Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:59 am

If you're travelling with kids then I recommend the SL, as there's a very good pool to keep them amused - all day!
The Valley wing is excellent, with helpful and pleasant staff (and its own entrance).
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by spylaw4
If you're travelling with kids then I recommend the SL, as there's a very good pool to keep them amused - all day!
The Valley wing is excellent, with helpful and pleasant staff (and its own entrance).
+1
Friends with 3 kids including teens really enjoyed the Valley Wing , both suites & rooms
Pity that the " high tea " standard at Roae Verandah has dropped , compared to > 5 years ago . If you have not tried before you won ' t know the change in spread or service .
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:56 pm

So.

We usually stay at the RC. Just had an email a few days before going to say that the pool is closed and you have to use the Conrad. Bit annoyed at the late notice

Where else shall we consider? been going to the RC for 20 years. Have stayed at Intercontinental (Nice lounge, noisy rooms, poor pool) , Conrad (ok but pretty bland but cheap) and MO (club lounge was like a feeding time at the zoo, ran out of food, really rude pushy guests in lounge, room was damp and toiletries were 2nd hand, I was gashed on a chair- hotel did nothing and 6 years later I still bear the scars so not keen to go back but would if the view was that it is worth it)

We usually have a club suite and would like a club lounge I think.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
MO (club lounge was like a feeding time at the zoo, ran out of food, really rude pushy guests in lounge, room was damp and toiletries were 2nd hand, I was gashed on a chair- hotel did nothing and 6 years later I still bear the scars so not keen to go back but would if the view was that it is worth it)
I had a terrible, but very short stay at the MO. I remain puzzled why this place gets good reviews from some quarters here. I hated it. (And the lobby makes me retch.) At least you got into the lounge -- they wouldn't even let me in due to a dress code violation.

The SL is OK, but I'm not as enamored with the Valley Wing as others here. I prefer a patio that has furniture and the Valley Wing rooms lack patios.

My last stay was at the Pan Pacific just behind the RC. You might try that as it was pretty good at 50% the cost. They do have a lounge (which is good), and a pool. And, unlike the MO, the patios have FUNITURE.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 5:18 pm

I agree about the MO. We were not allowed to use the lounge because we have children. The lobby is a strange layout and I do not like the location.
That said, the suite we had was beautiful and the staff were all very attentive and helpful. The pool area was nice too, but not the best I have experienced.

Thanks for the recommendations for the SL. I will check it out as we have just booked our flights so now have confirmed dates.

Does anyone know a good private car company in Singapore as we are going to Legoland from here and the hotel cars do not seem keen to travel that far. (this may be off topic...please delete if it is)
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
So.

We usually stay at the RC. Just had an email a few days before going to say that the pool is closed and you have to use the Conrad. Bit annoyed at the late notice

Where else shall we consider? been going to the RC for 20 years. Have stayed at Intercontinental (Nice lounge, noisy rooms, poor pool) , Conrad (ok but pretty bland but cheap) and MO (club lounge was like a feeding time at the zoo, ran out of food, really rude pushy guests in lounge, room was damp and toiletries were 2nd hand, I was gashed on a chair- hotel did nothing and 6 years later I still bear the scars so not keen to go back but would if the view was that it is worth it)

We usually have a club suite and would like a club lounge I think.
We stayed at the MO - nice room but the lobby is like a prison!

We went back a few weeks later and stayed at the Fullerton Bay. I'd definitely recommend that hotel ^
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by carls888
Does anyone know a good private car company in Singapore as we are going to Legoland from here and the hotel cars do not seem keen to travel that far. (this may be off topic...please delete if it is)
While I'm sure there are several private car companies, I can tell you that Uber works well in SG and they have vehicles in all sizes. In fact I think that nowadays most all the private car companies also work with Uber.

As for the MO, we all have our experiences. Personally I love it.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
While I'm sure there are several private car companies, I can tell you that Uber works well in SG and they have vehicles in all sizes. In fact I think that nowadays most all the private car companies also work with Uber.
Would you consider Uber even as an option for transfer from the airport? Last time I was in SIN the app hadn't really got off the ground.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SocialAdept
Would you consider Uber even as an option for transfer from the airport? Last time I was in SIN the app hadn't really got off the ground.
I don't know about the airport, but I used Uber around town a lot this summer. Also out to the Night Zoo and back. At the airport it's so easy to get a taxi or a limo. Or of course as this is the luxury hotel thread you can have the hotel limo pick you up.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Uber is way cheaper than cabs, plus you'll avoid the taxi queues at Changi. Uber is definitely the way to go, especially with the current price war with Grab.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:30 pm

Ok. hard to find another option. The Fullerton Bay is full. I can get the fullerton- is that any good? Very hacked off with the RC.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:54 pm

Ok. hard to find another option. The Fullerton Bay is full. I can get the fullerton- is that any good? Very hacked off with the RC.
No, but I didn't like Fullerton Bay either. Is Raffles open or are they closed for a MUCH NEEDED renovation? St Regis might work. That didn't suck too much, but the pool isn't so keen. You might just slum it a MBS. MBS certainly has a pool. You'd share it with a large percentage of the free world ...

Off topic: Anybody wanna start a pool to guess the nearest year that Patina will open (if ever)?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
No, but I didn't like Fullerton Bay either. Is Raffles open or are they closed for a MUCH NEEDED renovation? St Regis might work. That didn't suck too much, but the pool isn't so keen.
St. Regis is waaay down the list. And it's not because of their pool. See the master thread. The IC is better. And of course the MO, FS, SL, etc.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
St. Regis is waaay down the list. And it's not because of their pool. See the master thread. The IC is better. And of course the MO, FS, SL, etc.
StR was better than FS and much better than MO. Has StR gone downhill?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
StR was better than FS and much better than MO. Has StR gone downhill?
A St. Regis Suite is a pretty good room. But the breakfast is worse than a Holiday Inn. Horrible service and according to many reports here over the last few years it is endemic. It appears they can't get good staff, which is an overall Singapore problem. The bar is good at night, I'll say that at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.