Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best hotel in Stockholm?

Best hotel in Stockholm?

Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:49 pm

The spa and restaurants are widely visited by non-hotel stayers, they are not limited to the same small pool of customers that the hotel have.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:05 pm

I cannot follow your logic, as the hotel-operated restaurants also serve outside guests -- where is the difference? Some of the worst service I experienced was actually in the restaurants (Cadier Bar, Veranda). Compared to those, service at the front desk (which indeed serves only the "same small pool" of hotel customers) was almost warm!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:40 am
Suspended

Once I had have been there on behalf of my company "primesource.me" to set up hotel lock and I stayed there one week. you don't believe me that place and hotel are really marvelous.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by scented
I cannot follow your logic, as the hotel-operated restaurants also serve outside guests -- where is the difference? Some of the worst service I experienced was actually in the restaurants (Cadier Bar, Veranda). Compared to those, service at the front desk (which indeed serves only the "same small pool" of hotel customers) was almost warm!
You speak of logic but we are to assume your personal experience is the bottom line? No one from outside really goes to the hotel-operated restaurants. The separately run ones hogs that crowd.

Last edited by SocialAdept; Oct 19, 2016 at 3:00 am
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:16 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Had 2 clients that returned from 2 separate stays at Lydmar and loved it...and the upgrades didn't hurt
Old May 5, 2019, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by scented
By now, I can really say that service at Dahlgren was much, much better. Actually really good! The rest of the hotel was a work in progress. Although no one really seemed to be working on it...
2,5 years later: nothing changed apparently. Still work in progress and nobody seems to bother.

Our room (superior water view) is a renovated room but that’s about the only positive news I can add. Service is non-existing in this hotel and although they have joined LHW, they couldn’t care less. No upgrade, request for late check out was only granted after I had to raise my voice a bit, not even a welcome note let alone any kind of welcome amenities. I am staying here with my son to celebrate his birthday (we came to Stockholm to attend a concert) and although this was clearly indicated as a note in the reservation/special request, nothing happened. I am not expecting any kind of special treat (although we all know some hotels will go above and beyond whenever a kid’s birthday is involved) but really, not even a birthday card?

vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:20 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Any feedback on Bank Hotel (SLH)? FWIW, it's #4 of 158 on TA.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Never stayed there, but I've walked past many times while in Stockholm and it's in an awesome, central location. I'd take the amazing reviews of it that pop up with a quick Google search as a good sign. Hopefully someone else here can be more helpful than I.
escape4 likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by escape4
Not stayed. My choice in Stockholm is Lydmar. I'd advise you to completely, totally, and utterly ignore TA for Stockholm. The number of fake reviews for the hotels must number in the thousands. I see that Hotel Rival ranks #3 . We've had long discussions about TA and fake reviews. I discussed Hotel Rival and its *many* fake reviews here: Let's look at some FAKED reviews ...
BESVISOR and scented like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 10:16 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
+1 for Lydmar....Ett Hem is also a favorite.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
My last two stays at The Grand have won me back over. They gave me nice rooms both times, deep tub, etc...Also a great gym/spa and I love the bar in the lobby. Wonderful location. Until they turn me off again with bad rooms/service, I am sticking with them.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
+1 for Lydmar....Ett Hem is also a favorite.
Another +1 for Lydmar. I've had two stays there booked by BESVISOR that didn't have any major issues and had nice upgrades.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 11:40 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
Not stayed. My choice in Stockholm is Lydmar. I'd advise you to completely, totally, and utterly ignore TA for Stockholm. The number of fake reviews for the hotels must number in the thousands. I see that Hotel Rival ranks #3 . We've had long discussions about TA and fake reviews. I discussed Hotel Rival and its *many* fake reviews here: Let's look at some FAKED reviews ...
Yeah I think it's a problem generally speaking which is why I take reviews with a grain of salt, but I was not aware that it was more acute in Stockholm than elsewhere.

I am usually suspicious of reviewers who do not have a lot of reviews, those who are relatively short, only have positive things to say, etc. Reviews with 4 stars or less, reviews with pictures, reviews that point out to some downsides, and reviews which are quite long are signs for me that it's genuine.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:50 am

I am a fan of the Stockholm Grand Hotel. They tend not to upgrade much, so it’s particularly important to book at least the minimum category one is happy with. The spa is very good.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I am a fan of the Stockholm Grand Hotel. They tend not to upgrade much, so it’s particularly important to book at least the minimum category one is happy with. The spa is very good.
Interesting you are a fan, Mike, considering your usual high standards!

“In the Valley of the Blind...”?
MikeFromTokyo likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.