite strange, like a prison!
I can't disagree regarding the lobby and the rooms really do need a refresh.

But IMHO the luxury hotel scene as a whole is really sub par for a city like Singapore.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:19 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
I think Fullerton Bay is far and away the best hotel in that city.

I do agree that the views from MO are very nice - but the whole place needs a refresh as you said.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:29 pm

But IMHO the luxury hotel scene as a whole is really sub par for a city like Singapore.
Why is this the case, Singapore is likely one of the most global cities in the world
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:35 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by SocialAdept
Why is this the case, Singapore is likely one of the most global cities in the world
I think that was my point as well.

You'd think Singapore would have a similar hotel scene as Hong Kong or Tokyo...
Old Nov 5, 2016, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
Because you can't live in Singapore on a cheap salary. Hotels don't pay very much. Unlike Hong Kong or Tokyo, Singapore workers cannot easily live out in cheaper suburbs and take the train in to the city. It's an island nation.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Didn't want to start new thread, the hotels I need advice are not really luxury but hopefully someone will be able to help.
I am holding few booking and really can't decide which hotel to choose. Location is not that important as we love to walk... the important things are views, quality of room and lounge (all rooms booked have access to the lounge). Due to discounts/contracts etc... it has to be one of these hotels, prices for the last 3 are very similar.
Which one would you go for:

1. Grand Hyatt - Grand Club Room (20% more than the other 3)
2. Novotel Clarke Quay - Premier Suite
3. One Farrer - Skyline Room
4. Hilton - King Hilton Executive Room

Thank you.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lehovec
Didn't want to start new thread, the hotels I need advice are not really luxury but hopefully someone will be able to help.
I am holding few booking and really can't decide which hotel to choose. Location is not that important as we love to walk... the important things are views, quality of room and lounge (all rooms booked have access to the lounge). Due to discounts/contracts etc... it has to be one of these hotels, prices for the last 3 are very similar.
Which one would you go for:

1. Grand Hyatt - Grand Club Room (20% more than the other 3)
2. Novotel Clarke Quay - Premier Suite
3. One Farrer - Skyline Room
4. Hilton - King Hilton Executive Room
You are right they aren't luxury, thus you'd probably get a better response in the Singapore forum, or do a search there to see if anyone has posted a similar thread.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Because you can't live in Singapore on a cheap salary. Hotels don't pay very much. Unlike Hong Kong or Tokyo, Singapore workers cannot easily live out in cheaper suburbs and take the train in to the city. It's an island nation.
Makes sense, so it's mainly about the soft product. I haven't been to Singapore for a while so I haven't kept up.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Are the MO's rooms really that dated? I thought they were fine when I stayed last year:

Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:31 am
formerly htang333

[QUOTE=shuigao;27451972]Are the MO's rooms really that dated? I thought they were fine when I stayed last year:

While I loved the pool at MO...I felt as if I was in a less elegant version of Park Hyatt Tokyo...so yes, it felt very dated to me. Especially the bathrooms.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While I loved the pool at MO...I felt as if I was in a less elegant version of Park Hyatt Tokyo...so yes, it felt very dated to me. Especially the bathrooms.
Well the PHT has been, for at least a couple of decades now, one of the best business hotels in the world. In the 90's and early 2000's it was always ranked number 1 worldwide. That's a pretty high bar to reach for a Singapore hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.