Beirut Hotels?

Old Dec 3, 13, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle View Post
Originally Posted by Earthman View Post
The rooftop bar and pool area at the four seasons was very lively at night (almost a nightclub)when we were there last June and with a much younger crowd (20's to late 30's) than le gray though.
If it's a party you want in that age group,with still good service and nice rooms,then it would have to be the four seasons.
Le Gray is nearer other bars (it's own rooftop is small and is too intimate though nice) but still the four S is at most a 10 min walk to them,they're easy found.
The harbour/boardwalk beside the four S has some lovely bars and restaurants that come alive at night.
But if you look at the two hotels overall, Le Gray is much more contemporary (Did you like the art on the walls of FS rooms?!!!). I agree that the FS rooftop is cool - it was something they added to the original design - but if you compare the rooms/suites, then le Gray nails it, IMHO.
Ah there's little question about that.
I was just replying in the context of where a group of 30 somethings would want to be based (without too much compromise on accommodation quality) and the posterdid say its going to be a 48hr party.
In that context,I don't think the better art work at Le Gray needs factoring in
Old Dec 6, 13, 5:35 am

I have to admit to being a very lazy poster on flyertalk but someone who really values the resource of other less lazy individuals!

My stay at Le Gray a couple of years back was one of those experiences I wish I had shared. I found it to be an exceptional city hotel - in fact probably one of the best city hotels I have ever stayed at (including FS Hong Kong and other usual suspects).

My only comments to the hotel management at the time was that their fantastic, buzzing lobby and beautiful rooftop pool were both far too small. Scale was the issue rather than quality but this was more than made up for by the attention to detail and exemplary service. One example I recall was when the staff at the rooftop pool opened an hour early because I wanted to have breakfast there before an early morning flight out. They didn't tell me this - I only found out when I queried why my party were the only guests there.

I am a Four Seasons aficionado and whilst when I went the Four Seasons was brand new and I did visit it, I was glad with my choice of accommodation and wouldn't have swapped it by any account. This might be an unfair criticism seeing as I didn't stay there but it just felt a little big, impersonal and ordinary compared with the individuality, style and character of Le Gray.
Old Dec 6, 13, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by idaud View Post
Le Gray a couple of years back...I found it to be an exceptional city hotel - in fact probably one of the best city hotels I have ever stayed at (including FS Hong Kong and other usual suspects

staff at the rooftop pool opened an hour early because I wanted to have breakfast there before an early morning flight out. They didn't tell me this - I only found out when I queried why my party were the only guests
great details!

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 6, 13 at 6:19 pm
Old May 12, 14, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Does anyone know what the FSPP amenity is at the FS in Beirut? Looks like I am heading back to BEY sooner than I expected..
Old Aug 30, 16, 9:26 pm

Is there any recent update to the Beirut hotel scene?

Looking at a Fri/Sat/Sun night stay prior to somehow getting to Tel Aviv.

Any comments on O Monot, Le Gray or Four Seasons?

Last edited by sydakllon; Aug 30, 16 at 11:11 pm
Old Aug 31, 16, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by sydakllon View Post
Is there any recent update to the Beirut hotel scene?

Looking at a Fri/Sat/Sun night stay prior to somehow getting to Tel Aviv.

Any comments on O Monot, Le Gray or Four Seasons?
My absolute favourite is Le Gray - intimate, very central for walking and with really great roms, even at entry-level. it's the only hotel I know that has proper Jura coffee makers in every room category - the machines that grind the beans as well as make the coffee. Impressive. I also like the small rooftop terrace.

If you want sea views, then Four Seasons is OK. The restaurants are good, but the rooms and suites are a bit dull, as the designs were done around 11 years before the hotel was actually built. Nice Spa, though.
Old Aug 31, 16, 5:42 pm

Thanks. Four Seasons doesn't look special at all.
Old Sep 1, 16, 12:17 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by sydakllon View Post
Thanks. Four Seasons doesn't look special at all.
Yea, it's not. I really regretted my decision to stay at the FS over the LG. Should've taken the good advice I got here!
Old Jun 20, 17, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
Going to be in Beirut (likely) in early July. One night from 3rd to 4th, then three nights from 12th-15th. Looking at Le Gray, especially for the longer stay, but also considering the O Monot. Any comments/reviews on O Monot?

Also looked at Albergo, part of the Relais & Chateaux group. Anyone have recent experience with that property?

Thanks for the advice.
Old Jun 20, 17, 11:50 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
I've only stayed at Le Grey and you really can't go wrong with that property. The location is fantastic (close to Beirut Souks) so you can get around easily without having to hop in a taxi. Mar Mikhael (area full of pubs and restaurants) is also a short distance away. Enjoy...
Old Jun 21, 17, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer View Post
I've only stayed at Le Grey and you really can't go wrong with that property. The location is fantastic (close to Beirut Souks) so you can get around easily without having to hop in a taxi. Mar Mikhael (area full of pubs and restaurants) is also a short distance away. Enjoy...
Sounds great. Thanks for the tip.
Old Jun 21, 17, 11:11 am

I just stayed at the FS a few weeks ago. It was fantastic. Sea view. Great roof bar. Incredible service and food. I can't say enough good things about it. Also, I had not been to Beirut in about 10 years. What a fantastic, undiscovered, under rated city.
Old Jun 21, 17, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Earthman View Post
Ah there's little question about that.
I was just replying in the context of where a group of 30 somethings would want to be based (without too much compromise on accommodation quality) and the posterdid say its going to be a 48hr party.
In that context,I don't think the better art work at Le Gray needs factoring in
Very much enjoyed my stay at Le Gray, although it wasn't quite as good as I expected. I will be staying at the FS later this summer, will offer a comparison then.
Old Nov 14, 17, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The FS is up for sale, which should be obvious for those who follow Saudi politics.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Business...-for-sale.ashx
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Nov 15, 17, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
Very much enjoyed my stay at Le Gray, although it wasn't quite as good as I expected. I will be staying at the FS later this summer, will offer a comparison then.
Neither of them are great, but those two are easily the best in Beirut. It depends on whether you want a sea view (FS) or be right in the heart of the old town (Le Gray).

Search this Thread