Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Denver --- Review from the opening ….

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Denver --- Review from the opening ….

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by BowdoinBoy
There was a DJ (which in this day and age means a guy with a laptop plugged in) playing overly-loud music in the bar ... and it was a total mishmash of music (e.g. no theme). The two large TVs above the bar were on, one playing sports. All in all I was confused as to what, exactly, they were going after in terms of theme or vibe: Sports bar? Club? Sleek urban cocktail lounge?

Sounds like W Hotel, not a Four Seasons.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
[QUOTE=Shangri-La;14995926]What about the other new hotel in the town, Ritz-Carlton?

We have stayed at the Ritz in Denver and thought it was very nice. The service was cheerful if a bit spotty, but the rooms pleasant, beds comfortable and over all a good experience. There is no view however and I personally like to see the front range of the Rockies.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
[QUOTE=Bruiser;15143997]
Originally Posted by Shangri-La
What about the other new hotel in the town, Ritz-Carlton?

We have stayed at the Ritz in Denver and thought it was very nice. The service was cheerful if a bit spotty, but the rooms pleasant, beds comfortable and over all a good experience. There is no view however and I personally like to see the front range of the Rockies.
Quick review of RC DEN:
Front door- a fleet of staff at all times whipping open the door and dropping my name. No problems here
Front desk- again, very good. fast, nice upgrade, friendly
room- 1BR suite spacious and well furnished and not a cookie-cutter layout. 1.0 baths, would prefer 1.5 of course. Great little Nespresso machine blows away the single cup contraptions.
Restaurant- the hotel itself is a little over-Elwayed...but the restaurant was nice. Breakfast was solid.

No major complaints and generally better than par. Would return without thinking twice.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Any recent stays here? How has this property matured?

Is there a clear better choice between FS and RC in Denver?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LM225
Any recent stays here? How has this property matured?

Is there a clear better choice between FS and RC in Denver?
Negative, but I get above-average (and/or GOOD) feedback from the RC...

It's interesting that the FS isn't part of Virtuoso - when almost every other FS is.....I wonder what's up with that.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Negative, but I get above-average (and/or GOOD) feedback from the RC...

It's interesting that the FS isn't part of Virtuoso - when almost every other FS is.....I wonder what's up with that.
Thanks. Agree, that's pretty odd.

Do you know, off-hand, what the STARS benefit is at the RC? Looks like it's a property credit for FHR, but a spa credit for Virtuoso.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
But FS Den is part of FSPP, so I'm not sure it matters. I've not been to the RC, but I have been back to the FS Den several times after the opening. It is very solid, but I was disappointed they got rid of the sushi at the lobby bar. F&B is pretty good.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:11 pm
Suspended

@LM225: not sure right now - on my cell so easier said than done. Will know when I get back to Trump

@Mike: I think it matters beyond amenities (I'm FSPP, but I'm still wondering what's keeping this particular FS from being Virtuoso)
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:15 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I think it matters beyond amenities (I'm FSPP, but I'm still wondering what's keeping this particular FS from being Virtuoso)
The decision to spend marketing dollars elsewhere is a pretty sure bet....
Old May 27, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Neither?

Bleh, I was at both the Denver Four Seasons and Denver Ritz-Carlton in the last two weeks. A loud party (past 2:00 a.m.) at the Four Seasons woke us up. I called the front desk, and they did send security to do whatever they do. But the sleep disruption was done.

The Ritz-Carlton - how is this rebadged Embassy Suites now a Ritz-Carlton? The suite reeked of cleaning products. We were told no other suites were available. The bellman agreed the aroma was intolerable and did an athletic hop over a couch to jump on an interior ledge and open a window. It was appreciated, yet an uncomfortably cold night.

I'd give the Four Seasons another chance due to the fact that a loud party may have been an uncommon random unforeseen event, and they responded. But the Ritz-Carlton did almost nothing for a problem they created, nor offer any remedies or compensation.

In terms of hard product and restaurant (tried both Edge and Elway's), FS is easily the winner in both categories.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry
Bleh, I was at both the Denver Four Seasons and Denver Ritz-Carlton in the last two weeks. A loud party (past 2:00 a.m.) at the Four Seasons woke us up. I called the front desk, and they did send security to do whatever they do. But the sleep disruption was done.

The Ritz-Carlton - how is this rebadged Embassy Suites now a Ritz-Carlton? The suite reeked of cleaning products. We were told no other suites were available. The bellman agreed the aroma was intolerable and did an athletic hop over a couch to jump on an interior ledge and open a window. It was appreciated, yet an uncomfortably cold night.

I'd give the Four Seasons another chance due to the fact that a loud party may have been an uncommon random unforeseen event, and they responded. But the Ritz-Carlton did almost nothing for a problem they created, nor offer any remedies or compensation.

In terms of hard product and restaurant (tried both Edge and Elway's), FS is easily the winner in both categories.
Thanks for the short rewviw. I tend to book the FS if I will be in Denver. Last time I checked rates I found the FS really expensive compared to the past. Not sure if 4 figure rates are justified
Old May 27, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: A bunch
We stayed at the four seasons 2 yrs ago and enjoyed it. Have not stayed at the ritz though. He is our review and corner room walk through:

http://pointspinnacle.com/2013/11/02...denver-part-1/

Sorry the photo quality was iphone 4 back then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.