Reload this Page >

Amanyara (Turks and Caicos)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanyara (Turks and Caicos)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
We were looking at amanyara for this summer and wondering what the weather is typically like at that time as well as your recent experiences there. Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:12 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Hot and humid. But that is no worry because you have the relief of the pool and ocean. The bigger problem is the possibility of a hurricane but I like to think that Yara would allow you to postpone your trip without losing a downpayment.

We were there last year over the 4th of July. Not bad. It is certainly a better value than going during high season.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
How big are the Pool Pavilions? I can't seem to find a picture of the interior.

We are going next week with our 9 month old and are wondering if we should take a villa instead
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:15 pm

All the pavillions are of the same size. I think the interiors are hard to share as there is only one lounge chair to sit in and one desk chair so you end up using the bed. Its very roomy when the doors are all open and you use the outside areas but it may be to hot when you go.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by zigzag
All the pavillions are of the same size. I think the interiors are hard to share as there is only one lounge chair to sit in and one desk chair so you end up using the bed. Its very roomy when the doors are all open and you use the outside areas but it may be to hot when you go.
So no indoor living area?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:55 am

Look at the Amanresorts website. The rooms look just like the pictures.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 2:22 pm

Just completed a stay at Amanyara in a Pool Pavilion and wanted to report back.

We flew American Airlines from JFK and were very impressed by the Business Class on the re-fitted 757. Although service on AA is awful, having nearly flat seats for a 3 hour flight was a really pleasant surprise.

The Drive to Amanyara (in a Land Rover) was rather nauseating as the last 10-15 minutes are off-road. What surprised us the most was how unremarkable the area is. There is absolutely nothing nearby and at least twice during the ride over we questioned whether we were headed to the right place

Upon arrival we were greeted by Marco and the rest of the staff and given a quick tour of the property before being shown to our Pool Pavilion. Having visited many Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental resorts (mostly in Asia) this was our first Aman experience and suffice to say, we were not disappointed.

Our Pool Pavilion was not one of the bigger rooms we've ever had but was tremendous where it counted. The 40 foot long pool was always comfortable and the yard surrounding it beautifully designed and furnished. Having a private pool which was larger than the main pool at some resorts was a nice surprise. Even during the half hour or so a day of rain, we were able to sit below the under hang and enjoy the view. There are electronic shades and shutters and combined with the sliding doors the entire room opens up to the outside. Air Conditioning is fantastic and there is a ceiling fan that keeps the room cool even when all of the doors are open. There are his & hers sinks as well as a large free standing tub. Best part was the all-inclusive mini-bar which was constantly stocked (at least twice a day) with whatever we requested. The maid service was constant and any time we left our room we came back to find it had been straightened up.

The real highlight of the stay for us was The Beach which was as nice as any we'd ever seen, including the Maldives. Although the snorkeling was not as advertised (we saw a total of 5 fish when we went out) the water was crystal clear and extremely calm which made for great swimming. Not sure how high the occupancy was at the time, but we never had a problem getting chairs no matter what time we arrived. Our only complaint about the beach was that the chairs weren't the most comfortable though better towel positioning by the attendants could have improved it.There were several non-motorized boating options available and the attendants managed to persuade lots of the guests to take out the Paddle Boards and Kayaks.

The Main Pool was almost always deserted and its location right next to the bar made for fantastic drink service. There were several free sample drinks offered throughout the day most which were very enjoyable. Prices at the bar and restaurant were at 7 star prices but that was of course expected. Our quick trip to the Spa was good but not extremely impressive although we are used to Asia so we have high standards.

Most impressive about Amanyara was the personalized Service . No detail was missed and every request we had was fulfilled whether small or large. It seems that a lot of the staff at Amanyara is foreign (mostly Asian) and had real experience. At least 3 times a day we were approached by a manager asking how our stay was and if they could enhance our stay in any way possible. We will definitely be back at Amanyara and are already planning a trip to some the Asian Amans for January.

Here are a couple of pictures we took:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/img9311g.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/img9554x.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/image31ec.jpg/

Last edited by damaxer91; Aug 19, 2011 at 2:29 pm
Old Aug 20, 2011, 5:27 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Yara (and T&C) is really known for it's deeper wall dives, not snorkeling. Beautiful water though.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:30 am

Could you post a picture of the pool with your room. Trying to decide if the room with the small privite beach is better then the pool rooms. I stayed once before so know all rooms are the same. When I hear you say the main pool was empty it makes we think of all the times at Amanjiwo and Kila that we had the public pool all to ourselves. Bliss!
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 pics on site, different layouts >
http://www.amanresorts.com/uploadedI...ilion1_236.jpg
http://www.amanresorts.com/uploadedI...ilion2_236.jpg
Old Aug 20, 2011, 6:57 pm

Could you post a picture of the pool with your room. Trying to decide if the room with the small privite beach is better then the pool rooms. I stayed once before so know all rooms are the same. When I hear you say the main pool was empty it makes we think of all the times at Amanjiwo and Kila that we had the public pool all to ourselves. Bliss!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/pic3cx.jpg/
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:18 pm

Looks great, nice touch with the stairs into the pool. Did they do away with the ponds? These rooms used to have a deck that hung over a man made pond. How large was the lawn on the otherside of the pool and what was the view of? Amazing and a lttle weird they would have a lawn with such little rain fall in the area. Thank you for posting the picture its much better then the website. Thanks Kage!
Old Aug 21, 2011, 7:00 am

Looks great, nice touch with the stairs into the pool. Did they do away with the ponds? These rooms used to have a deck that hung over a man made pond. How large was the lawn on the otherside of the pool and what was the view of? Amazing and a lttle weird they would have a lawn with such little rain fall in the area. Thank you for posting the picture its much better then the website. Thanks Kage!
The lawn is about 15x60 and has a view of the brush in front of the pond. From some parts of the yard and pool you can see directly into the pond. The grass is a funny-feeling kind of synthetic grass and there are sprinklers that go on throughout the day
Old Aug 21, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
They still have pond pavillions - I like the oceanview pavillions the best... The pool is never crowded so it's not a big deal to go there.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:54 pm

Is it possible to have a ocean view pool pavilion?
Thanks for the report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.