Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel in Stockholm?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 6:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
so has someone on FT actually been to Bank Hotel? points redemptions with Hyatt not bad 20k points considering cash rates during the summer and I am not opposed to trying an SLH property
Old May 19, 2019, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by scented
Interesting you are a fan, Mike, considering your usual high standards!

“In the Valley of the Blind...”?

Old May 20, 2019, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
so has someone on FT actually been to Bank Hotel? points redemptions with Hyatt not bad 20k points considering cash rates during the summer and I am not opposed to trying an SLH property
Just finished a stay at the Bank last week. Location is excellent. right next to a park and the subway, close to lots of shopping, easy access to the old town and to the city center. Maybe two blocks from the Grand and Lydmar. Not on the water though so no views, unlike the Grand and Lydmar.

We booked an elegant standard room on points (which are indeed a good deal). Were upgraded one category as a WOH member to Elegant Double room. Definitely a mix of room categories and it looked like some of the rooms had balconies as well. My guess is ~100 rooms total. They acknowledged the hyatt membership but i wouldn't count on it being worth more than the stated one-category upgrade. Room felt new with comfortable bed, nice bathroom with great shower head and water pressure. The better half was not a fan of carpet. Room was smallish but I've read a common occurrance for Scandinavia.and was not unacceptably small. Single vanity in the bathroom with only standalone shower. Was not a fan of the toiletries. Too perfumy. Didn't get turndown first night but did get second two nights.

Property was very boutiquy. Small lobby with a restaurant next to the lobby where breakfast was served. We received complimentary breakfast having booked through hyatt as WOH members. Decent buffet spread along with a variety of cooked to order hot dishes. Three bars on property. One on either side of reception and one that just opened on Friday that is on the top floor with significant outdoor space. One of the ground floor bars seemed dead. The other was quite busy all three nights with a good soundtrack and cocktails. We went to the rooftop within minutes of it opening and it got quite crowded and was understaffed as a result. Hopefully just first day growing pains. The bar was not nearly as crowded as the outdoor bar in front of the Lydmar though for happy hour. There is no spa and i did not go to the gym.

Service seemed attentive but we are, shall i say, very low maintenance for this forum. No concierge but the front desk folks were happy to make calls for dinner bookings. Their one suggestion for dinner was wide of the mark relative to other restaurants we had mentioned to them. Luckily we didn't go with their suggestion. Most of the staff recognized us when we interacted with them. The front desk called after we got up to our room to ask what we thought of the room and to offer up a late check-out (which is also part of the hyatt partnership, based on availability).

Overall, not true luxury. But unclear that exists in Stockholm. Given the location and the ability to use hyatt points, the hotel worked very well for us and we did not regret choosing it over paying cash for the grand or the lydmar. Even cash vs cash i don't think we would have chosen the grand given it is so big and seemed rather old school. Don't know much about the Lydmar but friends of ours who live in SF but are from stockholm and go at least once a year usually stay at the Lydmar. They are looking forward to trying the Bank this summer instead. FWIW, their view was Nobis is one notch down.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:29 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by boolean64
Just finished a stay at the Bank last week. Location is excellent. right next to a park and the subway, close to lots of shopping, easy access to the old town and to the city center. Maybe two blocks from the Grand and Lydmar. Not on the water though so no views, unlike the Grand and Lydmar.

We booked an elegant standard room on points (which are indeed a good deal).
Thanks for the feedback! I might give it a shot with points then.
Old May 24, 2019, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I am a fan of the Stockholm Grand Hotel. They tend not to upgrade much, so it’s particularly important to book at least the minimum category one is happy with. The spa is very good.
2/2 with upgrades in the last 6 months. Maybe they're turning over a new leaf.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
For my humble opinion nothing beats the Grand hotel Stockholm. Great location for business or pleasure.
Old May 27, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by Larkin
For my humble opinion nothing beats the Grand hotel Stockholm. Great location for business or pleasure.
The rooms are brutally out of date - have you tried the Lydmar next door ?
Old May 28, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Originally Posted by grumbler
have not tried the Lydmar but had a beautiful renovated suite on my last stay at the Grand and yes the hotel is old, but the suite was beautifully done with all the modern amenities, and a lovely view of the harbor. Maybe I’ll try the Lydmar next time, but I honestly was quite happy with the Grand despite its age.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Would have agreed a few years ago but the rooms i've had my last two stays were not dated at all. Perhaps they've done a refresh since your last stop.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Would have agreed a few years ago but the rooms i've had my last two stays were not dated at all. Perhaps they've done a refresh since your last stop.
Or I keep drawing the old rooms.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Or I keep drawing the old rooms.
Request #612 or 613 next time. I've been pleased with my stays in those!
Old Aug 6, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Finished my third visit to Stockholm last week. The first two trips we stayed at the Grand, but opted for the Bank Hotel this trip as I had my college age son with me. The Bank did not disappoint and I prefer it over the Grand. As noted previously, the location is excellent, but the staff, quietness of the room and roof-top bar really made our stay. Everyone we encountered from housekeeping, breakfast staff to bartenders went beyond to make us feel welcome and recommended restaurants and sights to see. The staff truly wanted us to enjoy their Stockholm!

I booked a basic room for our 7 night stay and when I requested a rollaway bed, they offered to upgrade us for 60 Euros to an Elegant Exceptional room. The upgrade was certainly worth the money and we had plenty of space given the rollaway. The room had a large bank of windows (no pun intended) in the historical part of the hotel facing the street. Though it was a bit warm during our visit, with the windows open and fan on we managed to be comfortable at night. I was also pleasantly surprised we never once heard any noise from the adjoining rooms and given we abutted the elevator there was no notice of it.

The rooftop bar is simply stunning both in view and decor. We found if you sat outside you were too low to enjoy the view. However, if you sat inside at the bar you had sweeping vistas to enjoy. The other nice thing about the roof-top bar is that the locals frequent it and are often eager to engage with visitors.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
They priced the upgrade at The Bank hotel in Euros, or was that a 600 SEK upgrade? Did they happen to mention any available offer/upgrade prices for any of their terrace suites?
Old Sep 11, 2022, 12:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
Any recommendations on where to stay with a 3 year old?
Old May 23, 2023, 7:25 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by GUWonder
They priced the upgrade at The Bank hotel in Euros, or was that a 600 SEK upgrade? Did they happen to mention any available offer/upgrade prices for any of their terrace suites?
Sorry I missed this last year. It was 600 SEK to upgrade. No other room choices were offered to upgrade to. I am a Globalist and that didn't seem to matter at all. Am looking at returning in August, as we really enjoyed our stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.